DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-13-2013, 03:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: Looking to buy
Rep:10
bryan8252 is on a distinguished road
Default My truck configuration... Never built?

So I finally decided on what I am looking for in a Ram and I sent several dealers the following email:

"These are MUST HAVES:

RAM 1500 Crew Cab with 6'4" box.
8 speed V8 Hemi
40/20/40 front bench seats
32 gallon fuel tank
RAM Box storage
Spray in bedliner
3.92 gears
White or Gray color.

After reviewing the RAM site, I can only get that configuration in a Big Horn or an Outdoorsman."

One response really got my attention:

I did a quick search at 2000 miles and as I suspected, that 2013 Ram 1500 configuration does NOT exist ANYWHERE. The 6' 4" box on the Crew was a late availability configuration with the 8 speed transmission. Both the Ram 1500s that we received with the Big Horn Crew and the 6'4" box were snapped up quickly. When you add in the other MUST HAVES you listed, I doubt that truck was ever built in the 2013s.

I can order that configuration for you in a 2014 Ram 1500 Crew Big Horn. That basic configuration with the 6'4" box, spray in liner, 3.92, bench seats, 32 gallon tank and the Ram Box storage would have an MSRP $43,735. I have attached a "build sheet" for that configuration. I order that truck for you at $500 back of my invoice cost of $40,303 = $39,803.

I'm a bit surprised that those options don't exist on an existing vehicle (according to one dealer). And what about the price? I have seen dealers with up to $10,000 off sticker listed on their websites. So because I want something specific I am not going to get as good of a deal?

BTW, I test drove a 1500 Sport today with the 8 speed. New cars usually ride nice but wow, loved how the Ram rode. 8 speed felt a bit strange, but I am just chalking that up to being used to a 6 speed. Anyway, I really want one now. Also loved the media touch screen and the dash cluster. Kids loved all the plugs for their electronics too. Just a matter of playing the game to get the best price.
Sponsored links
Old 07-14-2013, 12:38 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: SLT, Big Horn
Color: Black Pearl coat
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:229
Ramzaq has a spectacular aura aboutRamzaq has a spectacular aura aboutRamzaq has a spectacular aura about

Dealers can't keep 8 speeds in stock, they are flying out the door almost as soon as they get them. When I finally went to test drive one, two dealers each only had one in stock. I will say they had many 6 speeds available though.

I think what sales man was saying is that what you are looking for is not available for sale because people have already purchased them, not that they didn't build them.

I have noticed on several forums of individuals having very similar trucks to your request.

Ram can't build them fast enough. That is why they started another shift for the work schedule. If I read correctly they are set to produce close to 400,000 Ram trucks this year
Old 07-14-2013, 09:11 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Maximum Steel
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:39
tev9999 is on a distinguished road

You will have a hard time finding that configuration - with the bench seat probably being the rare thing along with the rambox. The Big Horn and Outdoorsman are just variants of a SLT - the early window sticker called them SLTs at the top and had the package name in the option callouts. That changed somewhere along the line and my truck built in June was called an Outdoorsman with no reference to SLT.

I looked at 100s of truck stickers online while searching. Bucket seats with the console were added to just about every Big Horn I looked at while searching. That is standard on the outdoorsman, but can be deleted - saw one of those. If they added the expensive rambox option, I'm guessing they added in the bucket seats too. The 32 gallon tank is also standard on the OD, a $75 option on the BH.

Pricing is a function of supply and demand like everything else. If supply is constrained and demand is high (like with Rams now) the price goes up. By wanting very specific options, you have reduced the acceptable supply to close to zero. Dealers know that if you REALLY REALLY want something that is rare, they can demand a higher price.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:15 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram1500 4x4 8HP70 3.21LSD
Trim Level: Lone Star Quad Cab
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:481
Thunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of light

Both the 8 speeds and the CC 6.4' bed models fly off lots as soon as the dealers are getting them, I'd order if I were you.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Copperhead Pearl/White Gold
Rep:67
Powerwagon 46 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse View Post
Both the 8 speeds and the CC 6.4' bed models fly off lots as soon as the dealers are getting them, I'd order if I were you.
I spent many many hours searching dealers websites for an 8 sp with the other options I wanted. And I wasn't looking for 6.4 bed, which as was stated is a late option. I finally ordered what I wanted and might suggest that you might be happier with such a decision if you are not willing to compromise on your must have list!
Old 07-14-2013, 04:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: Looking to buy
Rep:10
bryan8252 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the replies. I'm hard pressed to order and gamble that when the truck comes in there will be rebates/dealer incentives. I will wait and see if I can find one online. I can order later.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:15 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport 4x4 CC 6'4"
Color: White
Rep:56
RJWNY will become famous soon enough

Here is what I wanted, and one dealer told me it wasn't available in '13 AT ALL...LOL....The CC, 6'4" bed, and air suspension is really hard to find...

Sport , CC, 6'4" bed, air suspension, no ram box, 3.92 gears.

Another local dealer said 3 Sport CCs with air suspension are available in the US right now, all 3 on the east coast, but all have the short bed....

So, even if it was out there, I'd rather build my own '14 and get every single option I want...so that's what I did, and the wait is killing me.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 1500 Hemi/8 Speed/3.92
Trim Level: Laramie/RamBox/Air
Color: Black gold pearl
Rep:29
Bhbdvm is on a distinguished road

Many dealers advertise their prices including REBATES. Make certain you read the fine print on the advertised price or give them a call.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:53 AM

Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Maximum Steel
Rep:39
tev9999 is on a distinguished road

Advertised pricing is useless. Usually it includes the employee price with every conceivable discount, so unless you are a Chrysler employee in the military that recently graduated from collage and is a USAA member who is trading a competitive vehicle - it won't apply.

Manufacturer incentives depend on what is in effect when you take delivery of the vehicle, and last I looked there was nothing announced for 2014s yet. I would not expect much of a rebate early in the model year - especially the way they are selling now. I was checking out Silverados as the 2014s were just hitting the lots. The 2013s had around $5000 in rebates at least - 2014s = $0.