DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Warranty Issues

Notices

Dodge Ram Warranty Issues Discuss your Dodge Ram Warranty in this forum.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Chevy 3500HD
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

I had the Max Care warranty brochures mailed to me. I scanned them into my computer in pdf format. If anyone wants them, PM me your email address and I'll send them to you.

I am not associated with Chrysler, I just think they have the best warranty.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 01-20-2011, 08:40 PM

Vehicle: 2010 ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:65
heavyzee will become famous soon enough

i just looked at this, and the sample contract, and $2300 for lifetime b2b...

but the more you read the details, the more it sounds not so good...

1st. all work has to be done and receipts kept.... (i dont know about u but i change my own oil, and can't give myself a receipt???)

2nd... only covers defects in manfacture (seriously read the warranty)

3rd... doesnt cover anything under design defect??? (i dont even know what that means, but sounds like a good reason not to fix somthing)

4th... doesnt cover the interior or exterior... sounds oddd???

this is for the MAX CARE PLAN

http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/contracts/MaxCare.pdf

thats the sample contract...

discuss
Old 01-20-2011, 10:19 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Chevy 3500HD
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Quote:
1st. all work has to be done and receipts kept.... (i dont know about u but i change my own oil, and can't give myself a receipt???)
You don't keep receipts and records for all your services whether you do them yourself or not? I must have missed where it says the service has to be performed at a specific place or by a specific person.

Quote:
2nd... only covers defects in manfacture (seriously read the warranty)
That's the same as your original warranty.

Quote:
3rd... doesnt cover anything under design defect???
Design flaws are the manufacturer's responsibility whether on the original warranty or not. That's what recalls are about.

Quote:
4th... doesnt cover the interior or exterior... sounds oddd???
No extended warranty covers these things. They are wear items.

Now that you've read the warranty, I suggest you get a list of covered items, all 5000+ and compare it to any other warranty. Not to mention the locations you can have repairs done.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 01-21-2011, 01:13 AM

Vehicle: 2009 ram 1500
Trim Level: sport
Color: brillian black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:75
PorkChop will become famous soon enough

extended warrenty in my mind is worth the money, if you want to be frugal with your money, at a minimum buy the longest best electrical warrenty you can. if there a sparky issue, it takes a LONG time to find it and last time i checked it costs an arm and a leg for labour rates
Old 06-06-2013, 12:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:21
molina67 is on a distinguished road

So I asked a buddy of mine who owns three repair shops if the extended warranties are worth it and he told me that they are not. He said that the people who you buy the warranty from will fight tooth and nail to pay, and that whatever the warranty does not cover as far as repairs the owner has to pick up. For instance if...
Repair cost = $1500
Warranty company agrees to pay $1000
Customer has to pay $100 deductible plus remaining $500.

He went on and said you are better taking the $2000+ and put it in the bank and let it draw interest until you need it. I have the advantage that this is a good friend of mine and most of our business is done in trade as I own my own embroidery / gift shop. For what it's worth that's my two cents.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-06-2013, 03:11 PM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Rep:1634
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

I too have also heard the good and bad points however it all depends on what you want... I took the extended warranty for 5 years however I haggled him toot and nail.... You should be able to pick up that plan between 1400 and 1600. The seven year plan was 2400 dollars. It all depends on piece of mind...

I know with the dealer that I deal with that they would not give me a hard time however I have heard the opposite from others.... Good luck with your decision and please let us know how you make out,.....

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"
Old 06-06-2013, 04:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Rep:2516
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute

Years ago I said no, but considering the amount of technology and the expensive repair costs on modern vehicles, IMHO it is well worth the piece of mind. On my new truck I purchased a plan, the first ever extended service plan I have purchased.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:37 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Whilst negotiating the price of my truck with the dealer, I also negotiated what the price of my warranty was going to be.

When I bought my Chrysler 200 convertible I opted not to get the warranty because I didn't like the person that I was dealing with. I figured I would cut off my nose to spite my face, but I wasn't giving her a penny of my cash.

So back to me buying my truck. When I told the that story to my new dealership he agreed to give me the 5 year gold plan warranty for the truck and the car for just under $1300.00 each.

I could be in the end money lost, but all it takes is one big bill and you get most (if not all) of your money back.

The other thing to consider is that here in Canada (or Toronto at least) we don't have the same Lemon Law that the states has, so it may make sense for us to grab it if we can get a good deal.

Was mine a good deal?? To me it was, but there could be others that got a better price than that, but I was happy.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn
Rep:10
2013RR is on a distinguished road

I have got the gold warranty today also for 5years/100K for 1300CAD and I think it is a good deal. It is my first truck and better be safe then sorry!
Old 06-30-2013, 12:21 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013RR View Post
I have got the gold warranty today also for 5years/100K for 1300CAD and I think it is a good deal. It is my first truck and better be safe then sorry!
Thought you could sneak in without getting noticed huh??

Well nice try! LOL.....

Welcome to the forum, glad you joined.

Lots of great people here with great advice, so don't be shy and jump right in.

When you get a chance, post a pic of your new ride.