DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Rambox question

4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  skytop 
#1 ·
Hey guys new to forum and I'm going to be buying my first ram. Getting a 2014 with 3L Diesel.

Was wondering does anyone make a cap that fits with the ram box? I like the ram box but Will likely need a cap for when we put the dogs in their crates in the back.

#6 ·
There are a number of companies making a cap for the Ram storage box equipped trucks.

I have one on order but after consideration, have decided that all the gear I have will fit into the boxes. I won't need the expense and trouble of a cover.

One premium example for the Ram storage box truck is:

Tuxedo Lo Pro QT Soft Roll Up Part No. 544901
  • The fold ups are a nuisance and prevent about 40% of your box from access. If you fold them up, they block your rear view. The aluminum roll ups are way too expensive. The fabric roll ups are the only IMO choice if you must have a cover.

#8 · (Edited)
Mopar44: Ha Ha....I was just thinking about that exact same thing while taking my evening walk before. I was visualizing how the truck would look with the narrowed cap and the storage boxes sticking out. I also thought about how small the capacity would be making the cap kind of a waste unless you carried some kind of tall item that needed security or weather protection.

I don't think a cap can be fitted to the cargo box since the Ram storage lids impinge on the cargo box space when they open.

I have had a number of caps on various pick ups. I seem to always find that what I needed had somehow migrated to the very front of the box. This required me to crawl on hands and knees inside the cap to retrieve the tool I needed. No thanks. Never again with a conventional cap. I have seen really neat caps that have raised roof lines man sized rear center door to walk in and retrieve whatever you need. That is the only cap style I could ever see using. Only the young guys in their 20's can crawl around on their knees with the standard caps. But it is a moot subject with the Ram Box equipped trucks.

Photo below has BackFlip 26207RB tri fold cover folded up as far as it will go.

#9 ·
Hey guys new to forum and I'm going to be buying my first ram. Getting a 2014 with 3L Diesel.

Was wondering does anyone make a cap that fits with the ram box? I like the ram box but Will likely need a cap for when we put the dogs in their crates in the back.
How do you expect a cap to work with the Rambox storage compartments still being functional?

#11 ·
Even though I have the RAM Box have you thought of regular box and purchasing after-market system that fits inside the side walls of the box and will fold out for access. If you went that route you would be able to put your cap on and still have the storage as the RAM Box does.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.