DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-29-2013, 05:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Damaged rams

I decided to start a Thread about damaged Rams, PIX & discussion ???

Last year i took my annual cross country vacation, San Diego to Toronto & then to Connecticut & then back to San Diego

during that drive, my windshield was struck by a small rock & was chipped near Midland Tx. heading East

Then i was driving through a highway construction area going West through either Kentucky, Tennessee, or Arkansas, i came into contact with some kind of asphalt emulsion, i didn't see it right away & it did quite a bit of damage to my paint

After i returned back home & had taken my Ram to get an appointment to get the paint job fixed, i was trying to fit into my parking spot, my neighbor was parked differently then normal & had taken up a little bit of my area. As i was jockeying into my space, going back & forth several times & cranking on the steering wheel. My foot slipped off the brake pedal ...
don't worry, the Olive Tree is still alive, just my rear bumper shell & tailgate are deceased

this is my parking space, you can see the olive tree & this is the way my neighbor usually parks, except for that one day

this same emulsion was on both front fenders, the hood, some on both front doors & along the roof line above the doors

I paid for the repair out of my pocket, instead of going through my insurance, when a Million dollar policy has a claim against it, the rate increase is ridiculous
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 06-29-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 06-29-2013, 09:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

Nice thread idea my friend!

wish I took pictures of my damage on my old second Gen. my story is also a whoops on my end.

after a long 12hr mid shift when I was in the airforce, my buddy needed help picking up new bed for his dorm room. after leaving the parking lot, he realized he forgot the paper with directions to the store, so I backed up to turn around.... RIGHT into a fire hydrant. smashed in the rear bumper good.

it gets better.

because of my lift, I hooked myself on the hydrant. couldn't pull off it. so I kicked it into 4 low and gave her all the gas she ever craved. with the truck free, I took another look at the damage. pulling off, I pulled the rear bumper out badly, almost bending it into a 90 degree angle. after filing the report on base with the on duty shift (the unit that took the report was the one who relieved me earlier that morning lol) I snagged his new bed and left to repair the truck.

ended up locating a solid pole and ramming the bumper back into a semi normal location. a few days later I unbolted the bumper and scrapped it. many of you will remember the truck without it's rear bumper, and I think I even favored it that way LOL.

Last edited by double0ram; 06-29-2013 at 09:34 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:05 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Oh man that is one nasty olive tree!! LOL....

I guess it's better to do it yourself, then find out that someone else did it to your truck.

Double0ram, I just saw a hitch accessory like your's the other day and was wondering how you hooked it up?

Did you just use the trailer adaptor or did you do a hard wire job?

If you used the trailer adapter, is there any issues of having that plugged in all the time?
Old 06-30-2013, 01:19 AM

double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

it was originally the four prong typical wiring for trailers, and I had no issues with it. it was a dual stage light, so it would light up with my lights, then would bright when I brake. ran for 6 months with no issues. ended up board one night and lopped the plug off, and hard wired it to light with my lights, and then blink with my turn signals. I even sanded it down and tinted it with night shade later on, with great results.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:24 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the reply.

I think I may pick one up and run it through the plug for a while. If I like it then I can look at hardwiring it......or at least having someone do it for me! LOL......
Old 06-30-2013, 01:40 AM

definitely! they sure look good to me.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:46 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: SLT Lonestar Edition
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:257
HemiLonestar is a jewel in the roughHemiLonestar is a jewel in the roughHemiLonestar is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to HemiLonestar Send a message via MSN to HemiLonestar Send a message via Yahoo to HemiLonestar

This was 5 years ago in Long Island. Guy claimed he didn't see me as he ran into me...

Hard to tell from the pics (I have a thread elsewhere) so I didn't repost them, but some dickhead keyed my truck last year from rear wheel well to headlight in the 15-20 min I was in the grocery store.

"Big Red"
2003 Ram 1500 QC Hemi Lonestar Edition (Mods list in profile)
2006 Charger R/T
Sarcasm - it beats killing people
Old 06-30-2013, 05:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

WOW, it is not like tour RED RAM was Matt Black in color & you were hiding in a alley somewhere

bet it took a lot of buffing to take that damage out
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 06-30-2013, 12:13 PM
Help cure Paulzheimer's

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Cloaking
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1761
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

Yeah, uhm, MAYBE if it had a camo wrap the whole I didn't see it line...so I have to side with GTY on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiLonestar View Post
This was 5 years ago in Long Island. Guy claimed he didn't see me as he ran into me...

Hard to tell from the pics (I have a thread elsewhere) so I didn't repost them, but some dickhead keyed my truck last year from rear wheel well to headlight in the 15-20 min I was in the grocery store.
Speaking of GYyankee...explain to me again just HOW MUCH jockeying you had to do to get it in the garage?!?

DISCLAIMER
If you are offended easily don't click on my screen name
Old 06-30-2013, 12:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PRP Deep Cherry Red
Rep:75
CherryRam will become famous soon enough

I had a tow truck back into the side of my bright yellow sunfire during the day and he also claimed he didn't see me. I flipped and said seriously buddy do I need an amber flashing light on it how could you not see it?!

But my Ram unfortunately had it's first hit a month ago. It was 1 in the morning and pouring rain, was driving a couple friends home and as I needed my right lane for the next turn I did the usual shoulder and mirror check and moved over. Not realizing a cab driver was hiding in my blind spot right next to my box. Now the accident could have been avoided had he when seeing me coming over hit the brakes. But no why would a cab driver try to avoid an accident? No this guy hit the gas in attempt to keep me out of his lane and in front of me. My friend called out CAB! at the last second and just as I realized and tried to steer away it was too late and we tagged fenders. Because he was speeding up he ended up catching my headlight with his mirror and ripping it right out. Insurance called it 50/50 fault but that still puts fault on my insurance as well as his so I had to pay for the cabs damage and my own truck out of pocket just to not have to pay double premium for the next 6 years. I'm hurting financially for the next while though

12' Ram 1500 Sport ~Moe's 87mm Throttle Body~Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust~Diablo Trinity Tuner~Vararam Intake~Custom Retro'd Headlights~And Plenty of Other Mods~
03' Acura RSX-S
07' Suzuki GSXR 750