DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-27-2012, 08:14 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black on Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:47
gusman is on a distinguished road

so theyre trying to say a bug caused that MASSIVE chip under the headlight? Whatd you hit a pterodactyl? Not a snowballs chance in hell a bug could cause that... hope you get it resolved thats bs
Old 07-27-2012, 09:38 AM

Vehicle: 2012 2500 Mega 4x4 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Rep:73
Bikenut will become famous soon enough

I'm somewhat skeptical......

Retro-Soutions 55W HIDs - Firestone 5K Airbags -
18" Magnaflow - integrated electric tailgate lock and EZ-Down kit - Cabin air filter retrofit - $79 Catch Can - KORE leveling kit and Bilsteins front and rear
Old 07-29-2012, 02:32 PM

Vehicle: 2014 ram sport crewcab rambox
Color: black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:363
crusher is just really nicecrusher is just really nicecrusher is just really nicecrusher is just really nice

they say its a outside damage that cause it and not bad paint quality but my front drive side fender had a bubble in the paint cause by rust witch they covered it buy the warranty,.. so no paint problem,....thats bs
Old 07-22-2013, 06:51 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:167
rtkman has a spectacular aura aboutrtkman has a spectacular aura about

That is definitely a paint adhesion problem not caused by outside damage. Its normal to get chips. And likely that started as a chip BUT they should not peel from the chips. That is an adhesion problem. I've been in the body / paint business for 25ish years. I've seen it once or twice Avoid bugs from hitting your front bumper. That's a classic. LOL. Man some dealers have some real dumb ass's working for them.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:03 PM

Vehicle: 2010 4.7l v8 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:160
Astartes has a spectacular aura aboutAstartes has a spectacular aura about

Good ol Chrysler. Lol.
Greater love has no one than this, that a man lay down his life for his brothers. -John 15:13

My Mods
Old 07-22-2013, 09:04 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:643
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

old thread........?????
Old 07-22-2013, 11:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Rep:23
Ramona2012 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edd5 View Post
Here in sunny Florida we get twice yearly infestations of "love bugs" so called because you always see them attached in pairs with the larger female dragging the male around by the.... well you get the picture. These bugs are perversely attracted by carbon monoxide and tend to hang around roads. When you get them squished on your paint you need to remove them right away or they will eat pits into the paint due to being acidic. I have had several cars get bug pits in painted bumpers. This is why I ordered my truck with chrome steel bumpers. This sort of "environmental hazard" is not covered by the warranty sad to say. At any rate pits are not the same as peeling sheets. What you are describing can only be a defect caused by bad paint or improper prep. I think that they owe you a repaint on the bumpers at a minimum.
I don't think your truck is equipped with "chrome steel bumpers." On my 2012 Laramie, the Build Sheet says "Bright Front Bumper" and "Bright Rear Bumper." No mention of chrome. It does says my wheels are chrome clad, as are my door handles, shift knob, and exterior mirrors. But my bumpers, grille and exhaust tips are only referred to as "bright." Actually, for the grille it says "Bright/Bright Grille," LOL.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:22 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

This guy punked you all more than a year ago and did the runner.....

Grub out!
Old 07-23-2013, 12:28 PM

Vehicle: 2014 ram 1500 quad slt 4x2 b/h
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:40
Yankee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike188 View Post
I'm curious to know if anyone else has had this problem. I bought a 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 with the painted front and rear bumpers. Within a month of owningthe truck the paint of the front bumper started peeling off in big sheets. It seemed pretty obvious to me that there was some kind of a defect with the paint.

I called Dodge and they told me to take it to a Dodge dealership and have them look at it. I took it to the local dealer and the service department looked at it and took some pictures and told me that it may not be covered by the warranty. I asked them why and they said it was because I got bugs on the paint and that bugs are acidic and that is what caused my paint to peel and therefore more than likely it's just my problem and that I shold try to avoid bugs.

I told him this was the craziest thing I have ever heard of that there is no way I could drive down the road and avoid bugs. I was mad so I drove up to the front lot and asked one of the salesmen to come out and look at it. I explained to him what the service dept had just told me and he was shocked and said that was the craziest thing he had ever heard also. He cols see I was pretty mad so he had the sales manager come out and look at it. The sales manager came out and told me the whole bug theiry was bullshit and that my paint peeling was an abvious defect that should be repaired.

I went into his office and he called back to the service dept and they got into a heted argument about my bumper. Her then called the body shop and asked if my truck could go directly there and just bypass the service dept all together. They informed him that everything has to go through the service dept and then be approved by Dodge to see if they will honor the warranty or not. I guess this is something new.

They said the best that I could expect was a call from Dodge within a couple days. That was a few weeks ago and they haven't called me. I have called them a few times trying to get an answer and they won't give me one or return my calls.

It's starting to look like I'm stuck with severely peeling paint because I got bugs on the truck. Has anyone else had this problem?
Not with DODGE, but with another make i had a few years back when the geniuses said i lived too close to the ocean back then, and i should wash it more often after i take it to the beach. theres a mechanism for "kicking it upstairs", and you should avail yourself of it...it takes it out of the hands of the dealership entirely..not to be cynical, but theyre counting on reactions just like "I guess Im stuck with it"......if you get stuck with it, its because you LET yourself get stuck with it...good luck....
Old 07-24-2013, 01:24 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:643
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

op.. how did you make out with this problem.