DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemipowerv8 View Post
Yeah I'm well aware of the more power bug lol... And have been bitten badly.
My 392 Challenger is getting ported n polished heads and American Racing Headers long tubes and a new tune this week! Pretty excited. Should gain ~40 whp.

Gains of 70 whp on those mods you listed is incredible. I'd bet half that is from LTs on a Ram though. My truck has lifetime drivetrain and I was given free bumper to bumper Max Care to 100k miles due to troubles I had with trans on a new truck so I won't touch anything cats forward on this one. Simple bolt ons is as far as the truck goes.
Yea, majority was gained from the LTs. He did have JBA shorties prior and didnt get anything close.

What if your dealer installs the LT's, does it still void the warranty?
I know my dealer will install and keep the warranty valid on their end. Another dealer is a different story.
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 06-10-2013, 09:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport CC 4x4
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:74
hemipowerv8 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly@discountautoperformance View Post
What if your dealer installs the LT's, does it still void the warranty?
I know my dealer will install and keep the warranty valid on their end. Another dealer is a different story.

Not sure...hadn't asked that one. I know they will void for tune and when I asked about mods and warranty all he said was "don't touch anything cats forward and you are good..."
Mods: Tint, Line-X spray in, PD emblems, Weathertech mats, Honeycomb grille, Mopar tow hooks, Magnaflow 18" and Y, Bilstein 5100s @ 2.1" & TGC rear spacer .75", Toyo All terrains 35x12.50x20, 5" black tips, BakFlip tonneau cover, 87mm tb
Next: Gorilla lifetime lug nuts, CAI, Diablo tune.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:04 AM
Bully's Performance

fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Not sure...hadn't asked that one. I know they will void for tune and when I asked about mods and warranty all he said was "don't touch anything cats forward and you are good..."
My dealer said the same thing till I asked 'what if you install it?'
They said sell us the part for $0.01 and they will sell it back for $1.00 to show it on the invoice with labor
Rip off (percentage wise) on the selling back. But I can't complain. Lol
Old 06-10-2013, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly@discountautoperformance View Post
My dealer said the same thing till I asked 'what if you install it?'
They said sell us the part for $0.01 and they will sell it back for $1.00 to show it on the invoice with labor
Rip off (percentage wise) on the selling back. But I can't complain. Lol
Gave it a shot today.... They said nothing can be changed cats forward. And nothing after air intake. And no tune. But I'll do a few things. I have to tune and lock out mds. Hate that crap. And turn the torque management down some.
Mods: Tint, Line-X spray in, PD emblems, Weathertech mats, Honeycomb grille, Mopar tow hooks, Magnaflow 18" and Y, Bilstein 5100s @ 2.1" & TGC rear spacer .75", Toyo All terrains 35x12.50x20, 5" black tips, BakFlip tonneau cover, 87mm tb
Old 06-17-2013, 02:38 PM

Ok I have the 5" tips on the way picked em up from Discount Auto Performance and they were immediately shipped out so home waiting on the UPS guy (needs signature ) and hope to have em on this week! Will be removing the resonators to do so...hope the resonance doesn't get louder but I'd love a slightly deeper tone.

So I *like* the 18" and I think I may swap to the 14" Magnaflow for a bit louder in a year or so...but the way my mechanic did the exhaust I am now thinking to go to a DI/DO Magnaflow and utilize the ones with the internal X pipe as I hear great things about em. Anyone here done this? Would be more like a true dual setup but single muffler with internal X. I like the idea of that a lot.

I had the Mag Y pipe and the 18" muffler and brought them to him without specific instructions. He dislikes the way the exhaust runs stock so cut off behind the cats and rerouted it with stainless 2.5" pipe to the Y which is now right infront of the muffler...noticing that made me think...might as well cut the Y out and put in the DI/DO 18" true X Magnaflow (or go to the 14" now but I am enjoying the depth and limited noise of the 18 so undecided here...certainly won't go with the 11" one as that would be louder than Flowmasters according to a friend)

Any experience? I don't expect much sound difference...I would imagine a bit louder and probably flow a bit better but probably not even very noticeable...which is why I even ASK instead of just doing it...here are pics of the setup now...and the Mag I am considering...

What do you guys think? Worth doing? I have a 14" SI/DO Magnaflow I never installed I can sell as well as the 18" once it comes off...so net cost would be nothing really...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg magnaflowfront.jpg (126.1 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg magnaflowtorear.jpg (123.1 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 12468.jpg (23.0 KB, 30 views)
Old 06-17-2013, 04:11 PM
Bully's Performance

Quote:
Ok I have the 5" tips on the way picked em up from Discount Auto Performance and they were immediately shipped out so home waiting on the UPS guy (needs signature ) and hope to have em on this week! Will be removing the resonators to do so...hope the resonance doesn't get louder but I'd love a slightly deeper tone.

So I *like* the 18" and I think I may swap to the 14" Magnaflow for a bit louder in a year or so...but the way my mechanic did the exhaust I am now thinking to go to a DI/DO Magnaflow and utilize the ones with the internal X pipe as I hear great things about em. Anyone here done this? Would be more like a true dual setup but single muffler with internal X. I like the idea of that a lot.

I had the Mag Y pipe and the 18" muffler and brought them to him without specific instructions. He dislikes the way the exhaust runs stock so cut off behind the cats and rerouted it with stainless 2.5" pipe to the Y which is now right infront of the muffler...noticing that made me think...might as well cut the Y out and put in the DI/DO 18" true X Magnaflow (or go to the 14" now but I am enjoying the depth and limited noise of the 18 so undecided here...certainly won't go with the 11" one as that would be louder than Flowmasters according to a friend)

Any experience? I don't expect much sound difference...I would imagine a bit louder and probably flow a bit better but probably not even very noticeable...which is why I even ASK instead of just doing it...here are pics of the setup now...and the Mag I am considering...

What do you guys think? Worth doing? I have a 14" SI/DO Magnaflow I never installed I can sell as well as the 18" once it comes off...so net cost would be nothing really...
Sorry about that.....we do that on purpose as you would not believe the horror stories when we did not have signature request on them.
It was not pretty.
But pls share pics when they are on.

Pls do come back with anymore needs you may have.
We are now know as Bully's Performance.
Discount Auto Performance will still remain and is now our wholesale channel
Old 06-18-2013, 09:34 PM

Finished the exhaust today!
So far, had installed 2.5" pipe from the cats back to the Magnaflow Y mid truck then 6" of 3" diameter pipe into the Magnaflow 18" muffler. Muffler has two 2.5" out that we ran reducers to keep the mandrel bent stock 2.25" back to stock tips.

Sound on this was smooth and powerful sounding (kinda) but needed just a LITTLE more...idle was TOO quiet also.

Ordered a set of 5" black MBPR tips from Discount Auto Performance with the reducers and brought the truck to a performance muffler shop today. I had them cut off in front of the resonators (to delete them) and bump up to 2.5" pipe back to the reducer and 5" tips...lined it all up...made the 15 degree cuts line up with the 15 degree angle on the bumper cutouts and recessed the tips just under the cut out portion. Looks awesome!!

Sound wise...deeper, more muscular, better tone and a bit louder...it DOES add some interior resonance when this is done but I expected it. I will sell the 14" Magnaflow I have locally and stick with the "moderate" 18 inch instead as it is very smooth and mellow but has great sound anytime on the gas!

Next will be Vararam, tb and tonneau...probably dip my wheels black also...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image(3).jpg (123.3 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg image(5).jpg (110.6 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg image(7).jpg (117.7 KB, 64 views)

Last edited by hemipowerv8; 06-19-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:27 PM
Bully's Performance

Very nice! Got the same tips on mine
Old 06-28-2013, 03:30 AM

Will snap pics tomorrow but just finished dipping all 4 wheels. Not sure I like it and may go back to the polished aluminum but leave the center cap black. As long as its not chrome I like it. Ha.
Also Plasti-Dipped the chrome ring in the center console area. It was reflecting sunlight in the afternoon and blinding me. This piece looks 10 times better in black! Really goes well with the rest in my interior.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:21 PM

Did my second oil change yesterday and got to hear my truck being driven off. VERY happy with the sound of the exhaust. Muscular sound. Deep. Not super aggressive/race car sounding though. Inside the cab you can barely hear its louder but outside is great!! 18" was the right decision for me. I feel like 14" would have just been more sound inside which on my truck I didn't want. My car is super loud so daily driven truck needed to be tame interior. Perfect!

Other mods- did the BakFlip FiberMax tonneau and really like it so far.

Issue wise- some sort of squeak from the suspension it seems. Brining to the dealer for some warranty stuff so will have them check it out. Could be rear - the spring spacers are metal on metal. Maybe it's Bilsteins not sure. Will have them fix a factory paint mess up I found waxing it. Drivers side mirror at highway speeds shakes. Rear view mirror is loose I guess. I aim it just right and a week later I'm aimed at the back seat. Small stuff but might as well get it done. Overall - love the truck. And all my mods I highly recommend and would do again. No regrets.