DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-05-2013, 11:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 5.7L Hemi
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:34
muddy53 is on a distinguished road
Default Nice Setup

Sounds like a hot setup. Would like to hear more about it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef2011 View Post
Never said I didn't drive fast gentlemen! But there's different styles of fast driving and my is not drag. I am absolutely hooked on off throttle massive torque that lets me just pour on the power going out of a turn, or when merging, or at Limerock with its many bends. And yes, you can all mock me now but I use my R/T in both local Solo II slalom and at Limerock track days.

Why the 392? I'm not a fan of supercharger whine nor adding FI to a motor that is not built for it. I'd love to do a turbo but again, I'd want a motor built for it first. So after research, here sat a brand new crate motor 2012 392 for a Challenger with warranty at a price that made it competitive with all other power options. My entire exhaust and headers were a carry over as was my intake manifold with the 392 injectors instead. Forged crank, piston oil squirters, big valve head, no MDS, water cooled oil and all of it able to be controlled by my stock ECU with some magic from Sean. But if you really want to know why, come on by and take her for a spin. I promise you she does not just sit in the garage!
Old 07-06-2013, 01:47 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighemi04 View Post
People need to stop asking WL to push the limits of the trans, then they wont blow up........
i asked for a normal tranny tune a bit aggressive never asked him to push shit but to turn around and acuse me of loading the wrong tune when he told me what to load and how to load it ya my fault Funny thing is he would answer every email every call then i tell him my tranny fried and he stops returning my calls ignoring my emails thats just a bad way to do business.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:19 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Grey
Rep:29
xtreme is on a distinguished road

I just ordered my tune from Sean on the 3rd he had my tune to me by the 4th and the longest I have waited for a email esponse is 45 minutes. He also offered for me to send him my logs and he will make changes. His customer service is the best I have seen in years. From now on I'm running hemifever all the way!!!!!
Old 07-06-2013, 08:38 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Rep:120
ironchef2011 will become famous soon enoughironchef2011 will become famous soon enough

There is no doubt the man is rock solid at tuning.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:13 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme View Post
I just ordered my tune from Sean on the 3rd he had my tune to me by the 4th and the longest I have waited for a email esponse is 45 minutes. He also offered for me to send him my logs and he will make changes. His customer service is the best I have seen in years. From now on I'm running hemifever all the way!!!!!
Amen to that 100%
Old 07-06-2013, 02:34 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Sport
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:111
TheBlackHemi will become famous soon enoughTheBlackHemi will become famous soon enough

Without a doubt Sean (HF) is the man on the Dodge/Chrysler platform and he still continues to impress me with his customer service being how many he has.

At Blackramhemi I would recommend at least looking into Hemifever's tuning. Canned tunes are ok but they are still not matched to your vehicle. It's just like buy a suit off the rack vs having one tailor made for you. Trust me I never had any issues running his tunes and made drive-ability with a TC with a 3000 stall drive like stock. Hell we have identical 1/4 mile times but mine's a CC vs your RC. I know DA plays a big role into the equation but it was still a 2000 DA when I made my pass. Till this day I'm the only bolt-on CC ever to break into the 13s and Hemifever is credited for putting a BA tune together for me.

Last edited by TheBlackHemi; 07-06-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:25 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:514
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackHemi View Post
Without a doubt Sean (HF) is the man on the Dodge/Chrysler platform and he still continues to impress me with his customer service being how many he has.

At Blackramhemi I would recommend at least looking into Hemifever's tuning. Canned tunes are ok but they are still not matched to your vehicle. It's just like buy a suit off the rack vs having one tailor made for you. Trust me I never had any issues running his tunes and made drive-ability with a TC with a 3000 stall drive like stock. Hell we have identical 1/4 mile times but mine's a CC vs your RC. I know DA plays a big role into the equation but it was still a 2000 DA when I made my pass. Till this day I'm the only bolt-on CC ever to break into the 13s and Hemifever is credited for putting a BA tune together for me.
My RC is a 4x4, weighs almost as much as a 2WD CC, and only has 3.55 gears at 2500' DA
ever run your numbers through DragTimes DA converter? (mine: 13.4/102)

BTW, biggest difference between my Ram and Yours,
Mine still on the original transmission halfway into its Fourth Race season.

My CMR had me on his dyno already for a custom tune and he said it was near perfect, just tweaked the fuel trims at the top end and called her done for $125 (4 pulls)

Hemi Fever wont do me any good as I wont be running NA much longer, (1-2 weeks)
I already have custom supercharger tune from Ripp installed on my Trinity that MGH is doing the Custom Trans tuning for because I'm installing his custom built trans (500+HP/TQ) next week.

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 07-06-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:49 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:42
Piston Slap is on a distinguished road

Interesting read. Not at all surprising.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:39 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Sport
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:111
TheBlackHemi will become famous soon enoughTheBlackHemi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRamHemi View Post
My RC is a 4x4, weighs almost as much as a 2WD CC, and only has 3.55 gears at 2500' DA
ever run your numbers through DragTimes DA converter? (mine: 13.4/102)

BTW, biggest difference between my Ram and Yours,
Mine still on the original transmission halfway into its Fourth Race season.

My CMR had me on his dyno already for a custom tune and he said it was near perfect, just tweaked the fuel trims at the top end and called her done for $125 (4 pulls)

Hemi Fever wont do me any good as I wont be running NA much longer, (1-2 weeks)
I already have custom supercharger tune from Ripp installed on my Trinity that MGH is doing the Custom Trans tuning for because I'm installing his custom built trans (500+HP/TQ) next week.
Mine would be going strong too but I let WL get ahold of my truck lol......

Don't know what mine would have been converted too but I made a 13sec pass on my first ever 1/4 run (so launch was far from being dialed in). That's also with not being able to shift past 5800-5900rpm and bouncing of the rev limiter on my 2-3 shift.....that's still something diablo hasn't fixed for us 2011s and up.

I also tried a different launch technique than what I always done on the street/ 1/8 mile track. Matt from Moes was telling me to stall it up to 1500rpm smoothly/in-sequence with the launch while we were at the track that night. I should have left off of idle because I felt I started to pull timing killing power (like discussed on these forums plenty of times). So who knows what I actually could have put down if everything mentioned was fixed/done right.

I know 4wd adds weight but don't you use the 4wd to your advantage for grip/launch? GreyChevy ran a 13.3 in his RC 4wd hemi so IMO high 13s in a RC 4wd or not is not that impressive as a CC doing it. No disrespect and not belittling your accomplishments with your N/A hemi but There are plenty RC in the 13s but only 1 CC. I'm not making this a pissing contest by any means, just stating facts.

Besides it's not like I can rise the bar for the CC because when the tranny dumped I had a fire sale on all my performance parts. Now I'm back to stock and actually hate driving my truck now after comparing to what it was to what it is now. ......Oh well I have another vehicle now to fill my need for speed, going from a 13sec street driven vehicle to a 10sec one isn't all that bad.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:42 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3872
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

For a minute there I thought you were quoting yourself and then answering yourself.....

Grub out!