DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-13-2013, 12:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn
Trim Level: Crew Cab
Color: Maximum Steel
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
orvel is on a distinguished road
Default Weird! Uconnect SD Card doubling the tracks on Albums!

I have plenty of glitches on my Uconnect radio ranging from not understanding my commands to play a particular album or a song, to acknowledging the album but then continuing to play the previous one, to wiping out all my Satellite station presets, to switching media on its own, etc. etc. etc.! (BTW my software version 13.15.4). Anyway today while cruising on my truck had a new glitch and was wondering if someone else has experienced this issue. The issue being for example, that I chose one of my favorite albums to play on the SD card, and I of course started on Track 1, when the track is over I'm looking forward to the Track 2 song playing, but no, Track 1 starts playing again, hmm, I never touched the "Repeat" button, OK so I change the track manually with the steering wheel button, the new track is over but then again repeats itself, so I say to myself, well another glitch that I didn't have before, no automatic playing of tracks on albums! Curious however I decide to open the track listing on the album, and lord and behold what do I see--all the tracks are doubled on the SD Card, no wonder they were repeating themselves, how the heck did that happen? And not only on that album, but with few exceptions, most of the albums on the SD Card had double tracks! I took the SD Card out and put it in my PC, but then I saw that the songs were not repeated on the SD card in the computer, well right then and there I knew that it was a Uconnect problem and so how the heck was I going to correct that? Well the way I solved it, was to get in the truck, started it up, let the radio come on, put the SD card in, still had the same issue, took the SD card out, shut the truck off, waited till everything was totally off, then installed the SD card, started the truck, went to SD Card media mode, and Walla, the albums were back to single Tracks they way they're supposed to be, but really weird, never thought that could happen. If anybody has any ideas as to how that could happen I certainly would appreciate your comments!
Sponsored links
Old 07-13-2013, 01:35 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver
Rep:59
Bighorn453 will become famous soon enough

i see you said you have version 13.15.4, but you might want to try updating your uconnect firmware to the latest 13.19.0 if you havent already done so.

see if that fixes it. it fixed the issue with the presets.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn
Trim Level: Crew Cab
Color: Maximum Steel
orvel is on a distinguished road
Smile

Well, even though I thought I had this issue fixed before I updated to 13.19.0, it did come back the next time I started the truck. But now that I've updated to 13.19.0 I think it's gone for good-- I hope!
Old 07-14-2013, 11:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: White
Rep:33
rb10475 is on a distinguished road

I have the same issue if and when my radio decides to read the SD card.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:06 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 RAM BIGHORN 1500
Trim Level: Bighorn
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
hammonds01 is on a distinguished road

I have a 2014 RAM that has same issue, at the present my SD card went from just over 500 songs to 2032 songs, some are doubled some as many as 6 copies of the same songs. I have been to the dealer 3 times now and they say I have a bad SD card. This is the 3rd SD card I have bought how can all 3 be bad?
Also sometimes it won't even recognize the SD card at all. Now back to the dealer for my 3rd appointment and diagnostics on the unit. What a hassle.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:38 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, 8sp
Trim Level: BigHorn. RamBox
Color: Black
Rep:210
OldJoe has a spectacular aura aboutOldJoe has a spectacular aura aboutOldJoe has a spectacular aura about

I've had it happen with my thumb drive. Thought I was going nuts. I,like you, checked the thing on my Apple and it didn't show all of the duplicates. Put it back in the truck about 3 weeks ago and haven't had any issues.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:44 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 4x4 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Rep:100
CharlieL will become famous soon enoughCharlieL will become famous soon enough

I have had this problem and a "reverse" one - in that I go to a folder to play a given song and all songs by the particular artist are gone! - Zip, nada... To cure the problem, I've just done a "reboot" of the UConnect - holding the volume and select buttons both in for about 10 seconds until the system begins a reset. Once the reset is done - all back to normal (at least as normal as it gets!).

Charlie
Old 07-12-2014, 10:11 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Doge Ram Power Wagon
Color: White
Rep:24
mtnrider is on a distinguished road

Have the same issue with mine. I'm on the latest rev of the firmware. Some double, some triple. How ever I do have a few songs on there that it foes not do that. Haven't had a chance to look at them but I wonder if the ones that don't double are a different bit rate or some thing like that? Doesn't do it with the same songs on a usb drive.
Old 07-12-2014, 02:53 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew
Rep:197
jaray has a spectacular aura aboutjaray has a spectacular aura about

I've narrowed down a lot of these little bugs to the way the UConnect software boots. I've had these little issues as well.
It seems that often when starting the vehicle(which boots up the UConnect), it sometimes takes longer than other times for the UConnect system to fully load. Sometimes it doesn't start up all of its services and we get left with features that don't work until the next fresh load of the system (complete shut off and restart).
A restart of the power doesn't usually bring these services back as you have to wait for that short time period for the system to completely shut everything off even after you've shut the truck down. With the ignition off, open and shut the door again, and listen after about 45 seconds for relays to click off etc.
Once you hear those last relays etc shut down, then it'll do a full restart when you turn the truck back on.

Most of my issues were the truck not loading the USB/ SD card/Bluetooth audio component.
It doesn't recognize any of these are there and plugged in until a factory reset or after that complete power cycle.
if I have to resort to a factory reset, all is good again for a month or so before the symptoms start coming back.
We're just going to have to deal with it, as Chrysler/UCconnect isn't going to get us any 100% stable fix. They keep trying numerous times and all we get are partial fixes and new bugs showing up sometimes after firmware updates.
Not a solution here, but I'm quite sure the underlying operating system is just not consistently starting all of the services all of the time. Pretty ridiculous that we have to deal with these issues, but they're obviously moving on to bigger better things and the existing troubled UConnect systems aren't getting the attention they should be.
Gibson Cat-back exhaust w/black tips, S&B CAI, MGP caliper covers, Recon LED 3rd brake light, Bilstein 5100's, Daystar 1" rear coil spacers, Weathertech floor liners, Westin Ultimate series bull bar, Dee Zee Tailgate Assist, Mopar T- Handle, Kicker speaker upgrade

Last edited by jaray; 07-12-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Jazzman310 is on a distinguished road

I just posted my problems with it and I should have looked here first. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's VERY annoying!