DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-04-2013, 11:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport CC 4x4
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:74
hemipowerv8 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klus01 View Post
Truck looks awesome! Keep up the good work.. keep us posted once ya put the vararam in. Im curious how they fit in the 8 speed with active grille shutters.
Supposedly this issues is fixed. Waiting to hear they have production units ready to install that are modified specifically for the 4x4 height, and the 8 speed and shutters on a Hemi. Should be soon.
Mods: Tint, Line-X spray in, PD emblems, Weathertech mats, Honeycomb grille, Mopar tow hooks, Magnaflow 18" and Y, Bilstein 5100s @ 2.1" & TGC rear spacer .75", Toyo All terrains 35x12.50x20, 5" black tips, BakFlip tonneau cover, 87mm tb
Next: Gorilla lifetime lug nuts, CAI, Diablo tune.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:10
Klus01 is on a distinguished road

Good to know! Lookin' forward to it.. I had a K&N on my '11 before i traded it in, and it was decent, but im leanin towards a Vararam on my '13.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:24 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Color: PX8 Black
Rep:1772
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klus01 View Post
Good to know! Lookin' forward to it.. I had a K&N on my '11 before i traded it in, and it was decent, but im leanin towards a Vararam on my '13.
I swapped personally myself from K&N to vararam and its a noticeable difference.
Plus it has the wow/cool factor

A few others on here just bought the vararam through us and had the K&N
K&N sounds great, but no real butt dyno change

If you need the vararam for the 13 we are running a promo in our vendor section.
1 in 15 chance of either wining your purchase back or a larger in store credit.
We are on round 3 now
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 06-04-2013, 11:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 ram 2500
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: flame red
Rep:471
Kcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of light

Great looking truck. I gotta get me some of those headlights for my truck

6" BDS lift kit, BMF R.E.P.R, 37" toyo MT, recon cab lights, color matched interior trim, tinted tails, custom headlights, cjc off-road light bar, backrack, afe stage 2 CAI
sponsored by BULLY'S PERFORMANCE
Old 06-05-2013, 12:02 AM
Bully's Performance

fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcbigbadram View Post
Great looking truck. I gotta get me some of those headlights for my truck
Just an FYI, we have a guy now that can do retro fitted headlamps
Old 06-05-2013, 07:47 AM

Did my first oil change yesterday to Mobil1 and got my post level alignment. I was out about .5% on both sides. Rides even better now.

Saving up to do Vararam and ported tb but I think I'll wait till tuning is available since these 2 mods without tuning probably only add about 8 or 9 whp.
Mods: Tint, Line-X spray in, PD emblems, Weathertech mats, Honeycomb grille, Mopar tow hooks, Magnaflow 18" and Y, Bilstein 5100s @ 2.1" & TGC rear spacer .75", Toyo All terrains 35x12.50x20, 5" black tips, BakFlip tonneau cover, 87mm tb
Old 06-05-2013, 12:27 PM
Bully's Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemipowerv8 View Post
Saving up to do Vararam and ported tb but I think I'll wait till tuning is available since these 2 mods without tuning probably only add about 8 or 9 whp.
We are in the process of dyno'ng these 2 mods along with a tuner to get true numbers.
Lets say it is 8-9 whp, many CAI's alone claim this and you NEVER feel it.

These 2 mods alone without a tuner does give you a butt dyno that you will notice. Add a tuner and you are laughing, but just thought I would share that.

On a side note, we are getting our '13 87mm TBs arriving in stock shortly and Vararams are in stock waiting on them to send us the new mocked up valence for the 13's
Old 06-05-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly@discountautoperformance View Post
We are in the process of dyno'ng these 2 mods along with a tuner to get true numbers.
Lets say it is 8-9 whp, many CAI's alone claim this and you NEVER feel it.

These 2 mods alone without a tuner does give you a butt dyno that you will notice. Add a tuner and you are laughing, but just thought I would share that.

On a side note, we are getting our '13 87mm TBs arriving in stock shortly and Vararams are in stock waiting on them to send us the new mocked up valence for the 13's
Great. I think I will be ready in a few weeks for tb and Vararam.
Dyno results on my Challenger without a tune, tb added about 4 hp and CAI from LMI added about 5 peak. Small gains throughout but nothing you could feel in that heavy a car. Throttle response was improved though.

The tuner made noticeable power throughout the power band though. Peak gain was about 21 hp with custom tune and some mid range gains in the 40-50 area!! Turning torque management down was the best mod though. And I feel it will be in the truck also. Only thing - if you are "listening" Diablo - no changes to the trans shifts in fear of messing it up like my 07. But this current Ram has a lot of power not unleashed I can tell. Specs show 395 hp well...I don't know about that. My 07 with CAI tune and exhaust made more I bet.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:34 PM
Bully's Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemipowerv8 View Post
Great. I think I will be ready in a few weeks for tb and Vararam.
Dyno results on my Challenger without a tune, tb added about 4 hp and CAI from LMI added about 5 peak. Small gains throughout but nothing you could feel in that heavy a car. Throttle response was improved though.

The tuner made noticeable power throughout the power band though. Peak gain was about 21 hp with custom tune and some mid range gains in the 40-50 area!! Turning torque management down was the best mod though. And I feel it will be in the truck also. Only thing - if you are "listening" Diablo - no changes to the trans shifts in fear of messing it up like my 07. But this current Ram has a lot of power not unleashed I can tell. Specs show 395 hp well...I don't know about that. My 07 with CAI tune and exhaust made more I bet.
Sweet! Keep us posted on when you're ready and ill try to link the dyno,thread when we get it up

As for more power, long tube headers is another option.

With CAI, TB, tuner, custom tune and LTs a member was able to get 68-72 RWHP, which is pretty damn good.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly@discountautoperformance View Post
Sweet! Keep us posted on when you're ready and ill try to link the dyno,thread when we get it up

As for more power, long tube headers is another option.

With CAI, TB, tuner, custom tune and LTs a member was able to get 68-72 RWHP, which is pretty damn good.
Yeah I'm well aware of the more power bug lol... And have been bitten badly.
My 392 Challenger is getting ported n polished heads and American Racing Headers long tubes and a new tune this week! Pretty excited. Should gain ~40 whp.

Gains of 70 whp on those mods you listed is incredible. I'd bet half that is from LTs on a Ram though. My truck has lifetime drivetrain and I was given free bumper to bumper Max Care to 100k miles due to troubles I had with trans on a new truck so I won't touch anything cats forward on this one. Simple bolt ons is as far as the truck goes.