DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-18-2013, 10:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
I agree with the verdict of not guilty of 2nd degree murder. But right or wrong the world doesn't need any more cowards becoming policemen. We have enough cowardess acts of murder coming from police without a Zimmerman. He would never make a good cop much less a gun toting security guard. Was he in uniform to be recognized as security, did he acknowledge he was a security gaurd, did he fire any warning shots? None of the above, he screamed for help when he was getting his a$$ whipped even though he had a gun on him...wtf? Travon was wrong and was guilty of aggravated battery on Zimmerman. Zimmerman was guilty of manslaughter...possibly involuntry but can only be tried once in a court of law. The trial was illegal as as was the case not going to grand jury. And the presidents flaming remarks about the incident didn't help, it made it worse. Not to mention the judge herself was wrong when she ordered that the jury could find the defendent guilty of a lesser charge. I am all for the right to bear arms and even stand your ground. But this was not the case, it could have been prevented had he had balls to say the least. If you don't have any balls you don't deserve to be a cop or carry a concealed gun in public. This was not a case of someone being mugged in public where he would have deserved to have been shot dead. This was a case where a wanna be half a$$ security gaurd should have used his head and not violent force. You don't put a gun in a cowards hand and tell him to patrol the streets. Nothing wrong with wanting justice but there's ways of doing it right and lawful. Only an idiot would hire this guy as a security gaurd after seeing this trial.
My only argument to this is the inconstancy of the law.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...warning-shots/

Or is it different because this was a black woman and not a white woman or man?

She argued the "Stand your ground" and lost, I wonder why?

Of course they claim it was because she came back into the house with the gun, instead of leaving, but what mother would leave her children with someone whom she feared?

There is always this great divide between people / countries about the "right to bare arms", and I don't want to turn this thread (or any other thread for that matter) into a debate about it.

I believe as a country you are free to do as you please, and it doesn't matter if my country agrees with it or not.....in fact it doesn't matter if any other country agrees with it or not. It's your country, your call.

However improper training, screening, checking, followups, whatever you want to call it, will always lead to cases like this.

How many schools, fast food restaurants, or drive by shootings will there be?

I don't know, you don't know, nobody can know, but wouldn't it be nice to know that there was a camera there to help catch the wretch who committed the crime?

I know I would hope that there was one near by.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:25 PM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

I agree, that ladys case is messed up, if she's tellng the truth. She could be a wacco (she came back in) which is what it looks like they believe. None the less, I'm just trying to be impartial about the Zimmerman case. If it was my son that got shot because he was whipping someones a$$ that was following him Zimmerman would have had a hard time making it to trial. I might have hid and jumped someone following me too but I wasn't there. If it was my son that did the shooting I'd pobably whipp his a$$....it was stupid! I don't know what's right and what's wrong other than it could have been avoided and that's where I blame Zimmerman. That said, the worst case senerial is involuntary manslaughter if he were guilty. I had a friend Doug who shot a guy in a local pub in Kenner on williams Blvd in the late 80's. He was sitting in his seat and went to the bathroom and came back with someone in his seat. He politely asked him to move and the guy stuck a gun in his face smacked him around and talked trash...wrong move. Doug went to his car and came back in with a shotgun and blew him off the seat and hit him again while he lay on the floor. He sat down in his seat and drank his beer and waited for the cops. Dougy Smith was everyones friend including the bartender who backed his story. He's still doing life in Angola for 1st degree murder because of going outside and coming back in to kill him.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:37 PM

RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
I agree, that ladys case is messed up, if she's tellng the truth. She could be a wacco (she came back in) which is what it looks like they believe. None the less, I'm just trying to be impartial about the Zimmerman case. If it was my son that got shot because he was whipping someones a$$ that was following him Zimmerman would have had a hard time making it to trial. I might have hid and jumped someone following me too but I wasn't there. If it was my son that did the shooting I'd pobably whipp his a$$....it was stupid! I don't know what's right and what's wrong other than it could have been avoided and that's where I blame Zimmerman. That said, the worst case senerial is involuntary manslaughter if he were guilty. I had a friend Doug who shot a guy in a local pub in Kenner on williams Blvd in the late 80's. He was sitting in his seat and went to the bathroom and came back with someone in his seat. He politely asked him to move and the guy stuck a gun in his face smacked him around and talked trash...wrong move. Doug went to his car and came back in with a shotgun and blew him off the seat and hit him again while he lay on the floor. He sat down in his seat and drank his beer and waited for the cops. Dougy Smith was everyones friend including the bartender who backed his story. He's still doing life in Angola for 1st degree murder because of going outside and coming back in to kill him.
OMG no way!!

If someone like George had killed my family member, well I don't know what I would do?

An eye for an eye only makes the world blind, but I just don't know if I would be tempted to poke his eye out with a bat or not??

I'm generally not a confrontationist type of person, and don't subscribe to the "violence theory will solve all problems", but hurt my family........well then that's a whole new ballgame.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:52 AM

Vehicle: 1990 RamCharger
Color: Red
Engine: 1988-1991 318ci (5.2L) LA V8 140hp
Rep:85
Gen1dak will become famous soon enough

Anyone aware of the massive NSA data storage facility that just opened in Utah? It's just like everything else. They pitch things as a benefit to "you" but it comes down to paying the government to buy the knife they then hold at your throat.

Last edited by Gen1dak; 07-19-2013 at 02:21 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSmart View Post
You have to read the whole paragraph, and not just part of it or else your comments don't support the argument.

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
Looks like two paragraphs to me. There's a difference between embracing technology and being subjugated by it.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:02 AM

A wise man once said "Don't argue with fools, because from a distance people can't tell who is who".

I will leave you with that thought, and end the debate there.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:39 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

wonder how this became about george zimmerman. imo, based on the evidence, george could not be found guilty. imho, two knuckle heads ran into each other and one had a gun. if george had identified himself as neighborhood watch, things may have turned out different, magnetic signs on car.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSmart View Post
A wise man once said "Don't argue with fools, because from a distance people can't tell who is who".

I will leave you with that thought, and end the debate there.
Sure, why not. Just one little question. Is that "wise man" dead?
Old 07-19-2013, 10:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Zimmerman may have to become a RECLUSE of sorts
he definitely won't be able to live in metropolitan setting
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 07-20-2013, 12:06 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

as for caamaras everywhere, guess you all are not big on the cotus.