DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-24-2013, 01:38 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Um sorry does not take away from anything in fact after its lowered it handles better

case in point

Sorry show was just proving a point
Old 06-24-2013, 01:39 AM

dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Run 318 curves in 11 miles in a stock truck LOL
Old 06-24-2013, 02:42 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Sport
Color: Blue Pearl
Rep:5
RekTek is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgert View Post
Um sorry does not take away from anything in fact after its lowered it handles better

Sorry show was just proving a point
I could see it handling slightly better if its done properly but to me it's just a case of fashion over function. You cant say it doesnt take away anything. You sacrifice ground clearance, ride comfort, towing and payload capasity, resale value, damage resistance from road debris, safety... etc all so it can have 5% less body roll around pylons. It just makes a good truck slightly less useful. Just like I wouldn't lift my car, I wouldn't lower a truck. If cornering is your reason why not trade it in for a fast car? I know, I'm being a dick. That's all ill say. Just tell me I'm wrong and ill be on my way
Old 06-24-2013, 09:30 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Satin Orange
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:597
TheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to all

In the end its their vehicle and money so be it.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RekTek View Post
I could see it handling slightly better if its done properly but to me it's just a case of fashion over function. You cant say it doesnt take away anything. You sacrifice ground clearance, ride comfort, towing and payload capasity, resale value, damage resistance from road debris, safety... etc all so it can have 5% less body roll around pylons. It just makes a good truck slightly less useful. Just like I wouldn't lift my car, I wouldn't lower a truck. If cornering is your reason why not trade it in for a fast car? I know, I'm being a dick. That's all ill say. Just tell me I'm wrong and ill be on my way
Well its rides just the same i did not slame it , and ive been offered alot to sell it i have 0 problems with ground clearance did not buy it to tow anything got another truck for that have n/p hauling stuff in it and all in all think it looks a hell of alot sleeker.And your not being a dick your just voicing your opinion so thats cool.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:53 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Express
Trim Level: 1500 Express
Color: Black
Rep:54
shostopper17 will become famous soon enough

Dodge rt great road track pics and truck is badasss and why i lowered my truck is for performance and style if i had a four door than it would be jacked up on 35's but since i have two door short bed its strictly a street truck never sees mud unless its raining lol
Old 06-24-2013, 06:18 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Hemi express quad
Trim Level: ST express
Color: Grey
Rep:195
RAM EM has a spectacular aura aboutRAM EM has a spectacular aura about

It really just all depends on what YOU use YOUR truck for. Obviously, if I hauled stuff all the time or used it as a work truck it wouldn't be lowered. I think a lowered truck is the best of both worlds (for me), it's fast, handles good, carries up to 6 people, and can tow/haul if needed. Show me a sports car that can do that.

-DS Trinity- Hemifever tuned - 18" Magnaflow - BT catch can - 180 Tstat - 22" SRT10's - 305/45 Nitto 420 - SG 2/4 drop - blacked out heads/tinted tails - dechromed/debadged - 20% tint-
Old 06-24-2013, 09:16 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Rep:517
shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light

I like the look. Just as much as a lifted truck. My truck is lowered 2/4 and plans for 4/6 one day.

And if you put air assist bags in the rear you don't lose any towing ability.

Looks good man. Once you get a little low, you always want more!!!
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler,AFE CAI, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s,BT 964SP lowered on oem chrome 17's and some LEDs... Plenty on the To-Do list

New audio build in progress
Old 06-24-2013, 09:43 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Crew Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl Coat
Rep:50
MorePwr will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RekTek View Post
Sacrifice ground clearance? Nope don't have that issue, stock tires and wheels, how did that change?
Ride comfort? Nope, replaced spindles. I kept the stock springs, shocks and tires NO Change
Towing? NO hitch, not a problem
Payload? No issue so far
Damage resistance from road debris? What is that?
Safety? What changes as far as safety?

Mine is lowered because:
I like the looks
I don't have side steps, but have a short girlfriend and kids. I don't want damages from climbing in to the truck and sliding over the seat edges.
My truck is for street use and rarely gets driven (2011 w/ 17,485 miles). I don't need ground clearance because I don't depend on my truck to make a living or climb over things.

But I understand your point of view. I often ask why people chrome out everything or "murder" their vehicles. Very few pull it off. I managed a truck accessory retail store for years, and I know people want to make their vehicles personal. I notice you don't have any listed mods, so maybe you are one of the people that likes the stock look and performance. I personally have modified EVERY vehicle I have owned. In excess of 35 vehicles, but I lost count....

Last edited by MorePwr; 06-24-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:33 PM

only thing i haul is ASS lol