DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires

Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-09-2013, 10:50 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport 1500 True Blue
Rep:91
nikeman will become famous soon enough

They called this morning and said they have my tire and want to schedule my appointment. Looks like they are taking care of it. It will have to wait until Thursday but I'm very happy to get it taken care of before my 500 mile drive coming up next Monday for my vacation.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:00 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport 1500 True Blue
Rep:91
nikeman will become famous soon enough

Just my curiosity here. I am 100% sure that I did not hit anything but if I did how would it cause that damage? If I hit a curb there would be rub marks around the chunk that coming off right? Same if I hit something on the road. There would have to be scuff marks or something around that area right? You can see the the tire looks brand new around the damage. The lines are crisp and the A right above it is smooth and fresh looking. I just can't see how something I hit could do that. Only other possibility is that someone got jealous and tried to slash it or something. I don't have any enemies that I'm aware of so that doesn't seem right either.

If its not a defective tire then its a complete mystery how it happened. I have been driving for about 14 years and have never seen this happen to a tire. I've run up on curbs in small cars and hit all kinds of things on the road over the years but never had this happen.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 dodge ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Cherry red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Gt8scott is on a distinguished road
Default Blown tire

Well I was coming home from beach after a 6 hours with one quick bathroom break. My TPS go's nuts and the truck kicks in the safety mode, and slows itself down allowing me pull off the road. Now we never hit anything in the road nor a pot hole. We pull off the the road. Change the tire in the dark when I go it home and could look at it I was surprised to find only the tire has what looks like 1 inch holes spaced about every 5-6 inches around the outside sidewall the tread looks as if its bulging every 5-6 inches also. The tires only have approx 2200 miles on them. I'm going tomorrow to check into this my question is this something the dealer/Chrysler needs to know about. I going to try and attach a photo of the tire. I hope it works.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (83.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 07-12-2013, 02:31 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Sport Reg Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport Reg Cab
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:178
rdsabin has a spectacular aura aboutrdsabin has a spectacular aura about
Default Tire Complaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt8scott View Post
Well I was coming home from beach after a 6 hours with one quick bathroom break. My TPS go's nuts and the truck kicks in the safety mode, and slows itself down allowing me pull off the road. Now we never hit anything in the road nor a pot hole. We pull off the the road. Change the tire in the dark when I go it home and could look at it I was surprised to find only the tire has what looks like 1 inch holes spaced about every 5-6 inches around the outside sidewall the tread looks as if its bulging every 5-6 inches also. The tires only have approx 2200 miles on them. I'm going tomorrow to check into this my question is this something the dealer/Chrysler needs to know about. I going to try and attach a photo of the tire. I hope it works.
You may want to file a complaint with NHTSA once their web site is back up. It is a safety hazard and you are lucky you didn't have a bad wreck. It is not Chryslers fault but it is the tire manufacturers problem. Good luck.