DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-15-2013, 03:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 2500 CTD; 6.4 Ordered
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Western Brown
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:139
HorseMan will become famous soon enoughHorseMan will become famous soon enough
Default 2013 Engine Block Heater Cord Install on CTD (With PICS)

Hey guys-there are several threads on the engine block heater cord install on the CTD. I installed mine yesterday and wanted to post up some pics. I removed the air filter housing and the intake tubing to the turbo. It was much easier this way. The easiest way is to remove the oil filter and screw in the cord from the bottom, but with only 1800 miles, I didn't want to remove filter. It took me about 3 hours, but I took my time, inspected everything, and took a few breaks (it was hot yesterday). I may never need the cord, but it does get cold in Arkansas.

The cord I purchased from the dealer had the push pins installed on the cord, and the truck has the holes already on frame. I screwed in the cord to the heater from topside, then got underneath to run the cord along the frame to just above the pass. side tow hook. It's completely out of sight until you pull the cord down to plug it in. It's very nice! I learned that all CTD's have the heater, but if you don't purchase the winter group, you don't get the cord. My truck obviously didn't come with cord, so I installed it myself.

Here, you can see the orange plug in location where you screw the cord into the existing block heater. It's just above and behind the oil filter.

Sorry, this pic is turned sideways, but you can see the filter housing removed and the the tube taking air to the turbo removed.

Here's the turbo-still nice and clean after 1800 miles. If you're patient, you can get to all the clamp screws, which hold the tube in place. The oil filter is right in front of the turbo on the CTD.

Here's a wide shot of the filter housing removed. You can unplug the air sensor (2 plug ins of some sort) and fold the the filter housing top to the side to get to the rest of the clamp screws on the tubing.
Sponsored links
Old 06-15-2013, 11:08 PM
MOPAR or no Car

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Black / Gold
Rep:145
madhatr02 will become famous soon enoughmadhatr02 will become famous soon enough

Cool deal and great you put it in yourself, I had one on my F-250, when the salesman showed it to me we both looked at each other and laughed. Having driven diesels in cold weather they are a valuable asset just down here in Texas on a newer truck not necessary.

2013 Laramie Longhorn
aka "The Enterprise"