DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-20-2013, 10:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 1500, CC/6'4", Hemi/8 spd
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:352
DAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really nice

I don't know that two weeks are required for the changeover. But given that they have said '14 production will start 7/22 and the plant will be shut down 7/1-7/14, I just kind of doubt they'll be building '13s that week of 7/15. My guess would be getting some training and prepping to start building '14s the following week. But, I surely do not know that.

What I do know, is my '13 order still hasn't moved at all. Still expect it likely will be built, sometime before the end of next week. Even though it hasn't moved from production scheduled yet as of this morning.

Doubt I'll actually see it before late July or early Aug. though. Can see it coming off the line next week, going out for bedliner etc, then coming back for inspection, which can't/won't happen until the plant opens back up in mid July. Getting it into my hands a full three months after ordering. Right in line with what my dealer warned me to expect when I placed the order. Sigh...

- DAA
Old 06-20-2013, 10:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500,CC,4x4,AirRide
Trim Level: Laramie 8-Speed
Color: Flame Red, Metalic Silver Trim
Rep:10
FDWolf is on a distinguished road
Default 24 Hour Update Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDWolf View Post
Mu build has started this morning per VOTS email notification.

Not sure if it was just my turn to get built before production shuts down at the end of the month. It now looks like they will meet the estimated ship date of 6/25 on my truck.

However I want to think it had something to do with the line of communication I opened with Chrysler Manufacturing Management via email yesterday. I received a personal reply that they would look in to it.

And then all of a sudden I am in FRAME....coincidence probably.

Fred
VOTS Updates every morning around 8:30am EST.

Build went from FRAME yesterday at 8:30am to TRIM this morning at 8:30am
Old 06-20-2013, 11:16 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Clarkgriswald is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDWolf View Post
VOTS Updates every morning around 8:30am EST.

Build went from FRAME yesterday at 8:30am to TRIM this morning at 8:30am
I wouldn't trust VOTS because my truck went into paint and I got an email yesterday saying that. Today no emails but on the VOTS site its in Final Inspection.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Longhorn 6'4" bed
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: white
Rep:25
SteveA922 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAA View Post
I don't know that two weeks are required for the changeover. But given that they have said '14 production will start 7/22 and the plant will be shut down 7/1-7/14, I just kind of doubt they'll be building '13s that week of 7/15. My guess would be getting some training and prepping to start building '14s the following week. But, I surely do not know that.

What I do know, is my '13 order still hasn't moved at all. Still expect it likely will be built, sometime before the end of next week. Even though it hasn't moved from production scheduled yet as of this morning.

Doubt I'll actually see it before late July or early Aug. though. Can see it coming off the line next week, going out for bedliner etc, then coming back for inspection, which can't/won't happen until the plant opens back up in mid July. Getting it into my hands a full three months after ordering. Right in line with what my dealer warned me to expect when I placed the order. Sigh...

- DAA

After placing my order on 4/23 my longhorn is still sitting in D status as well, maybe a big push next week on Longhorns? CS told me a 3 weeks ago that it had a "to be shipped" date of 6/27 and that date hasn't been changed. Cutting it pretty close as after it's built it still needs to get the spray in bed liner. Hope they get all the bolts tight as it comes blasting and careening down the assembly line. LOL.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:09 PM

Pleae don't confuse my stating what VOTS says as believing it is accurate information. A after staring at it every day for so long...it's nice to see something change and a different picture to look at !
Old 06-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I think that most people picture a completed vehicle going to paint, like at a auto body shop
That is far from the truth, right after flat sheets of metal are formed & welded into a cab, truck bed, doors & tailgate, those newly formed body parts go into paint preparation & then into a half assed paint booth for primer & then paint & then into the drying area, these parts never stop moving along a slowly moving track. About the same time the trucks frame starts along a separate slow moving track that is well away from the paint area. The frame receives everything that will attach to it, including the suspension, engine, transmission, etc
at a point that the frame has received everything, the painted body parts have been assembled & drop down onto the frame & fastened to it, then the wiring harness is laid into place & the dashboard is put in, then the seats, then the doors are fastened on & the trim is put on, then i believe the wheels & tires are put on
All this is done as the unit is still moving slowly along the track
This process takes about 15 hours

this Jeep Grand Cherokee being assembled shows the assembly better then the Ram video

Ram video is filmed backwards through the process, when the guy puts on the tailgate emblem, the body is still not on the frame

Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 06-20-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:03 PM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500 CC 6'4"
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Bright White Two-tone
Rep:12
Hardrocker06 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA922 View Post
After placing my order on 4/23 my longhorn is still sitting in D status as well, maybe a big push next week on Longhorns? CS told me a 3 weeks ago that it had a "to be shipped" date of 6/27 and that date hasn't been changed. Cutting it pretty close as after it's built it still needs to get the spray in bed liner. Hope they get all the bolts tight as it comes blasting and careening down the assembly line. LOL.
I was giving a est ship date of 6/24 for my white laramie CC 6'4". Maybe there is something to building white CC 6'4" trims... hopefully very soon!?!?
Old 06-21-2013, 08:02 AM

Red face Moving rather quickly now !

24 hours after Frame status showed up ...it went to Trim status at 8:30am the yesterday morning at 8:30am again. Called CS in the afternoon said that the Truck was completed and entered KZ status ready to be loaded on train for shipment.

They said it would be at my dealer on 6/27

One day to build and was not held up in Final Inspection...I guess you gotta like a Wednesday build day !

Waiting to see if at 8:30am today VOTS goes to shipping and if I can see the Window Sticker online.

FDWolf

Update : Just checked VOTS again :8:00am - Status has changed to Shipping !

Last edited by FDWolf; 06-21-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Rep:420
skytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really nice

I'm sure the factory workers at Dodge are happy to have the additional work. Having a high paying job in this country now has become increasingly difficult over the past 4 years.