DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-05-2013, 06:33 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:120
ironchef2011 will become famous soon enoughironchef2011 will become famous soon enough

Never said I didn't drive fast gentlemen! But there's different styles of fast driving and my is not drag. I am absolutely hooked on off throttle massive torque that lets me just pour on the power going out of a turn, or when merging, or at Limerock with its many bends. And yes, you can all mock me now but I use my R/T in both local Solo II slalom and at Limerock track days.

Why the 392? I'm not a fan of supercharger whine nor adding FI to a motor that is not built for it. I'd love to do a turbo but again, I'd want a motor built for it first. So after research, here sat a brand new crate motor 2012 392 for a Challenger with warranty at a price that made it competitive with all other power options. My entire exhaust and headers were a carry over as was my intake manifold with the 392 injectors instead. Forged crank, piston oil squirters, big valve head, no MDS, water cooled oil and all of it able to be controlled by my stock ECU with some magic from Sean. But if you really want to know why, come on by and take her for a spin. I promise you she does not just sit in the garage!
Old 07-05-2013, 09:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Grey
Rep:29
xtreme is on a distinguished road

So I just installed my 93 Octane Hemifever tune. I have only drove about 20 miles. The engine feels like there is more there opposed to the WL Tune. I also noticed that I no longer get the really hard shift at lower speeds, but it hits just as good whn I'm getting on it. I have to do some data logging this weekend so Sean can do some tweaking for me!! So far I'm impressed.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:09 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef2011 View Post
Never said I didn't drive fast gentlemen! But there's different styles of fast driving and my is not drag. I am absolutely hooked on off throttle massive torque that lets me just pour on the power going out of a turn, or when merging, or at Limerock with its many bends. And yes, you can all mock me now but I use my R/T in both local Solo II slalom and at Limerock track days.

Why the 392? I'm not a fan of supercharger whine nor adding FI to a motor that is not built for it. I'd love to do a turbo but again, I'd want a motor built for it first. So after research, here sat a brand new crate motor 2012 392 for a Challenger with warranty at a price that made it competitive with all other power options. My entire exhaust and headers were a carry over as was my intake manifold with the 392 injectors instead. Forged crank, piston oil squirters, big valve head, no MDS, water cooled oil and all of it able to be controlled by my stock ECU with some magic from Sean. But if you really want to know why, come on by and take her for a spin. I promise you she does not just sit in the garage!

Lol all good man and if i still lived in nj id gladly go for a ride you installing yourself or having a shop do it really looking forward to this build. And who would laugh at you for wanting to hit turns ahard or run solums in it hell i ran an autocross and had a blast.

And also ran the tail of the dragon 318 turns in 11 miles

so im all for what your doing brother
Old 07-05-2013, 01:12 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
"It is the highest form of self-respect to admit our errors and mistakes and make amends for them...... To make a mistake is only an error in judgement, but to adhere to it when it is discovered shows infirmity of character." Dale Turner - American singer-songwriter, rock musician, and multi-instrumentalist/record producer.

For that very reason there in bold, White Lightning has lost all credibility with me.

No because his tune may have damaged your transmission [or may not have], but because he completely ignored your communication efforts after the fact when all you were after was simply an explaination or some sorts.

That simple ignorance on his behalf taints his reputation and his product.... as it righfully should! It only takes one time to one person, IMHO.....

If you're going to put your name behind a product, any product, then your reputation also shadows the very same product. If you can't back either, then you and your product ain't worth a squirt of monkey's piss with me.

That's just plain chicken shit!

We all screw up in some form or fashion; just be a man and stand up to your mistakes.

Thanks for posting.

Grub out.
Love it man great post and i agree we all screw up just admit it then try to figure out what happened so you dont do it to others
Old 07-05-2013, 02:40 PM

Vehicle: 2009 RAM CC Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Sunburst Orange Pearl
Rep:15
BlownGP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef2011 View Post

I hear ya man.. Just giving you crap!!!!!

I do have a supercharged car sitting in the garage.
But I planned it that way a long time ago..
Old 07-05-2013, 04:32 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:514
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Yikes, it takes a very brave man to admit he blew a tranny ,

So No thanks,

Canned tunes only on my 4G Hemi going on 4 years now
Hard driving on and off track with a 3000 stall TC and 6400 shift points.

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 07-06-2013 at 12:06 AM.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:47 PM

Vehicle: 2012 RAM Sport CC 4x4
Rep:623
bighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to all

People need to stop asking WL to push the limits of the trans, then they wont blow up........
Old 07-05-2013, 06:08 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Sport
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:111
TheBlackHemi will become famous soon enoughTheBlackHemi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighemi04 View Post
People need to stop asking WL to push the limits of the trans, then they wont blow up........
I guess we have a WL fan boy defending his man......

You really think I told him to push the limits of my trans to the brink, get real. He was obviously experimenting with me but he didn't know the limits. That's what separates a good tuner for one that just does it in his spare time.....Sean (full time tuner) Dave (part time tuner).

I highly doubt Dodgert was asking for anything aggressive since he was just now trying to get his Hemi fast. Me on the other hand I was looking for more and trying to get my crew cab deep in the 13s all motor/ 12s on nitrous but went to the wrong place to get it. I should have stuck with Sean as it was big mistake looking back at it and I shouldn't have never responded back to Dave last Dec/Jan when he first contacted me.

What's done has been done and IMO 13s/12s isn't all that fast lol. Especially when running low 12s with just a tune / off road h-pipe in the stang.....soon to bypass the 11s and go straight into the 10s.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:29 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3872
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighemi04 View Post
I enjoy reading much of your contributions here and you're a respected member IMO, HOWEVER that's just an absurd remark.

I'm thinking it was a tongue-in-cheek remark.....

Grub out!
Old 07-05-2013, 07:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Flame Red
Rep:12
bordovskyj is on a distinguished road

Im running a hemifever tune with tranny adjustments and haven't had any issues, interesting read though.