DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 > Exhaust

Notices

Exhaust 5.7 HEMI Exhaust Discussion

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-15-2013, 08:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: 4X4 CC Sport
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:39
boomer135 is on a distinguished road
Default Magnaflow 18" Review 2013 Sport 4X4 CC

Just got back from the Muffler shop here is my review. Keep in mind I left the resonators attached.

2013 CC sport 4X4 5.7

First off I am glad I found this shop (Location Sacramento CA) Quoted me $165 + taxes, had me out the door for even less @ $158. All they had stocked were the 14", but they said they could have the 18" (Part #12278) by the time I got there. I was at their shop for only 90min

I am glad I didn't go with the 14". I think it would have been too much for me. From the reviews I have been reading, I was back and forth asking myself "will it be loud enough" I was looking for a classy growl, and a little volume. the 18" actually exceeded my expectations. When I got home I actually measured the 18" to make sure it was the correct one.

The 18" gives just enough deep toned growl, with no popping under WOT. I can still hear it a little under idle. While slowly moving from a stop it still produces enough note to be heard by you in the cab, and passers by.

The drive was 35 miles to the shop I found, so I played with some RPM's on the way home. DRONE: There is a bit just @ or above 1600 RPM, Aprox 69-70 MPH. and while slowly accelerating with the cruise control, its a bit louder till you reach speed. It's not annoying, but it's there. BTW I have lost a lot of hearing in my left ear with my years in the USAF, so I may pick up better on lower tones, as opposed to the high ones. I wasn't wearing my hearing aids while driving.

At WOT still produces a nice note, and no popping. Sounds very healthy. For those worried about drone, or who tow I vote against the 14" I am a little concerned how the drone will be when I tow with the 18", But I am still glad I went with the instead of the 14 or 24.

The 18" exceeded the tone and volume I have read about, and think for my taste the 14" would have been too much for me, and the 24" wouldn't have been enough. I would honestly prefer a little less volume, but I know for a fact the 24" would have left me wanting more.

Very Pleased for $158 out the door.
MODS: PE Full Metal Jackrabbit, BT Catch can, Magnaflow 18", Vararam, Bullydog Hemi Tuner, Zone 1.5 BL, Bilstein 5100's @2.8, TG 1.5 rear coil Spacers, Fuel 20x10 -12OS, Toyo OC MT 315/60R20, Painted BW Pocket Flares http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread....88#post1344588
Sponsored links
Old 07-16-2013, 08:29 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport 4x4 CC 6'4"
Color: White
Rep:56
RJWNY will become famous soon enough

good review....any chance you can take a video?
Old 07-17-2013, 12:55 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: 4X4 CC Sport
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:39
boomer135 is on a distinguished road

No video, sorry...
MODS: PE Full Metal Jackrabbit, BT Catch can, Magnaflow 18", Vararam, Bullydog Hemi Tuner, Zone 1.5 BL, Bilstein 5100's @2.8, TG 1.5 rear coil Spacers, Fuel 20x10 -12OS, Toyo OC MT 315/60R20, Painted BW Pocket Flares http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread....88#post1344588
Old 07-17-2013, 12:54 PM

Vehicle: 2012 dodge Ram Bighorn
Trim Level: big horn 4x4
Color: white
Rep:10
whiteknight312 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer135 View Post
Just got back from the Muffler shop here is my review. Keep in mind I left the resonators attached.

2013 CC sport 4X4 5.7

First off I am glad I found this shop (Location Sacramento CA) Quoted me $165 + taxes, had me out the door for even less @ $158. All they had stocked were the 14", but they said they could have the 18" (Part #12278) by the time I got there. I was at their shop for only 90min

I am glad I didn't go with the 14". I think it would have been too much for me. From the reviews I have been reading, I was back and forth asking myself "will it be loud enough" I was looking for a classy growl, and a little volume. the 18" actually exceeded my expectations. When I got home I actually measured the 18" to make sure it was the correct one.

The 18" gives just enough deep toned growl, with no popping under WOT. I can still hear it a little under idle. While slowly moving from a stop it still produces enough note to be heard by you in the cab, and passers by.

The drive was 35 miles to the shop I found, so I played with some RPM's on the way home. DRONE: There is a bit just @ or above 1600 RPM, Aprox 69-70 MPH. and while slowly accelerating with the cruise control, its a bit louder till you reach speed. It's not annoying, but it's there. BTW I have lost a lot of hearing in my left ear with my years in the USAF, so I may pick up better on lower tones, as opposed to the high ones. I wasn't wearing my hearing aids while driving.

At WOT still produces a nice note, and no popping. Sounds very healthy. For those worried about drone, or who tow I vote against the 14" I am a little concerned how the drone will be when I tow with the 18", But I am still glad I went with the instead of the 14 or 24.

The 18" exceeded the tone and volume I have read about, and think for my taste the 14" would have been too much for me, and the 24" wouldn't have been enough. I would honestly prefer a little less volume, but I know for a fact the 24" would have left me wanting more.

Very Pleased for $158 out the door.
I got the mufflex system with the 18 magnaflow and I like it also. good throaty growl when you step on it. left stock rear pipes, so its not droning a lot in my opinion. around 65+ its almost quiet and MDS kicks in even quieter that speed.