DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Drag Racing Discussion


Notices

Drag Racing Discussion Post your questions and info about how to best get these beasts down the 1320!


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 06-19-2013, 07:02 PM
CmRam's Avatar
CmRam CmRam is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Conroe, Texas
Age: 30
Posts: 81
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:52
CmRam will become famous soon enough
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRamHemi View Post
Can you get 93 octane gas? If so, load up the 93 tune
Set your rev limiter to max, 6400 rpm on a Superchips tuner iirc
and start with your shift points for 1-2 around 6100 rpm, 2-3 at 5900.

To save a little weight make sure you only have a quarter tank of fuel, and remove your spare
(every hundred pounds of weight reduction will reduce your ET by a tenth.)

Should be good for low to mid 14's if you get a cool evening.
My best guess, 14.4's if you're new to the track , then you'll be back many times and hundreds of dollars later until you break into the 13's.

you'll bask in the glory of that elusive 13 slip for about a year once you get it, and you will be happy
...but if you're unfortunate like some of us, you'll get a craving for 12's eventually, and that will cost you thousands instead of just hundreds.

I'm sure I will, modding is so addicting and fun especially after this first time at the track like you said. As for the 93 tune, I had it loaded a while ago with 93 octane, yet my truck didn't seem to like it at times actually felt a little slower than 91 tune, so I've just left it on 91 tune,Maybe i had a case of spark knock.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-19-2013, 08:22 PM
BlackRamHemi's Avatar
BlackRamHemi BlackRamHemi is online now
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada
Age: 51
Posts: 2,619
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep Power: 7
Rep:539
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmRam View Post
I'm sure I will, modding is so addicting and fun especially after this first time at the track like you said. As for the 93 tune, I had it loaded a while ago with 93 octane, yet my truck didn't seem to like it at times actually felt a little slower than 91 tune, so I've just left it on 91 tune,Maybe i had a case of spark knock.
You really do need good fuel to run a 93 tune, nice to have 1 grade higher than your tune to prevent knock.

I have 94 octane available locally, and Data logged a few runs with my Diablo Trinity and I never see any LT Knock Retard, and only 0.5 degrees ST KR at the worst.
__________________

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-19-2013, 09:22 PM
CmRam's Avatar
CmRam CmRam is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Conroe, Texas
Age: 30
Posts: 81
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:52
CmRam will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRamHemi View Post
You really do need good fuel to run a 93 tune, nice to have 1 grade higher than your tune to prevent knock.

I have 94 octane available locally, and Data logged a few runs with my Diablo Trinity and I never see any LT Knock Retard, and only 0.5 degrees ST KR at the worst.
Ok, I'll have to check that out thanks for the info, ill post my times after my trip to the track this weekend
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-20-2013, 09:04 AM
compressor man's Avatar
compressor man compressor man is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Niagara Falls, Canada
Age: 42
Posts: 126
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Sport
Color: silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:11
compressor man is on a distinguished road
Default

In the Texas heat I doubt you will see mid 14's first time out, more like low 15's with no prep in the heat. Prepped maybe 14.9's, the heat kills these things.
__________________
FRI'D 2007 RAM SLT SPORT 4x4 in the 13's
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-21-2013, 02:21 PM
CmRam's Avatar
CmRam CmRam is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Conroe, Texas
Age: 30
Posts: 81
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:52
CmRam will become famous soon enough
Default

Got some crappy times using the sc for some quick testing at lunch break with a buddy in the truck too. 60 ft was 2.74, 1//8 mile was 10.16@76 and 1/4 mile was 15.73@92 was on just open road and it is in the high 90s but thought it would still be better than that
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-21-2013, 11:45 PM
S.C. Express S.C. Express is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: North Augusta S.C.
Age: 39
Posts: 1,017
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:63
S.C. Express will become famous soon enough
Default

^^That's about right for this weather. I feel like I lost 50 horses in the past two months. we get hot and humid but we are close to sea level in S.C. I have yet to take mine to a track, looking forward to it.
__________________
Jones MaxFlow 18" muffler swap, Green Performance drop in air filter..
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-24-2013, 06:06 PM
Chefalan23 Chefalan23 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Columbia sc
Age: 31
Posts: 54
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2009 ram rt
Trim Level: Rt
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:51
Chefalan23 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by compressor man View Post
In the Texas heat I doubt you will see mid 14's first time out, more like low 15's with no prep in the heat. Prepped maybe 14.9's, the heat kills these things.
This is true, hemi's get a little winded in the heat. Wait until the fall and take it on a nice cool 70* night.
__________________
09 r/t, Diablosport intune, Flowmaster super 10, $35 ghetto intake mod
Stock 4.10s and 2800 stall
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-24-2013, 10:06 PM
S.C. Express S.C. Express is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: North Augusta S.C.
Age: 39
Posts: 1,017
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:63
S.C. Express will become famous soon enough
Default

^ Yep, early spring and late fall my truck will bark 2nd with the t/c on. I wound out 1st and 2nd just the other day, it was depressing.
__________________
Jones MaxFlow 18" muffler swap, Green Performance drop in air filter..
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-25-2013, 01:29 AM
Clifford05's Avatar
Clifford05 Clifford05 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: NY
Age: 41
Posts: 85
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2005 Ram Pick Up
Trim Level: SLT Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:20
Clifford05 is on a distinguished road
Default

Ahhhh THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRamHemi View Post
Can you get 93 octane gas? If so, load up the 93 tune
Set your rev limiter to max, 6400 rpm on a Superchips tuner iirc
and start with your shift points for 1-2 around 6100 rpm, 2-3 at 5900.

To save a little weight make sure you only have a quarter tank of fuel, and remove your spare
(every hundred pounds of weight reduction will reduce your ET by a tenth.)

Should be good for low to mid 14's if you get a cool evening.
My best guess, 14.4's if you're new to the track , then you'll be back many times and hundreds of dollars later until you break into the 13's.

you'll bask in the glory of that elusive 13 slip for about a year once you get it, and you will be happy
...but if you're unfortunate like some of us, you'll get a craving for 12's eventually, and that will cost you thousands instead of just hundreds.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:52 AM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum