DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-05-2013, 07:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: White 2013 QC 4x4 BigHorn
Trim Level: BigHorn
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:14
Irv is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judd McPherson View Post
This link is the 3rd item that pops up on Google when you search "1999 Dakota R/T class action". It should tell you everything that you need to know. I hope it helps:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...-Mhm9_t68UEZwA

It took awhile for Dodge to do anything until the class action was filed. This was even after the California Attorney General started investigating. There is no telling how long it will take, but it sure beats waiting around and hoping that something will be done
Any new news on this?

I can't honestly believe some of you guys, Dodge is trying to stiff you and you have a guy ready to help you with it via a Class action lawsuit and you don't want to take him up on it???

Personally, the more we as "The general public" let companies/corps away with this non-sense, the worse it is going to get!

This is JMO of course, but if my new truck comes in with anything other than what I ordered and Dodge refuses to do anything about it, Judd will be getting a PM quicker than I can leave my dealership, you can bet on that.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:32 PM

Vehicle: Ram1500
Rep:14
moulin6801 is on a distinguished road

Hey, yes.
Dodge called me with an offer to make up for this "misunderstanding"
They gave me a 5 years 100miles bumper to bumper Mopar coverage.. Forgot the name of it... pretty nice, rental car coverage, hotel, towing, etc, etc.... I think is worth $600
So, I took it, and called it good.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:23 PM

Vehicle: 2014 1500 4x4 Laramie 8/392.
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Rep:24
ramit355 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simee View Post
Just an FYI, the build sheet should be correct. It's the window sticker and order sheet that will be wrong. I got 3.21 gears in mine, but it was ordered at a time when the 3.21 wasn't even an option in the ordering system. If I towed regularly, I'd be pretty pissed that my truck can't haul what I thought it was going to. Anyways, if your order sheet shows 3.55 and your window sticker does too, Chrysler will replace the gears. They offered to do mine, but I turned it down because I want the gas mileage.
Replace my gears at a dealership who could not even transfer a Bed cover over on the new truck from the trade in truck? Do you get the point as to what my NEW truck would be like next 7 years after these so-called pros replace gears???? My sticker and sales person claimed I bought a 355 gear and pull my camper up to 8400 lbs!!! My gear is a 321 and 6800 Lbs. I want a new truck not tore apart that I bought!
Old 07-13-2013, 01:58 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Maximum Steel
Rep:39
tev9999 is on a distinguished road

Here is a bit of a reverse question. I bought an Outdoorsman with the Hemi and 8 speed. My window sticker only notes 3.21 under the standard equipment heading. When I looked at the site where you input your VIN, it reported I have 3.92 and can tow more than 10K pounds.

Nowhere is the 3.92 noted on the window sticker. Is it automatically upgraded in the Outdoorsman (26T) package? That does include the anti-spin diff. I wish I had thought to look for the axle sticker while I was crawling around under it last night putting on side steps.

I also seem to have the 32 gallon tank as my first fill-up took 28.5 gallons - that is also not noted anywhere.

I'm mainly curious as I don't tow anyway, and hopefully won't go out and buy a giant camper if I find I can pull it.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab
Color: Black
Rep:47
SquirrelyNutz is on a distinguished road

Well I had seen a lot of people who got the wrong gears and thought I might as well check mine. We clearly asked for 3.55, NOPE 3.21. When I built my truck they said 3.55 was standard and 3.92 was an option. Also the window sticker said 3.55.