DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-03-2013, 12:56 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

I think he just means ATS Diesel, it's the company's full name, most of us just drop the Diesel part.

I'm with CHVYKLR, I installed an MGH built trans as well, and the shifts are quite impressive and it's been behind 2 very strong and reliable builds, and mine is the 3rd that it's gone into that will be pushing over 500hp.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:539
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzo540 View Post
I went through 5 ATS trannies before swapping out the TC to the TCI over the trilock
Curious, did ATS cover all cost (parts and labor) on all 5 transmissions under their warranty?
...and how much down time did you see between tranny swaps?

I have a RIPP supercharger ready to install,
but waiting to find a built trans first. We are working with RIPP/ATS
to package a pair of ATS Transmissions/Co-Pilot/Deep Pan and TC to Canada and have a local ATS dealer/installer do the install.

My Bud already has his RIPP installed,
stock trans still and wont drive it too hard until he gets a spare tranny to bolt in.
He's currently conservatively running 13.7's (down from 14.7's) on his 4G QC 4x4, stock 20's/33's without pushing it too hard, letting off the gas at shift points.

Here's his Dyno numbers...

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP
Old 06-04-2013, 01:55 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

Nice numbers. I'd be a little uncomfortable with AFRs above 12.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:19 PM

Vehicle: 07 Hemi Ram QCSB 4x4
Trim Level: laramie
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:21
azzo540 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to azzo540

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHVYKLR View Post
I have a MGH built trans and the ATS triplelok tc. If you burn up another ATS trans I'd recommend giving mike a pm. Looking at your signature...are you running a 545rfe cause it says diesel tranny?
I dont think so and it they do i was planning on not getting another after this one.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:43 PM

BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHVYKLR View Post
Nice numbers. I'd be a little uncomfortable with AFRs above 12.

the A/F was just a tailpipe sniffer (after shorties,cats and magnaflow muffler)
So its not as accurate as a wide band, But yes, there is a good chance an upgraded fuel pump will be needed when we install his ARH LT's next week.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
I think he just means ATS Diesel, it's the company's full name, most of us just drop the Diesel part.

I'm with CHVYKLR, I installed an MGH built trans as well, and the shifts are quite impressive and it's been behind 2 very strong and reliable builds, and mine is the 3rd that it's gone into that will be pushing over 500hp.
MGRAM and I just put in our order for a pair of MGH Transmissions too,
the ATS package RIPP offered looked a little too risky to us.

Their 5 year warranty is only good for labor/parts and shipping for the first year.

Years 2-5 will only cover parts , unless you can haul your broken truck all the way to Colorado for them to remove/repair/re-install.

Mike Worked a deal with Ripp today to access their tuning and make the trans adjustments to run his built tranny. Huge thread on it on DT drivetrain section that went down over the last two days.

Old 06-07-2013, 07:16 AM

Vehicle: 07 Hemi Ram QCSB 4x4
Trim Level: laramie
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:21
azzo540 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to azzo540

they payed for everything on the first trans.
the rest they paid parts and shipping i paid for labor
they have fast shipping but after paying 500 a pop for swaps i had to start waiting to get the money saved up.

and to add my 2 cents in to A/F
my wideband at the end of my driver LT header hardly ever reads what it does at the tail pipe, cats change the reading

i also wish i had a 4th gen motor ---- nice dyno sheet
Old 06-07-2013, 10:30 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, your computer sh!ts the bed for 2 days and all hell breaks loose in the boost/trans world! Wow, that DT thread went to hell in a hurry, but had a nice recovery in the end. I wonder what kind of issues I'll have with the Procharger I'll be installing. I know I have to get custom tuning from the start, and I wonder if CCMR will be able to work with me on that since I know he has tuned a few LXs with prochargers as well. If not him then I'll have Davenport do their thing since they've been making efforts to repair their reputation in the Alberta LX community.

As for the MGH trans, it's really tuned for boost, and since I'm flogging it as N/A right now it's not 100%, and it's entirely my fault since I was supposed to have the new engine assembled and installed by now. Stupid wedding and work, lol.

You guys really need to pick up proper wideband sensors and have them installed ASAP, it's the only reliable way to record the readings, plus you can tap the AFR into your trinity and log it along with everything else, which is a huge bonus.

I would also highly recommend putting together a fuel return system and run a higher rate pump. I'm adding an after-rail fuel pressure regulator because the last thing I want is to lose fuel pressure when I'm pushing 12psi and a 150 shot and pop a piston.