DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-30-2013, 04:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 ram 1500
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
robzram is on a distinguished road
Default Chrome..and grill..and more

So, I feel like all vehicle manufacturers are stuck in the 50's...Theres chrome everywhere!!! My ram has the grill, door handles, and both bumpers and I absolutely LOATHE that fact. My dads 2500 ram has a flippin chrome trim ring on his center console that reflects in his eyes and blinds the crap outa him. Regardless, I do have some legitimate questions that a new ram owner as myself needs to know...went from having an 04 wrangler tj..that I loved dearly to the ram...towing purposes.

So questions are:
Grill..to start. Ive read the 2012 and older grills are 1" shorter on the height. Therefor 13's cannot and 12's are completely different..anyone confirm this?
Also, I want the sport or even slt front and rear bumpers...the rear im not to concerned with fitment but the front I am slightely concerned with. It looks different underneath and, like the inner splash guards are different. Granted I haven't looked terribly hard.
So Im having trouble finding after market 2013 or even OEM grills. And according to the dealer, a new primed grille unpainted in $730!!! For a chunk of formed plastic. Anybody know of OEM style grills painted or not for sale? Where to buy? Anyone wanna trade Grills!?!? Lookin for black!
And finally door handles..how would I even go about taking these off?!?! ive never messed with door handles especially on new vehicles. OR a way to remove and strip the foe-chrome on the handle? Any suggestions or help are great! Thanks in advance!
Old 06-30-2013, 08:42 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Rep:35
Zixxer is on a distinguished road

Grill is different on 13 - I bought an Unpainted grill with black honeycomb inserts for my sport - $274 on eBay - you could just have yours painted. There are no prepainted grills so you would have to get the non chrome version painted anyways.

Sport front bumper has a different setup but many have swapped. Do a search and I think you'll see a parts list. Get ready for sticker shock. Rear is the same, just have your chrome painted or get a painted one local.

No experience on door handles.

I got rid of a Longhorn to move back to the sport because of all the chrome :-)
Old 07-01-2013, 12:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 ram 1500
Trim Level: Bighorn
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
robzram is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info! I have looked around for 2013 body parts and haven't had good luck. The other problem I run into is almost all the grill selections on ebay say 11-13 which is worrisome..And I refuse to pay dealer pricing. Crooks. Told me doing a leveling kit would void my whole vehicle warranty...Ha
Old 07-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport 1500 True Blue
Rep:91
nikeman will become famous soon enough

I thought the chrome door handles were just a sticker or plastic cap? I see a lot of people who add those to there ram but maybe its different when done after market although they are mopar parts.