DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Accessories - Dodge Ram Parts - Dodge Ram Performance - Registered Vendors! > Total Load Control - Dodge Ram Air Suspension

Notices

Total Load Control - Dodge Ram Air Suspension TLC™ is the patented air suspension for that solves the problems hauling or towing heavy loads with coil springs. Fits all 2009-14 RAM 1500 including Ecodiesel and just introduced for 2014 RAM 2500! No modification required; keep the coil springs. TLC also makes units for 02-13 RAM 2500 & 02-14 RAM 3500 with leaf springs. TLC adds over 5,000 lbs of lifting power to level any load or tow with the largest air springs on any full-size pickup – 9” Goodyear® dual bellows. Your truck will be safer, handle better and go faster around curves. TLC doesn’t interfere with the factory ride. You’ve never experienced the power of air bags until you try Total Load Control™. Easy to install; no drilling; fits leveled & body lifted trucks. We introduced TLC on the Z and have many happy Z customers. Get Total Load Control Today!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-03-2013, 11:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 3500 CTD Crew Cab
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:20
scuba0331 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emorris69 View Post
Hey guys, I have had a TLC system since December and up until a month ago everything worked great. Then I must have broken a mirror or something, I have been having nothing but bad luck. First my check valve went TLC was great and there techs sent me a new one and included there new bag mounting system which is great. Then when I went to replace it I took it off the top of my compressor was broken. Well I figured id replace the valve anyway and when I got the new one on I had to go to the gas station to fill up I figured everything was going to be great. Well it wasn't, after I refilled the bags I got the spray bottle out and started looking for the leak, well turns out the new check valve was also leaking. So I decided to get a cap after I got the system re-sealed I filled it again and there is still a leak somewhere. I'm almost ready to rip the whole thing out and blow it up. Anyone have any ideas before I get the explosives out?
Mine leaks too. I have checked the fittings and had to replace one of them. I think it is the Schroeder valve. Unfortunately I have to take the dash apart to access it. I'm not a fan of these push lock fittings. I will probably switch to compression fittings.

I've already had to replace the compressor. TLC replaced it without any issues. I had a friend make a box to out the compressor in so it would be out of the weather.

Make sure your lines are cut perfectly straight.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:40
Emorris69 is on a distinguished road

You are not the first person to tell me that the Schroeder valve might me an issue. Guess thats the next part I need
Old 06-08-2013, 01:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge RAM
Color: White
Rep:17
TLC John is on a distinguished road

Only recently have we received questions about TLC lifting the back end with 5 PSI.

We're guessing our early customers always had weight in their trucks and the bags were pushed back down. Also, it doesn't happen at 2-3 PSI so the questions more often come from customers who use the WirelessOne compressor that has a minimum 5 PSI factory setting. With no load or tow and 5 PSI, TLC does push the back up.

To avoid leaks, cut the tubing perfectly square. That's the key and its always worked. We've only had a handful of faulty fittings in all the units sold (we replaced, of course!) Also, push the tubing into the fittings until you feel the tube bottoming out.

If the pipe threads on the airbag fitting leak, re-wrap with fresh Teflon tape or a non-hardening thread sealant.

We stand behind our systems so please contact us with any questions you have.

Last edited by TLC John; 06-08-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Rep:163
bendodge has a spectacular aura aboutbendodge has a spectacular aura about
Default Ride hieght/leaks

I did check ride height before and after. Before 31 1/4" top of rear bumper after install with 2.5 pounds of air is 32" to top of rear bumper. As far as leaks I have installed a few different brands for customers over the years and have found that cutting the lines straight is important, as for leaks I have fittings that failed on other brands also. I think Firestone/Ailift recommend you check bag pressure once a month. Years ago when I had airshocks on my Challenger and Cuda they would also lose some pressure after a few weeks.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 1500, CC/6'4", Hemi/8 spd
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Flame Red
Rep:352
DAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC John View Post
Also, it doesn't happen at 2-3 PSI so the questions more often come from customers who use the WirelessOne compressor that has a minimum 5 PSI factory setting. With no load or tow and 5 PSI, TLC does push the back up.
Does anyone know of a wireless compressor kit that will allow a lower 2-3 PSI minimum setting?

I bought the TLC system recently, it is sitting here waiting for my truck to be built and delivered. Was just about to order a WirelessOne to go with the TLC, but, I don't want to have a 2" rear lift simply because the compressor system won't allow less than a 5 psi minimum. So I need to find a different solution.

- DAA
Old 06-11-2013, 04:53 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAA View Post
Does anyone know of a wireless compressor kit that will allow a lower 2-3 PSI minimum setting?

I bought the TLC system recently, it is sitting here waiting for my truck to be built and delivered. Was just about to order a WirelessOne to go with the TLC, but, I don't want to have a 2" rear lift simply because the compressor system won't allow less than a 5 psi minimum. So I need to find a different solution.

- DAA
I talked to the techs that manufacture the WirelessONe unit and it cannot be set to lower than 5lb.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:04 PM

DAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really nice

Is there any way to simply bypass it? Can you simply turn the system off and dump a couple PSI off and leave it like that until you need to add air to compensate for a load? I wouldn't think it needs to be active all the time if the system isn't leaking.

After just a quick glance over the install docs for the Firestone wireless system, it looks like it has a 5 psi minimum as well. The documentation wasn't very detailed though and it didn't really give any idea whether the system needed to be active or could be turned off.

Maybe I'll just have to forego the wireless option. I have a couple different 12V compressors that are a lot more beefy than the ones that come with these kits. I could hard mount one inside a Rambox and route the shrader valve right next to it. Not quite as convenient as one of these wireless setups, but would be a LOT cheaper, would allow me to run as low a PSI as I wished, and would have the output to fill tires and do other compressed air tasks.

Still, being able to just press a button on a remote would be nicer!

- DAA
Old 06-12-2013, 10:45 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAA View Post
Is there any way to simply bypass it? Can you simply turn the system off and dump a couple PSI off and leave it like that until you need to add air to compensate for a load? I wouldn't think it needs to be active all the time if the system isn't leaking.

After just a quick glance over the install docs for the Firestone wireless system, it looks like it has a 5 psi minimum as well. The documentation wasn't very detailed though and it didn't really give any idea whether the system needed to be active or could be turned off.

Maybe I'll just have to forego the wireless option. I have a couple different 12V compressors that are a lot more beefy than the ones that come with these kits. I could hard mount one inside a Rambox and route the shrader valve right next to it. Not quite as convenient as one of these wireless setups, but would be a LOT cheaper, would allow me to run as low a PSI as I wished, and would have the output to fill tires and do other compressed air tasks.

Still, being able to just press a button on a remote would be nicer!

- DAA
You could install a switch on the unit and shut it off, this would allow you to empty the bags using the manual air valve to what ever pressure you would like, the thing is with no air in the air bags or very little, it will ride ruff and will also when hitting bumps allow the support plate to knock. This wont damage anything but its just annoying.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:25 AM

Hmm... That doesn't sound good either. Thanks for the response though.

I may be confused, but I "thought" I was understanding the TLC guy above to be saying that 2-3 psi is what they recommend for daily driving without a load, and that running 5 psi is what is giving you the 2" rear lift.

Not that a 2" rear lift is the end of the world. I'm not sure whether I'd actually care or not. Won't know until I have the truck and see it for myself. But I don't like the idea of not having control over it.

Will have to think on this and do some more digging. I may end up just selling my uninstalled TLC system and going with a complete Firestone or AirLift kit instead. Just reading this forum, it really seems like TLC is just somebodies hobby/side deal. The guys representing the company here don't seem very responsive or to even know that much about the application specific issues with their product. Has me rethinking my choice. Thinking that chances for a system that was actually engineered and has real product support might be better with Firestone...

- DAA
Old 06-12-2013, 01:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Trim Level: SLT
Rep:40
Emorris69 is on a distinguished road

I would completely disagree with your statements the support and knowledge from TLC is top notch. I had a problem they sent me replacement parts till it fixed it. The system works fine at 2-3psi you can even run them at 1psi you just need to keep them tight which happens with very little air in the system. I have the hardwired compressor and love the set up until the bad valve everything was fine and worked better then any kit I've had in other trucks my father has the firestone kit and he isn't happy with it from day one they never sit nice and are smaller bags in his 1 ton then the 1/2 ton TLC kit and it runs off high pressure and is harder to trouble shoot and leaks more under normal operation. With my one bad valve and a loose fitting that screwed the whole system up it did seem very bad but once I had the time to trouble shoot it was a simple process. I installed and maintain it my self with no problems except for this issue. The parts are here and if the rain ever stops ill get it fixed and be a very happy TLC customer again.