How to install Mopar Power Tailgate Lock Actuator (P/N 82211668-AB) on your 2009 Dodge RAM 1500
1. Disconnect Negative battery cable
2. Remove access cover on tailgate (8 T25 Torx).
3. Disconnect the actuator rods at the handle.
4. Remove the 2 nuts (5/16” socket) while holding the handle. (handle may fall out if you don’t hold it)
5. Remove actuator and Handle from tailgate.
6. Remove the 2 bolts (5/16” socket) holding the lock cylinder and remove cylinder
7. Drill 2 5/32” holes in the corners at location shown
8. Rivet the small bracket with the supplied rivets’ as shown.
9. Mount the power lock actuator to the supplied bracket with the supplied T20 Torx bolts.
10. Now for the tricky part. Put the lock cylinder in the handle but do not bolt it in. insert the power lock actuator rod into the bracket that was riveted on the lock actuator arm. Then insert then handle into the tail gate and then the power actuator/actuator . Note that the power lock actuator bracket will go over the lock cylinder and one of the studs in the handle.
11. Loosely put the 2 nuts that hold the handle to the actuator.
12. Install the 2 bolts that hold the lock cylinder .
13. Tighten the 2 nuts holding the handle and re-attach the actuator rods.
14. Plug the actuator (tailgate) harness into the actuator and clip it inside the tailgate. See instructions for the 2 locations as the flash is broken on my camera. LOL
15. Connect the jumper harness to the tailgate harness. Route the harness from the rear to the driver’s side fender and to the TIPM. I secured mine near the receiver so I have easy access to unplug it if I need to remove the tail gate. I routed the harness along the frame keeping it away from exhaust and suspension components. Tie-wrapped it pretty much the whole way to the brake lines.