DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases

Notices

Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases News regarding the Dodge Ram and other industry info. Post it here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-30-2013, 05:35 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: sold* 10' R/T... 13' R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:142
autobred will become famous soon enoughautobred will become famous soon enough

whole lot of aliens here I friggin guarantee it I'll go out on a limb and say 90% of the people here either has a Nissan, civic, Hyundai, Volvo, chevy etc etc etc etc parked beside their Ram in the garage
member here.. that designs, tests, builds, turbo kits, trannys for gen 4 trucks. Now ask me what's his prefered brand badazz dualie that sits beside his BADAZZ Ram truck, just sayin. And his classic 72' truck that sits on his lift waiting to have Nascar takeoff parts to be bolted on to..just sayin. Peace gents, Life is too short to argue about the fun stuff ;-) when its pretty fcukin CLeAR that EVERY brand suffers some

Last edited by autobred; 06-30-2013 at 06:17 AM.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:24 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobred View Post
whole lot of aliens here I friggin guarantee it I'll go out on a limb and say 90% of the people here either has a Nissan, civic, Hyundai, Volvo, chevy etc etc etc etc parked beside their Ram in the garage .........
I am proud to one of the 10%. My garage is too small for the wife to park her Escape beside the Ram.

IMO this 'Tremor' announcement is great news. As long as the manufacturers continue to compete in the sport truck class, we the truck buyers continue to have great offerings to choose from.

If the Tremor turns out to be all that it is hyped to be, then the Ram boys just may have to respond with something that turns the table back in our direction......like a 392 in the Ram.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 06-30-2013, 01:05 PM

that's ok, angie traded her 2000 jeep grand Cherokee in for a 2005 Toyota 4 runner that just simply WONT DIE! Im gassing for her to get back in to possibly a cpo srt jeep. I do have to disagree with you on this Tremor elevating Ram to turn the wick up.
This Tremor
1. is an exact engine/drivetrain offered in other models
2. its shoe horned into a rcsb
3. they put 4.10 Rear on it
4. console shifter, bucket seats
sounds familiar yet?
IMHO this Tremor is out to take on the R/T directly. Something Dodge has been doing for well over 5 years. If anything Ford is just playing catchup imho. NOw with all the crosstalk/misinformation/hate/overinflation I gotta admit this thread is starting to smell and reek of DEMOCRAT
Old 06-30-2013, 01:31 PM

Vehicle: 2010 4.7l v8 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:160
Astartes has a spectacular aura aboutAstartes has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
whole lot of aliens here I friggin guarantee it I'll go out on a limb and say 90% of the people here either has a Nissan, civic, Hyundai, Volvo, chevy etc etc etc etc parked beside their Ram in the garage
member here.. that designs, tests, builds, turbo kits, trannys for gen 4 trucks. Now ask me what's his prefered brand badazz dualie that sits beside his BADAZZ Ram truck, just sayin. And his classic 72' truck that sits on his lift waiting to have Nascar takeoff parts to be bolted on to..just sayin. Peace gents, Life is too short to argue about the fun stuff ;-) when its pretty fcukin CLeAR that EVERY brand suffers some
i wont even lie, my other vehicle is a mustang GT lol.
Greater love has no one than this, that a man lay down his life for his brothers. -John 15:13

My Mods
Old 06-30-2013, 05:38 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram SRT 10
Trim Level: SRT-10 Nightrunner
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:26
Canviper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
that's ok, angie traded her 2000 jeep grand Cherokee in for a 2005 Toyota 4 runner that just simply WONT DIE! Im gassing for her to get back in to possibly a cpo srt jeep. I do have to disagree with you on this Tremor elevating Ram to turn the wick up.
This Tremor
1. is an exact engine/drivetrain offered in other models
2. its shoe horned into a rcsb
3. they put 4.10 Rear on it
4. console shifter, bucket seats
sounds familiar yet?
IMHO this Tremor is out to take on the R/T directly. Something Dodge has been doing for well over 5 years. If anything Ford is just playing catchup imho. NOw with all the crosstalk/misinformation/hate/overinflation I gotta admit this thread is starting to smell and reek of DEMOCRAT
I totally agree that Ford is playing catch up to the R/T. I think it's wishful thinking that Dodge will answer back with any HP. But it would be nice if they did.
NIGHTRUNNER #167/#400 MODS: K&N CAI, BBK TB, BORLA EXHAUST catless, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, SCT TUNED By Chris Jensen. My album is finally up come check out some pics.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Blue
Rep:10
truthman is on a distinguished road

I agree, ford is playing catch-up, and they have a lot of that to do. Ram is the only truck you can buy right now with almost 400 horses for under 30k (IE The Express). An engine with that much horsepower is a very good base. Not to mention that Dodge has been building sport trucks for well over 20 years.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canviper View Post
I totally agree that Ford is playing catch up to the R/T. I think it's wishful thinking that Dodge will answer back with any HP. But it would be nice if they did.
Though the 392 engine would be badazz in the Ram, its definitely gonna price me out. It would be just another repeat and expensive one for what the gen 4 guys are dealing now with the vvt imho. Pretty much destined for boost. Id be happy with just the ole 6.1 SRT motor if it keeps costs down for the average Joe. Being able to shove a lumpy cam in her like an Spartan Max..something to be said about that
Wait till they release the chevy 6.2 or if they haven't already. Old technology that gets that kind of mileage, got me confused that's for damn sure. I can imagine them boys shoving cams all day long, and I gotta look and listen to this shit everytime I go to the track... Yup 6.1 for us average folk and keep the prices the same dammit! If any, it will be GM forcing Dodge to make a move, not Ford imo

Last edited by autobred; 06-30-2013 at 09:02 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:07 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:632
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

on paper, the gmc 6.2 looks pretty good.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:45 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie 8spd Hemi
Color: Prairie Pearl
Rep:10
staples is on a distinguished road

It still seems to defeat the purpose of buying a truck...
Old 07-13-2013, 05:00 PM

Vehicle: 2007 dodge power wagon
Trim Level: power wagon
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:68
mb power wagon will become famous soon enough

ok i'm kinda confused maybe someone can enlighten me. doesn't the dodge pentastar v6 already have over 300 hp in a ram now? is the ecoboost ford's competition for the pentastar? i have the truck that the raptor tried to compete with. kind of. i have the power wagon and i think ford went the other direction than dodge did with the power wagon. the raptor was more of a desert truck and the power wagon more of a crawling bush truck. that being said i think the tremor is just ford trying to catch a corner of the market that nobody else has yet. the tuner car crowd. you know the ones. they guys that have the huge fartcans coming out the back of a compact car with a huge spoiler like the one off a 69 daytona superbird, neon lights underneath and 22 inch rims with rubberbands for tires. it looks to me like ford is goin after the tuner crowd with a truck. but isn't dodge kind of doin the same with the pentastar? i may be wrong and i'm not trying to offend anyone here. if i am right and the pentastar is the ecoboost competition than dodge may be lacking by not doing a sport tuner truck with the pentastar to directly compete with the tremor.