DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-27-2013, 09:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express Quad Cab
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:37
DWWHemiguy is on a distinguished road
Default Tuners and shifting question

A couple months ago I tried the BD tuner as some of you may know. I finally took it back and decided to wait a while to let all the bugs get worked out by BD or maybe go with Diablo. Anyway the main issue I've always had with my Ram is shifting. The truck shifts alright getting up to speed, but the problem for me is when cruising in overdrive it has poor throttle response. I mean when I just want to speed up a little I have to give it a lot of peddle then it kicks too hard. I need better throttle response. Drive by wire is probably the culprit. So I was wondering if a tuner is the only option. I've seen a few people mention better shifting at wot, but will a tuner fix the problem I described. I know I could just select 4th as my highest gear while driving around town, but I want to select 6th and just leave it be. Is there any way to achieve this without buying a tuner? Thanks.
Sponsored links
Old 06-28-2013, 12:48 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 HEMI
Trim Level: ST Express
Color: Bright White
Rep:71
Ezekielguy86 will become famous soon enough

After I got my DS intune and had Hemifever custom tune added too it that made a big difference on the in town shift. For me it pretty much stays in 4th gear around town then once above say 45-50 it gots up. Now with Bully you wont get custom tuning.

I also hear white lighting does really good transmission tuning but I have no experience yet with that.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekielguy86 View Post
After I got my DS intune and had Hemifever custom tune added too it that made a big difference on the in town shift. For me it pretty much stays in 4th gear around town then once above say 45-50 it gots up. Now with Bully you wont get custom tuning.

I also hear white lighting does really good transmission tuning but I have no experience yet with that.
Thanks. I may have to ride to Summit tomorrow and get one. I just hope Hemifever is easier to get with than BD. They seemed to have banker's hours.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:32 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Hemi express quad
Trim Level: ST express
Color: Grey
Rep:195
RAM EM has a spectacular aura aboutRAM EM has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWWHemiguy View Post
Thanks. I may have to ride to Summit tomorrow and get one. I just hope Hemifever is easier to get with than BD. They seemed to have banker's hours.
Order the tuner from Hemifever. It's the same price as Summit, and the custom tune is incuded, saves you $125. Hemifever's customer service is top notch.

-DS Trinity- Hemifever tuned - 18" Magnaflow - BT catch can - 180 Tstat - 22" SRT10's - 305/45 Nitto 420 - SG 2/4 drop - blacked out heads/tinted tails - dechromed/debadged - 20% tint-
Old 06-28-2013, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM EM View Post
Order the tuner from Hemifever. It's the same price as Summit, and the custom tune is incuded, saves you $125. Hemifever's customer service is top notch.
I would but i have a Summit card. It's the only credit card i have. Just don't have the dough to spend right now. As far as c.s. goes are their hours convenient? BD wasn't.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Laramie
Trim Level: laramie
Color: blue
Rep:10
lespaul24 is on a distinguished road

I hate to hijack this thread, but I have some tuner questions myself. I don't want to race or anything, but I want a tune that will be safe for my engine and tranny yet give me better shifting and response. I was wondering if I got a tuner and did the stock tune and cut MDS off if the stock tune from Diablo or BD is smoother than the Ram stock tune or if there is any difference at all? I like my truck but it does seem almost untuned (probably for economy reasons I'm sure). I hear a lot about the custom tunes from hemifever and I know I don't "need" a custom tune, but could they just write me a good solid custom tune that will improve drivability and shifting, eliminate any knock but not really change a lot as far as WOT performance? I know I'm a little long winded on this but any advice would be appreciated.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lespaul24 View Post
I hate to hijack this thread, but I have some tuner questions myself. I don't want to race or anything, but I want a tune that will be safe for my engine and tranny yet give me better shifting and response. I was wondering if I got a tuner and did the stock tune and cut MDS off if the stock tune from Diablo or BD is smoother than the Ram stock tune or if there is any difference at all? I like my truck but it does seem almost untuned (probably for economy reasons I'm sure). I hear a lot about the custom tunes from hemifever and I know I don't "need" a custom tune, but could they just write me a good solid custom tune that will improve drivability and shifting, eliminate any knock but not really change a lot as far as WOT performance? I know I'm a little long winded on this but any advice would be appreciated.
You just summed up exactly what I need from a tuner. Are you a guitarist? Sorry just asking because of your lespaul avatar.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:27 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

what part of ga you from
Old 06-29-2013, 12:28 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

if any of you guys want some tuner advice or my bad exp pm me
Old 06-29-2013, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgert View Post
what part of ga you from
About 3 miles south of Atlanta Motorspeedway.