DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-10-2013, 09:14 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:176
Clifford17 has a spectacular aura aboutClifford17 has a spectacular aura about

So I brought it to the dealer last night to have the oil topped up and it was down 2.6 liters... It's the 4th time going in and it being rediculously low so the oil change manager said next time it goes in she's going to bring it to the service managers attention and then we will see where it goes from there...
Old 07-10-2013, 01:26 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:621
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

would have thought the SM would know all about and be on top of this.

Last edited by huntergreen; 07-10-2013 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:17 PM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifford17 View Post
So I brought it to the dealer last night to have the oil topped up and it was down 2.6 liters... It's the 4th time going in and it being rediculously low so the oil change manager said next time it goes in she's going to bring it to the service managers attention and then we will see where it goes from there...
Next time....how many next times do you think you have left on your engine? Sorry but four times is too much. Sometimes you have to put your foot up the donkeys a$$ to make it move. I guess that means I'm calling that oil change manager a Jacka$$ but it sounds like she deserves it.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Express
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Rep:92
Graygoose will become famous soon enough

Yup, 4th time, forget that, I'd be at the GM's office....

2011 White Ram Express, KMC Slides, Nitto 420s 22's,Extang Trifecta, GF leveling kit, KICKER sound system,CodeAlarm remote start, '13 Retroshop Headlights and Tail lights, Bedrug, MGP Caliper covers, LED reverse lights, AAC interior LED and licence plate LEDs, BT Catch Can,Weathertech mats
Old 07-10-2013, 10:03 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Hemi Regular Cab
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:277
GrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graygoose View Post
Yup, 4th time, forget that, I'd be at the GM's office....
........with my hands around his throat. I cant believe the truck is still running.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 RAM
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: copper
Rep:10
rts551 is on a distinguished road

modifications can void the warranty....even if it is not the true problem.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:40 AM

Well I have nothing really to update you guys on, the only think I can say is that I highly doubt that any of my mods caused this issue. I sold my trinity to my buddy and he hasnt had any issues with it. I told him that there might be something wrong with it and he should have it checked out... He called diablo sport up and he sent it back to them and they said its fine, no corrupt files. It makes me feel bad because I gave him a good deal on it(150$) thinking it was faulty.. And on a side note I've thought long and hard on what to do with the truck and it looks like Clifford will be going up for sale in the near future...
Old 07-11-2013, 11:56 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Hemi Regular Cab
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:277
GrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Well I have nothing really to update you guys on, the only think I can say is that I highly doubt that any of my mods caused this issue. I sold my trinity to my buddy and he hasnt had any issues with it. I told him that there might be something wrong with it and he should have it checked out... He called diablo sport up and he sent it back to them and they said its fine, no corrupt files. It makes me feel bad because I gave him a good deal on it(150$) thinking it was faulty.. And on a side note I've thought long and hard on what to do with the truck and it looks like Clifford will be going up for sale in the near future...
That's good news cliff.....and the tuner being ok probably sets well with the Trinity community(as well as the rest of us), who have been keeping an eye on this issue. Sometimes you can get that "lemon", and being blindsided by the problem(s) and the stress that goes along with it, isn't worth the effort to fix it.....it's a shame you don't have the lemon law in Canada.....with that being said, Chrysler needs to step up, and help you with the purchase of a new truck. Good luck moving forward.

Scott
Old 07-11-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayhemiST View Post
That's good news cliff.....and the tuner being ok probably sets well with the Trinity community(as well as the rest of us), who have been keeping an eye on this issue. Sometimes you can get that "lemon", and being blindsided by the problem(s) and the stress that goes along with it, isn't worth the effort to fix it.....it's a shame you don't have the lemon law in Canada.....with that being said, Chrysler needs to step up, and help you with the purchase of a new truck. Good luck moving forward.

Scott
Yea I was talking to my buddy and he said he loves the tuner... He's running the 91 tune and he says he notices a difference and he said he hasn't seen any evidence of any problems...

As for the lemon law here, if chryslers doesn't want to co-operate then I may have to park it across the street from my Chrysler dealership with a giant LEMON sign in the window...and it's a ford dealer across from it to which will not go over well with the Chrysler dealer lol.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:31 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yea I was talking to my buddy and he said he loves the tuner... He's running the 91 tune and he says he notices a difference and he said he hasn't seen any evidence of any problems...

As for the lemon law here, if chryslers doesn't want to co-operate then I may have to park it across the street from my Chrysler dealership with a giant LEMON sign in the window...and it's a ford dealer across from it to which will not go over well with the Chrysler dealer lol.
Definitely want a picture of that.