DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LEVELING

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LEVELING Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-23-2013, 12:12 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 sport crew
Trim Level: sport
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
4sport is on a distinguished road

well got em ordered, guess we will see if the fit soon
Old 07-23-2013, 07:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 1500, CC/6'4", Hemi/8 spd
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Flame Red
Rep:352
DAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really nice

Please do report back. Interested in these as well. Would be on the stock Longhorn 20" wheels, which I think are 9", but need to double check that. Be installing Bilstein's at 2.1 along with them.

Pretty sure my tire store would order in a set and mount one or two up for a test fit before I bought them - they've done it for me on other tires before. But it's hard to get a proper clearance test without flexing out the suspension and turning full lock at the same time. I can do it with the floor jacks at the tire store but they don't like to let me back there, especially not to use their equipment in ways they aren't really comfortable with.

I know from experience that what looks like plenty of clearance sitting on level ground in the tire store bay can turn into enough fender contact to bend sheet metal once the truck gets crossed up offroad.

- DAA
Old 07-23-2013, 07:07 PM

DAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really nice

P.S... 1/4" spacers are not an option. Will fail state inspection and a lot of the tire stores around here - including the one I go to - won't touch them.

- DAA
Old 07-23-2013, 08:19 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAA View Post
P.S... 1/4" spacers are not an option. Will fail state inspection and a lot of the tire stores around here - including the one I go to - won't touch them.

- DAA
HERE as well as HERE are two good article on this thread's topic.

Very, very few shops in my area sell or will install wheel spacers/adapters, too. They claim it's a liabilty issue. I say it's a touch of ignorance.

The general rule I've always been fed is that your wheels will fail [well] before a quality, properally installed wheel spacer/adapter does.

I'm not a fan of wheel spacers, as I've mentioned on the boards before, and have never touched them, HOWEVER, even I'm not ignorant enough to know that properly/professionally matched and installed wheel spacers/adapters pose no danger.

Any type of wheel adapter/spacer should always be installed by those who have a clue [professional]. I'm all for the DIY'er at every opportunity, but this not something, personally, I would do blindly in my backyard.

If you're trying to save dollars and do it yourself, then that's fine as I can most certainly respect that. Respect. However educate yourself to the task at hand. Ask questions, make phone calls, research boards like this, ask again and arm yourself with an abundance of knowledge before attempting something along these lines.

The rule of thumb I've always been taught is this: When it comes to changing and/or modifying parts n' labor of your vehicle under the floor pan, then let the experts handle it.

This has worked well for me in over 20YRS of driving.

It's when ignorance and know-it-all mentality sets in, that issues arrise -

Good luck.

Grub out!
Old 07-24-2013, 09:54 AM

Yeah, I'm very familiar with wheel spacers. Have had the high quality, hub centric, bolt on type before. Know how to install, inspect and maintain them. Those ARE legal here. The tire store I go to has no problem with those. The 1/4" type, aren't legal here - the statute is clear - automatic fail of mandatory state safety inspection. Tire store won't touch those, for good reason, IMO.

- DAA
Old 07-24-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
HERE as well as HERE are two good article on this thread's topic.

Very, very few shops in my area sell or will install wheel spacers/adapters, too. They claim it's a liabilty issue. I say it's a touch of ignorance.

The general rule I've always been fed is that your wheels will fail [well] before a quality, properally installed wheel spacer/adapter does.

I'm not a fan of wheel spacers, as I've mentioned on the boards before, and have never touched them, HOWEVER, even I'm not ignorant enough to know that properly/professionally matched and installed wheel spacers/adapters pose no danger.

Any type of wheel adapter/spacer should always be installed by those who have a clue [professional]. I'm all for the DIY'er at every opportunity, but this not something, personally, I would do blindly in my backyard.

If you're trying to save dollars and do it yourself, then that's fine as I can most certainly respect that. Respect. However educate yourself to the task at hand. Ask questions, make phone calls, research boards like this, ask again and arm yourself with an abundance of knowledge before attempting something along these lines.

The rule of thumb I've always been taught is this: When it comes to changing and/or modifying parts n' labor of your vehicle under the floor pan, then let the experts handle it.

This has worked well for me in over 20YRS of driving.

It's when ignorance and know-it-all mentality sets in, that issues arrise -

Good luck.
thanks grubrunner, some good info here
Old 09-17-2013, 12:32 AM

Vehicle: '11 1500 sport 4x4
Trim Level: sport 4x4
Color: mineral grey
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:13
hoyter is on a distinguished road

4sport, any update on how they fit?
Old 09-17-2013, 12:42 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Grey
jleblanc is on a distinguished road

I'm running 295/65/20 nitto trail grappler mt on my 2011 sport 4x4 with a 3 / 2 lift and needed a 1/4 spacers to keep them from rubbing on the a arms the would rub at full lock and by the ball joint when hitting bumps. Also the back rubs when under articulation. I'm running spacers front and rear.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:11 AM

Vehicle: '11 1500 sport 4x4
Trim Level: sport 4x4
Color: mineral grey
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:13
hoyter is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the update. Ill have to look into spacers.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyter View Post
4sport, any update on how they fit?
sorry havn't had much free time lately to post. I cancelled my order due to you order them you buy them, I did not want to use spacers. so I am still looking for info on fitment of these tires.