DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-20-2013, 12:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
Zimmerman may have to become a RECLUSE of sorts
he definitely won't be able to live in metropolitan setting
I hope that Trayvon Martin's family wins the civil suit, should they proceed with it.

I want to see this little worm rot, too bad they couldn't go after his brother as well.

I read somewhere about a black guy who, when asked about the case said something like, now George Zimmerman will know what it's like to be a black man.

Good luck getting a job, respect, or being able to walk down the street without having people talk about you.

There was more to it than that, but I can't recall it all.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:15 AM

RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntergreen View Post
as for caamaras everywhere, guess you all are not big on the cotus.
No I wouldn't say that at all.

We have people here in Canada that say the same thing about our nation.

I just look at the camera issue from a safety stand point of view more than anything else.

Don't get me wrong, I can see why people don't want them, but as I said before I'm not doing anything wrong so I don't really care if they watch me or not.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:20 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

"those that would give up essential liberty for a little safety, deserve neither" ben franklin "i think"
Old 07-20-2013, 12:35 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Rep:563
PappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSmart View Post
I just look at the camera issue from a safety stand point of view more than anything else.
But it's really not a safety issue. Cameras, scanners, etc don't prevent crime, violence, terrorism or anything else they are purported to protect against. That would require someone actively monitoring that particular camera, at that moment, who is close enough & has the resources and willingness to help.

In some cases, those photographs *may* help law enforcement. But unless the it is a picture of a crime-in-progress or other obviously damning evidence, that evidence is circumstantial at best.

The real benefit is in building a case (for court) against someone. That can help prosecutors, lawyers and the like. It *may* sound like a good thing, and sometimes it certainly is, but often it is not.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:42 AM

huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSmart View Post
I hope that Trayvon Martin's family wins the civil suit, should they proceed with it.

I want to see this little worm rot, too bad they couldn't go after his brother as well.

I read somewhere about a black guy who, when asked about the case said something like, now George Zimmerman will know what it's like to be a black man.

Good luck getting a job, respect, or being able to walk down the street without having people talk about you.

There was more to it than that, but I can't recall it all.
you do know he was found "not guilty" don't make the mistake of hanging all past racial wrong doings on GZ. i think he is blameless, but either was travon.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaJohnRam View Post
But it's really not a safety issue. Cameras, scanners, etc don't prevent crime, violence, terrorism or anything else they are purported to protect against. That would require someone actively monitoring that particular camera, at that moment, who is close enough & has the resources and willingness to help.

In some cases, those photographs *may* help law enforcement. But unless the it is a picture of a crime-in-progress or other obviously damning evidence, that evidence is circumstantial at best.

The real benefit is in building a case (for court) against someone. That can help prosecutors, lawyers and the like. It *may* sound like a good thing, and sometimes it certainly is, but often it is not.
but it is another chink in the cotus. how many chinks do we accept before the cotus is forgotten?
Old 07-20-2013, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntergreen View Post
"those that would give up essential liberty for a little safety, deserve neither" ben franklin "i think"
LOL......I just went through that with somebody else on here.

Sadly he didn't get my point of view, so I figured it was best to leave it alone.

Change is what the world is about.

My point that I was trying to make was that Ben Franklin being an inventor would possibly change his views were he to be alive today?

Of course those comments that he made weren't his exact words, and the meaning of those words were meant entirely different to what we take them as now.

But history is what wars are made of, and I'm not here to start any wars, rather I'm here to learn and have fun.

My intention was not to offend anyone, but it would appear that I did.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:53 AM

red smart...who took offense? you are right, haven't taken a history course in over thirty years and knew i wouldn't get the exact quote right. lol sadly i haven't studied canadian history and ub familiar with your history. but our gov't was founded on certain principles to keep the gov't in check. seems lately they have forgotten that.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:52 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Rep:563
PappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to all

I didn't get the impression you offended anyone ... a valid topic that is bound to generate different points of view.