DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Warranty Issues

Notices

Dodge Ram Warranty Issues Discuss your Dodge Ram Warranty in this forum.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-29-2013, 03:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 4.7l v8 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:160
Astartes has a spectacular aura aboutAstartes has a spectacular aura about

Rule #1 Trust no one, especially dealerships, ESPECIALLY CHRYSLER. While I love my dodge ram i am sorry i can't trust them. I do my own oil changes, anyway.
Greater love has no one than this, that a man lay down his life for his brothers. -John 15:13

My Mods
Old 06-29-2013, 04:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

All that i will say is
before your Factory Warranty expires
check out the Extended Warranties from Chrysler

I went with the Lifetime Maximum Care Warranty
only wear parts, plastic & i think glass are not covered
http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 06-29-2013, 04:54 PM

Vehicle: '12 ram 3500
Trim Level: laramie limited
Color: mineral grey
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:29
scrappy is on a distinguished road

OP, did you pay for it? (the warranty forever)
if YES get your money back!
if NO then suck it up and get a REAL warranty if you want it protected longer than the Mopar warranty!!
Old 06-29-2013, 05:29 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

i have the ext warranty on my truck and love it in fact the are redoing my tranny now for free
Old 06-29-2013, 07:51 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:360
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

Ramtech is dead on. There is a difference between Chrysler backed and dealer sold. Dealer sold does not automatically = Chrysler backed!!! I guarantee you that every single Chrysler dealership (along with most every other brand dealership) sells some type of third party warranty. Do your homework and know what you are getting. I have done a ton of research on third party warranty companies and can confidently say that the vast majority, if not all of them, are out there to screw you over and take your money.

And to whomever said to not trust dealerships or Chrysler....that's your call but getting screwed by a third party warrant company is NOT the fault of the dealership or Chrysler. Chrysler does not even have anything to do with it. Yes, the dealership sells it and makes money off of it but that's the extent of their involvement as well. They aren't responsible for the third party warranty companies being such douchebags. Even though they are probably aware of it. It's still your responsibility to read what you are signing and do your homework on the company you are purchasing the warranty from. I fell for a third party warranty once (to the tune of $1650) but thankfully thought better of it afterward and did some research in time to see what I had gotten into and get most of my money back.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Power Wagon
Trim Level: SLT
Rep:256
battlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamTech View Post
I see these companies laying the pipe to customers on a daily basis because they either won't cover a particular failed component, use the cheapest parts they can find or take someones coverage away as they did in this case. They frequently use junkyard components such as engines, transmissions, transfer cases and rear ends. Many of them won't pay for needed fluids when something is repaired or replaced ($5 a quart multiplied by 14 quarts of ATF+4 adds up). Several times I have put in a transmission or rear end only to discover the junkyard part they sent was just that - JUNK. The most recent customer wound up waiting over 2 weeks to get his truck back for just this reason. Replacing the needed parts under a Chrysler service contract would have taken 2-3 days max.

I agree with all of your statement except the final sentence. I have had several repairs under Chrysler warranty and never once has it been done in 2-3 days. I am on week three waiting for a replacement shock right now ( I know, small, but still covered). My fuel line that was leaking took 4 weeks to show up and lets not even talk about unit bearings (hence why I switched to manual hubs).
Old 07-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Express
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Rep:92
Graygoose will become famous soon enough

If you purchased this added coverage? Our local Ram dealer had "engines and trannies for life", but you had to go there, and pay for all the added things, like rotation, rearend fluid changes, etc on their schedule...so I declined, just bought the extended warranty on the truck for 100,000 miles, unlimited time. Almost 18 months now and have 10,000 miles on her...

2011 White Ram Express, KMC Slides, Nitto 420s 22's,Extang Trifecta, GF leveling kit, KICKER sound system,CodeAlarm remote start, '13 Retroshop Headlights and Tail lights, Bedrug, MGP Caliper covers, LED reverse lights, AAC interior LED and licence plate LEDs, BT Catch Can,Weathertech mats
Old 10-23-2013, 12:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: ST
Rep:10
lmiller is on a distinguished road

I just purchased my dodge and it had only had 20k on it, so I have 16 left on the warranty. I called Dodge, and they do have a couple of warranties available one of course you pick the mileage and 100k is 168.00 down and 68 a month. If you go life time, that means for as long as you own your truck, well it is 350 down and 128 per month for 24 months as the 100K warranty. I did not see any call -in restrictions. Which todays shop costs hard to go with out one. 1-800-521-9922
As far as them cancelling your warranty, well you have a couple of choices, both is going to cost ya money. One get a lawyer, to see what your options are to re-coop your warranty, or purchase a new warranty from another company and pay for that. Check the BBS for the best rated ones. There are to many out there that dont cover worth a sh@t. See if they get original parts or manufactured one. The costs are different of course.
Hope this helps.
Lew
Old 10-23-2013, 08:33 PM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

My 2009 truck is coming up on the five year date of purchase. I don't have a warranty other than the lifetime limited powertrain warranty. I have to say that I'm gald I had enough faith in my dealer and truck and didn't need an extra warranty. From here on out other than my drivetrain, if parts break I'll take care of the cost on my own with no regrets. My truck has long paid for itself with the money it made me on my jobs. If I had to do it over I'd buy me another Dodge. All said, I had extra warranties on all of my prior new purchases and never used any of them....all Chevys. I found it to be a waste of money and not worth the hassle the OP seems to be going through. I'm still getting these so call second attempt fruadulent warranty letters from the same unknown company ever since my second or third year of ownership. I got one the other day...it's aggravating. It comes in the form of a Louisiana DMV notice, the kind you tear off the dotted lines on the ends. I can't see how you can buy a warranty on a five year old truck with 60k miles and not expect a scam. I'm so use to seeing them that it doesn't even make it past the outside garbage can! That contract the OP signed is drafted in favor of them and not the holder of the vehicle. It doesn't always help but I read everything I sign. I had to have the dealer send my purchase contract to my bank who financed me and let them fill it out and check it over on my behalf. I wanted to make sure I could pay my truck off early and void the otherwise extra interest. It was less then 300 dollars anyway but just incase I still didn't want to get screwed out of a penny.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:16
jtlind1999 is on a distinguished road
Default "Special Inspection"!!

If you are coming up on the five year anniversary, remember that the dealer has to do a "special inspection" to keep the lifetime warranty valid and do not miss it by more than 30 days before or after the actual anniversary date. That is how they screwed me out of my "Lifetime" drive train warranty. I am sure you probably know this, but I just wanted to make sure. I am still fighting Chrysler on it.