DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-18-2013, 01:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram CC 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black (PX8)
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:388
ONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayhemiST View Post
Well, I guess you never saw the Dateline NBC episodes, where the toolbag Chrysler Workers were all out at a park in Michigan at lunchtime boozing it up with 40 ozer's, then going back and building our vehicles.....you couldn't assemble a ashtray let alone a motor..... Oh, you're seeing 3 of these crankshafts? Just pick the one in the middle! No one will notice.
They were not building engines.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:53 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Rep:176
Clifford17 has a spectacular aura aboutClifford17 has a spectacular aura about

Just another small update, I took the service manager for a ride and duplicated the sound and he agreed that its not normal and it's not the exhaust causing the problem. So it's going there tomorrow to get looked at again. Also I put the truck on jack stands and put it in drive and made it make the clicking sound... No spicific part is clicking, the entire engine shakes something ferce when it kickin in to 4 banger mod. So I have no idea what it could be.

Also the truck is definitely burning oil, the dealer did an oil change 1.5 weeks ago and the oil Level is already below the safe mark... And it only has 500km on it so far. I have videos of it blowing smoke while driving and I'm not even driving it hard... If I set the cruise to 60km and drive for about 2km's then just touch the throttle it smokes like I'm rolling diesel coal but only whitish grey... I'll post the videos later on tonight...

And one more thing... I think the service manager is on my side even with the mods because I received a cheque in the mail yesterday from the dealership for the money they charged me to look at it te other week when they denied my claim... Hopefully things are starting to look up for me...
Old 06-18-2013, 12:21 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram HEMI
Rep:36
MEZERR is on a distinguished road

Great! However, if it turns sour again, don't take NO for an answer. If they are going to deny your claim because of your exhaust, they need to prove the exhaust is causing, or caused the issue. And in order to prove that, they need to figure out what the issue is. If they don't know what the issue is, how can they say it was caused by exhaust.

Also, document, document, document. Write EVERY conversation down in a document, and write exactly what things were said. If this goes sour, you will need this documentation for CAMVAP.

If this goes sour, I can help you with any questions you have about CAMVAP. I have an open case going myself.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:26 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Hemi Regular Cab
Trim Level: ST
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:277
GrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONOutdoorsman View Post
They were not building engines.
Maybe they weren't.....but they could have been assembling the brakes or steering units....point is, people have different mind sets(and substance abuse issues) at different times of the week, month, etc......especially if they have domestic issues outside the workplace. Cliff, I admire your persistence with this issue(s), and I hope things are resolved soon....sounds like someone is on your side now. Maybe they can convince corporate to give you a new motor if necessary.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:29 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 4x4 RC/SB
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:398
Butter is just really niceButter is just really niceButter is just really niceButter is just really nice

I don't buy the exhaust excuse and I don't think the Y pipe has anything to do with these problems! I scrapped the stock exhaust including the Y pipe for a custom built with a pair of Flowmasters and I have had no problems at all. Burning that much oil I would expect you're about to get a new engine. Good luck man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
Can't believe I'm saying this again. It truly pains me. But are any of you regular cab (Mexican-built) guys having these problems?

No problems here
2010 Ram 1500 reg cab swb 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, 3:92 gears, Flowmaster 40 true duals, 2.5 leveling kit, Bridgestone Dueler 275/55/20 on KMC Skitch Wheels, DeeZee steps, BakFlip G2 tonneau cover, Weathertech Digital fit floor mats
Old 06-18-2013, 01:47 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Always a good thing to have your dealership's SM on your side.

Kudos to him.

Grub out!
Old 06-18-2013, 01:50 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayhemiST View Post
Maybe they weren't.....but they could have been assembling the brakes or steering units....point is, people have different mind sets(and substance abuse issues) at different times of the week, month, etc......especially if they have domestic issues outside the workplace.....
Now you're clutching at straws.... but I admire your unyielding persistence.

Grub out!
Old 06-18-2013, 02:51 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Hemi Regular Cab
Trim Level: ST
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:277
GrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
Now you're clutching at straws.... but I admire your unyielding persistence.
Thanks for the confidence...... I might be alittle...but you never know these days
Old 06-18-2013, 06:51 PM

Vehicle: 2012 ram
Rep:117
Red-Stripe will become famous soon enoughRed-Stripe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifford17 View Post
Just another small update, I took the service manager for a ride and duplicated the sound and he agreed that its not normal and it's not the exhaust causing the problem. So it's going there tomorrow to get looked at again. Also I put the truck on jack stands and put it in drive and made it make the clicking sound... No spicific part is clicking, the entire engine shakes something ferce when it kickin in to 4 banger mod. So I have no idea what it could be.

Also the truck is definitely burning oil, the dealer did an oil change 1.5 weeks ago and the oil Level is already below the safe mark... And it only has 500km on it so far. I have videos of it blowing smoke while driving and I'm not even driving it hard... If I set the cruise to 60km and drive for about 2km's then just touch the throttle it smokes like I'm rolling diesel coal but only whitish grey... I'll post the videos later on tonight...

And one more thing... I think the service manager is on my side even with the mods because I received a cheque in the mail yesterday from the dealership for the money they charged me to look at it te other week when they denied my claim... Hopefully things are starting to look up for me...
Hmm... have you checked to see if it's been choking down antifreeze with the oil?
Old 06-19-2013, 09:31 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Rep:176
Clifford17 has a spectacular aura aboutClifford17 has a spectacular aura about

So I started an oil consumption report last Thursday and I'm supposed to bring it in every week so the can check it and record anything if they have to.. I have 400 kms on the oil change so far and I brought it in last night after work and it was down 1.5 liters already... So there definitely is something going on inside the engine somewhere... It's at the dealer today for the clicking noise again and most likely the oil problem.