DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 2ND Generation Dodge Ram 1994 to 2001 Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > 5.9L V8 Specific Topics

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-17-2013, 09:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2001 Ram 2500 4X4
Rep:19
SScott is on a distinguished road

How would you adjust it if that is it Warlock? I have a leak somewhere on the TFC and am going to look closer at it. Thanks!
Old 06-17-2013, 09:58 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2000 Ram ORE 4x4 5.9L
Trim Level: Laramie SLT
Color: White
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:55
Wh1t3nukle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock III View Post
There is also a switch on the TFC that illuminates the light when the 4 wd is engaged on my truck. It may be unplugged or need to be adjusted.
If you have a 95 as it says in your info, then it does not apply to his 2001.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:05 AM
Is a sloppy perfectionist

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1694
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

Oops, I just went out and looked. Mines a manual and I was thinking that the NSS was it for some reason.

It's weird though because in the cold I can disengage the 4 wd and the light will stay on for a second so it is probably vacuum activated. But I'm not sure to tell the truth. I already forgot more than some guys will ever learn

Sorry.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:07 AM

Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wh1t3nukle View Post
If you have a 95 as it says in your info, then it does not apply to his 2001.
Calm down, it was an honest mistake. I don't want him looking for something that doesn't exist either. I wasn't trying to intentionally mislead him. I have changed quite a few things on the truck and updated it and just couldn't remember if that'd been done too.

I apologized

Last edited by Warlock III; 06-17-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:09 AM

You made the mistake. Simple as that. He and others could do the same thing. We are both here to help catch mistakes, right?
Old 06-17-2013, 10:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2001 Ram 2500 4X4
Rep:19
SScott is on a distinguished road

No problem at all Warlock. I am VERY grateful for the help! Don't tell anyone but I am a Ford guy who just got his first ever Dodge so it is like being a newbie all over. =D
Old 06-17-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wh1t3nukle View Post
You made the mistake. Simple as that. He and others could do the same thing. We are both here to help catch mistakes, right?
As I had said, yes I made the mistake, I was wrong, I submitted an erroneous supposition, and for that I am truly sorry.

The only reason there is 6 minutes between my posts is because I went out to double check because I know there's a difference between 95-97/98-99/2000-2001. It'd be different if I had just said it and left it at that.

You have my unending gratitude for being here on the site and immediately calling me out on my mistake and pointing it out while I was outside verifying whether what I had said or not was true, and for that I thank you. Simple as that.

Thank you Thank you Thank you

(not to mention that "be right back" was under 15 characters so it didn't post while I was out looking, if only you'd been here to point that out to me too)

Last edited by Warlock III; 06-17-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:43 AM

At least you actually go out a check stuff AND able to report with high confidence on "how" you checked it. I'm confident that you'll catch me with a mistake here and there as well. There are all these slight nuances on these rigs and one can easily mix 'em up.

We don't need no stinkin 4wd light!

on me
Old 12-04-2013, 12:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1998 Ram 1500 4X4 Club Cab SB
Trim Level: VIN says Laramie
Rep:10
RamEarthquake is on a distinguished road

Well it's been six months since a post was made on this topic and I thinks it's time to fix that.

I am new here, and a new Ram owner. I have had a ton of Durangos, but I finally got my truck!!

Issue is (issues ARE, but I will cover the other stuff elsewhere and later) I have had the truck for two weeks, just put on Cooper ATP LT265/75-16's and tried to use the 4WD (4 High). The light comes on, I can feel the transfer case change gears, but no front wheel spinny spinny. I put it in 4 Low and the rpms went up at low speed like it should, but still no front wheel gription. I have read through this post and others and understand that there is a vacuum line, but if the light comes on then the vacuum line is working, right?

Any help would be great. I have already been using the vast knowledge from here for a week or so. Thanks in advance!!
Old 12-04-2013, 01:53 PM

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram 1500, 2000 Ram
Trim Level: Laramie, SLT
Color: Red/Grey
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:69
slimpartywagon will become famous soon enough

Just becasue the vacuum diaphragm is moving the actuator switch in the axle doesn't mean the engagement fork is operating correctly. On the passenger side of the front axle is where the actuator motor is located. make sure its working properly. I had the same symptoms on mine and ended up running a pto engagement cable to convert it from vacuum to mechanical.