DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-27-2013, 03:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Power Wagon
Trim Level: PW
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
shaneno is on a distinguished road
Default problems with HDD and bluetooth

I have the touch face stereo, CD/DVD/HDD/NAV/Camera etc... deck in my 2500 PW (730N??) It doesn't stream audio via Bluetooth for some reason and when downloading music onto it, it freezes with playback frequently! I have had the same problem's on a few of these decks (2010 jeep, 2011 1500) only had one changed out on warranty and the new one didn't work that great either. Has anyone else had the same issues? Because of these issues I was also wondering if anyone has put in an aftermarket deck that will do all of the same functions as this one will and still be able to use the back up camera, steering wheel controls, NAV etc... any answers would be appreciated!
Sponsored links
Old 06-27-2013, 04:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 dodge Ram Bighorn
Trim Level: big horn 4x4
Color: white
whiteknight312 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneno View Post
I have the touch face stereo, CD/DVD/HDD/NAV/Camera etc... deck in my 2500 PW (730N??) It doesn't stream audio via Bluetooth for some reason and when downloading music onto it, it freezes with playback frequently! I have had the same problem's on a few of these decks (2010 jeep, 2011 1500) only had one changed out on warranty and the new one didn't work that great either. Has anyone else had the same issues? Because of these issues I was also wondering if anyone has put in an aftermarket deck that will do all of the same functions as this one will and still be able to use the back up camera, steering wheel controls, NAV etc... any answers would be appreciated!
in my previous titan, I had a JVC with the ability to have steering wheel controls and satellite hookups. it was a module you get from JVC to operate the controls. it was like 100 bucks more. I opted not!

Ask Crutchfield. those guys are great to ask questons on this stuff.

Chris
Old 06-27-2013, 07:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Whiplash94 is on a distinguished road

Well unfortunately I don't have answers but can tell you I am frustrated as well with the bluetooth issues with these radios especially with iPhones (skipping and 3 second processing delay - sucks for kids watching movies on iphone with streaming audio). My iPhone works just fine in non-Chrysler vehicles so I think its a compatibility issue with iPhone/Uconnect module. Don't know which one is the true culprit. I noticed that people have a hard time understanding me sometimes with a bluetooth phone call as well. It's so bad that I have resorted to a separate headset.

Has anyone replaced the 430/730 radios? I too am curious what features you would lose.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

the Main difference between the 730n & 430n is

the 730n everything except the wiring & different cables, are contained within the radio itself

The 430n, 430, & 130s/RES radio all have an External module that connects into the radio
the 130/RES uses a different external module

If you took out your 730n & bought a 430n, you would also have to buy the External module $$$

the 730n, 430n, & 430 all work with the backup camera, it is displayed on the touch screen

if you have either of the 130 radios, you would need to buy a rear view mirror that displays the cameras imaging

730n can either be a RHR or RER high speed bus
430n is the RHB high speed bus
430 is the RBZ high speed bus
__________________________________________________ ______

Here are the 2009 - 2012 radios that went into the Rams
http://www.dodge.com/en/owners/quality/rer/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 06-27-2013 at 08:31 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Whiplash94 is on a distinguished road

Doing some digging and found this on Crutchfield's site for a Pioneer and Kenwood NAV Radio when used with the adapter:
------------------
-When this adapter is used to interface with the factory amplifier, you will not be able to fade your speakers front to rear.
-This upgraded factory adapter package allows you to retain all the factory options in your Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep vehicle, including steering wheel audio controls, vehicle entertainment system, and factory amplifier. This unit also provides data bus outputs such as retained accessory power, vehicle speed sensor, illumination, reverse trigger, and parking brake. This interface DOES NOT retain uConnect.
---------------

It doesn't say anything about the Backup Camera which would be a deal breaker.

I really wish UConnect worked better.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

is your Radio the 730 RHR ? the 3 letters are down by the AUX plug

for streaming music, are you plugged into the USB cable in your glove compartment ?

try an experiment with Uconnect
turn on the ignition, wait for the Bluetooth symbol to light up on the touch screen
make sure your Climate control fan is turned off
click the phone button on the radio or steering wheel
the radio screen should then have a menu appear
say the word DIAL, the radio voice will say something like, what is the number
then give the number & the radio will repeat it & ask if it is correct, reply yes or no
the radio will say Dialing
you should then be connected to that number
talk at your rear view mirror, the microphone is on the top of the mirror

if it doesn't work, either your cell phone was not PAIRED with the radio or your phones bluetooth is not set up quite right or you have something turned OFF or Down in the radios MENU hard key function

you can also check the radios bluetooth by going into the navigation mode
click the VR button
again the menu will come up
say NEW DESTINATION
the radio will ask a question
say New York or any other place
after answering all the questions, the map should route you
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 06-27-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Power Wagon
Trim Level: PW
shaneno is on a distinguished road

Yes it is the RHR. My Bluetooth works ok as far as phone calls except trying to dial by name my main issues are with the streaming of audio from my S3 phone and the stereo (which works just fine on the $250 alpine deck I put in my 01 ram) as well as playing downloaded music off of the HDD on the deck. Pretty sure that they upgraded there stereos on the 13 models (not sure if they work better?) but those models won't work in the 12's according to my dealership. It does work most of the time when connected thru the USB port but it sometimes takes a while to read it as well.