DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-27-2013, 12:47 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
DirtBoyz is on a distinguished road

I'm new to this where can you get custom tunes? Do you have to keep up with the data and change things every now and again? I ask this because I don't know a whole lot about the data that comes from these.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:36 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBoyz View Post
I'm new to this where can you get custom tunes? Do you have to keep up with the data and change things every now and again? I ask this because I don't know a whole lot about the data that comes from these.
You can go through us
Email or PM me
fastNugly@bullysperformance.com
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 06-27-2013, 08:13 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Blue&Tan two tone
Rep:44
Aina Ram is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You can go through Hemi Fever. I just did, never had a tuner before and don't know much about them but I did a lot of research and that who I went with and I am absolutely HAPPY with it!

They broke everything down for me so I could understand which wasn't easy but they did and even after I bought it He worked with me until I was completely satisfied.

Great support even after the sale which is a big + in my book
Old 06-27-2013, 09:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Grey
Rep:10
DirtBoyz is on a distinguished road

Ok thanks. And I'm guessing with a custom tune it would void your warranty just like a canned tune would?
Old 06-27-2013, 09:43 PM
Bully's Performance

fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Ok thanks. And I'm guessing with a custom tune it would void your warranty just like a canned tune would?
It will run off the same tuner (T1000)
But reverting back to stock before heading to the dealer should not void your warranty.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly@discountautoperformance View Post
It will run off the same tuner (T1000)
But reverting back to stock before heading to the dealer should not void your warranty.
Correct. I actually spoke to one of the mechanics at dodge and he said they cannot tell 100% surely if a truck has had a tuner. I suppose they might be able to see how many times its been flashed but staid they cannot go deep enough to tell 100% without a doubt and have proof a tuner has been installed.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Some say yes other say no, if you look at my last response I describe what a dealer mech has told me.

Custom tune would be better for the truck because really they are not all the same. That's why usually with a custom tune via hemifever or WhiteLightning will ask you to run the tune make a log and email it back so they can see how it's running in your personal truck so they can make a few tweaks if needed, correct small things that aren't optimal I guess you could say and then send it back to you corrected.

Very much worth the extra $$$ your already spending hundreds to tweak it for more power so why not have it as safe as possible and get the most out of it.

PS. The T1000 is $599 everywhere. Buy it Through HemiFever.... No tax, No shipping and he throws his custom tune in for FREE! You can't beat that!
Old 06-27-2013, 11:15 PM
Bully's Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aina Ram View Post
Correct. I actually spoke to one of the mechanics at dodge and he said they cannot tell 100% surely if a truck has had a tuner. I suppose they might be able to see how many times its been flashed but staid they cannot go deep enough to tell 100% without a doubt and have proof a tuner has been installed.
Correct!
All they can see and will see is the computer being flashed. But it will not tell them what caused it.

Quote:
Some say yes other say no, if you look at my last response I describe what a dealer mech has told me.

Custom tune would be better for the truck because really they are not all the same. That's why usually with a custom tune via hemifever or WhiteLightning will ask you to run the tune make a log and email it back so they can see how it's running in your personal truck so they can make a few tweaks if needed, correct small things that aren't optimal I guess you could say and then send it back to you corrected.

Very much worth the extra $$$ your already spending hundreds to tweak it for more power so why not have it as safe as possible and get the most out of it.

PS. The T1000 is $599 everywhere. Buy it Through HemiFever.... No tax, No shipping and he throws his custom tune in for FREE! You can't beat that!
$599 is a great deal.
We can certainly do the same and provide you a T1000 with WhiteLightning Engine Tune for $559.99 shipped and no tax as well
Old 06-27-2013, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly@discountautoperformance View Post
Correct!
All they can see and will see is the computer being flashed. But it will not tell them what caused it.

$599 is a great deal.
We can certainly do the same and provide you a T1000 with WhiteLightning Engine Tune for $559.99 shipped and no tax as well
Dang didn't know it was selling at $559.99. Also though hemifever includes his trans tune with it at no extra cost, if you guys can meet that even at $599.99 engine and trans you might bring yourself a substantial amounts more business as I've heard WL trans tunes are considered better by many as HemiFevers are on the engine tune side of things.

Find a way to combo hemi fever engine and WL trans tunes together in a T1000 package and I'm betting sales will jump.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:48 PM
Bully's Performance

Quote:
Dang didn't know it was selling at $559.99. Also though hemifever includes his trans tune with it at no extra cost, if you guys can meet that even at $599.99 engine and trans you might bring yourself a substantial amounts more business as I've heard WL trans tunes are considered better by many as HemiFevers are on the engine tune side of things.

Find a way to combo hemi fever engine and WL trans tunes together in a T1000 package and I'm betting sales will jump.
Thanks for the constructive idea.
Something we have been considering on doing.