DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Accessories - Dodge Ram Parts - Dodge Ram Performance - Registered Vendors! > Total Load Control - Dodge Ram Air Suspension

Notices

Total Load Control - Dodge Ram Air Suspension TLC™ is the patented air suspension for that solves the problems hauling or towing heavy loads with coil springs. Fits all 2009-14 RAM 1500 including Ecodiesel and just introduced for 2014 RAM 2500! No modification required; keep the coil springs. TLC also makes units for 02-13 RAM 2500 & 02-14 RAM 3500 with leaf springs. TLC adds over 5,000 lbs of lifting power to level any load or tow with the largest air springs on any full-size pickup – 9” Goodyear® dual bellows. Your truck will be safer, handle better and go faster around curves. TLC doesn’t interfere with the factory ride. You’ve never experienced the power of air bags until you try Total Load Control™. Easy to install; no drilling; fits leveled & body lifted trucks. We introduced TLC on the Z and have many happy Z customers. Get Total Load Control Today!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-12-2013, 12:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 1500, CC/6'4", Hemi/8 spd
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:352
DAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really nice

That's great. Glad to hear it. Really am. My comments were just an opinion, based on nothing but what I read here. I just haven't seen that TLC is very responsive at all, here on their forum. Questions to them go unanswered for days, it really doesn't seem like they are paying much attention or are very concerned. And most of the answers the do give to tech questions come off as regurgitated marketing. I found it a little bit discouraging that the wireless compressor/control system they tout as being the one to use with their kit, they seem to have slowly discovered, only after the fact and only by hearing multiple complaints, about the 2" lift issue. Yet, there has been no change in their recommendations nor any update to the info they provide in relation to the wireless setup. No tech help at all on the issue actually, at least not that I can see here. And it does seem to me their should be a work around for it.

That's just one example. Reading here, there are others. Just not impressed with either the responsiveness or the level of knowledge or service I "see" being provided here on this forum. Like I said though, just my opinion, and just from what I see right here. Nothing more.

And I may well end up keeping the kit and installing it. So I really, genuinely do hope it's as awesome as you say.

- DAA
Old 06-12-2013, 05:59 PM
Rollin Coal!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 3500 CTD Crew Cab
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:20
scuba0331 is on a distinguished road

Maybe give them a call.

You could always put the 5 lbs in the bag and use the schrader valve to release what you don't want.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:16 AM

DAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba0331 View Post

You could always put the 5 lbs in the bag and use the schrader valve to release what you don't want.

That's what I'm thinking too. Sounds like if I use the WirelessOne kit, I'll have to modify it to put an on/off switch in it though. Otherwise, it will want to keep a 5 psi minimum in the bags. So I'd either have to run wires and a switch into the cab - which essentially defeats the whole purpose of a wireless system. Or, put a switch outside the cab, near wherever I mount the compressor, or in a Rambox, or whatever. Which would require getting out and activating the switch to add air and use the system, which at least partially defeats the purpose of a wireless system.

Kind of thinking that maybe a wireless system is NOT the way to go with the TLC set up. Since it appears that TLC recommends only 2-3 psi for daily driving without a load. But the wireless system runs a 5 psi minimum which causes a 2" rear lift. And as I just said, it seems to me that adding an on/off switch to the wireless system to get around this issue, defeats the purpose of spending the extra money for wireless.

Too bad the wireless remote control doesn't have an on/off button, eh?

Just thinking out loud here...

Oh, and sorry to have totally sidetracked this thread too! This is about leaks, not the 2" lift, which has it's own thread. I definitely took this one off into the weeds. Sorry about that...

- DAA
Old 06-20-2013, 03:05 PM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:1178
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

I have driven with my system as high as 30 psi with no load, and as low as empty.

Empty rides rough, 2-3 psi rides stock, 5-7 gives a nice air ride feel. 10-20 fixes suspension squat on cornering and hard acceleration, 30 psi rides really rough unladen, but provides zero weight transfer and makes it handle even better still.

I like the ride at 5-7 psi. Ultimately it comes down to what you prefer. I also do not have wireless one, and prefer it that way.

Also, I apologize for my not being around much. I am 28 years old and just came out of hip replacement surgery an hour or so ago.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Old 06-21-2013, 09:14 AM

Ouch... Sorry to hear about having to get a new ball and socket at such a young age. Hope it lasts a long time and works really well for you!

I've decided to go with the Air Lift system, so not worried about any of this stuff anymore. Other than, I have a brand new in the box TLC kit I need to sell! $350 to your door, for anyone interested - save yourself a few bucks!

- DAA
Old 07-22-2013, 01:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Green
Rep:10
MartinFielding is on a distinguished road
Default Leak from threads at air spring

Any advice on how to remove the push-to-connect fitting on the airbag to re-wrap the threads?

The nut on the fitting is buried too deep within the top plate that is mounted to the top of the air spring to grip.

The top plate is attached with what appears to be two hex-bolts that I am unable to turn (and I've tried bretty hard - broke tools and drawn blood).

There appears to be a hex nut about a 1/2" inside the push-to-connect fitting that could be turned with an allan key - will that remove it? (picture attached)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20130721-00098.jpg (122.2 KB, 20 views)
Old 07-22-2013, 05:59 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think a thin wall socket will fit there, I am watching this closely as I will have to remove my kit and do the same, leaking all over. You might have to cut away some of the aluminum around the fitting so you can fit in a socket, wow, hope I have better luck when I pull mine off. Please keep us posted on how things go. Thanks for the pic.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Rep:163
bendodge has a spectacular aura aboutbendodge has a spectacular aura about
Default Remove fitting

Yes it is a allen at the bottom of the fitting. I did not remove mine with it, I took the plate off that is held in place by the 2 allen head screws to gain access to the fitting. I did use the allen in the fitting to reinstall after I resealed and it worked fine. Also I used a Snapon allen socket to remove the bolts holding the top plate on and it did not twist or break. Do not forget to put some loctite on the bolts before you reinstall them.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Green
Rep:10
MartinFielding is on a distinguished road
Default TLC Leaks

Thanks for the tips and advice.

Last night I tried to remove the fitting with an allen key - no luck - it was in there way too tight for such a small tool.

My frustration got the better of me - and I pulled out the Dremel. Cut away a small piece of the aluminum plate to access the bolt. (pics attached)

It still took considerable force to remove the fitting with a socket set - but at last - success! It looks like there may have been some thread dope on there making it quite tough to turn. I cleanded them up as best I could, and put a little teflon tape on the threads - and re-assembled and re-mounted the air spring. I am happily leak-free!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20130722-00100.jpg (121.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20130722-00101.jpg (122.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20130722-00099.jpg (124.0 KB, 21 views)
Old 07-24-2013, 01:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge RAM
Color: White
Rep:17
TLC John is on a distinguished road

Martin,

I'm told a 7/32 ratchet Allen socket wrench should work.

Is that what you used?

John