DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-28-2013, 12:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: looking
Trim Level: N/A
Color: N/A
Rep:10
Jesse411 is on a distinguished road
Default Looking to Buy

Hello Folks,

Looking to get a truck to pull new boat that is getting built. Boat weighs around 10,000 lbs so leaning to the 3500 dually. Looked at it and it is a real nice looking truck. I like the inside as well, and drives nice. My only issue is reliability. I have been out of the truck world for years, been driving Lexus 470, and mercedes cars. Had ZERO problems with both cars. Lexus is 125k miles and an 03, mercedes is 07. It seems to me the US truck market is still have reliability issues after all these years. I see ram has tail light recall or Ford engines. They just go back and forth (the 3 big guys) saying look how much we tow, but not reliable. Even on the new ram 3500, when I unlock doors it sounds loud, My Lexus 10yrs old, much quieter. If Toyota and Lexus or even Honda made larger trucks, to haul like these guys, Ford 250/350 etc would be gone, but I think govt keeps them out since a HUGE money maker for those 3. My Ram if bought fully loaded would be MSRP at 66k!!!! Would pay way less but even here they use Sprint 3G in Nav system, Come on, why cant they do anything right or be a leader always the cheapest route.

And why do they have to have big letters on side saying RAM or 1500, eco boost Ram Truck. My Lexus doesn't say anything,

Thanks guys
Sponsored links
Old 06-28-2013, 06:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:365
Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice

Is there a question in there somewhere? You come on a Dodge site looking for a recommendation for a truck???????? I had a 04 Dodge Cummins that did a good job pulling my 7k boat. Never had any real problems however it was the old engine not the 6.7.
Jay
Old 06-28-2013, 09:52 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

gy the time you add the trailer motor and fuel you will be over 10000 lbs. not sure you need a dually. a 3500 cumins would be great, but 2500 hemi would be fine. you can take the badges off.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 1500
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3248
PaulMys has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse411 View Post
Hello Folks,

Looking to get a truck to pull new boat that is getting built. Boat weighs around 10,000 lbs so leaning to the 3500 dually. Looked at it and it is a real nice looking truck. I like the inside as well, and drives nice. My only issue is reliability. I have been out of the truck world for years, been driving Lexus 470, and mercedes cars. Had ZERO problems with both cars. Lexus is 125k miles and an 03, mercedes is 07. It seems to me the US truck market is still have reliability issues after all these years. I see ram has tail light recall or Ford engines. They just go back and forth (the 3 big guys) saying look how much we tow, but not reliable. Even on the new ram 3500, when I unlock doors it sounds loud, My Lexus 10yrs old, much quieter. If Toyota and Lexus or even Honda made larger trucks, to haul like these guys, Ford 250/350 etc would be gone, but I think govt keeps them out since a HUGE money maker for those 3. My Ram if bought fully loaded would be MSRP at 66k!!!! Would pay way less but even here they use Sprint 3G in Nav system, Come on, why cant they do anything right or be a leader always the cheapest route.

And why do they have to have big letters on side saying RAM or 1500, eco boost Ram Truck. My Lexus doesn't say anything,

Thanks guys
?????????? Please tell me this a joke.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:07 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4x4 CC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: True Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:133
fudrock will become famous soon enoughfudrock will become famous soon enough

This has to be a troll.

Loud door unlock? lmao
4" BDS Lift Kit w/ 3" Rear Coil Springs and Fox Shocks - Bilstein 5100 Shocks @ 2.1 - 20x9 XD Badlands -12 Offset - 35X12.50 Mickey Thompson ATZ - WeatherTec Digitalfit Floor Mats Front and Back - Bakflip VP - 18" Magnaflow Exhaust - Debadged - Smittybilt/NFAB Stainless Nerf Bars - - Bully Dog GT - 2013 OE Projectors - Cabin Air Filter