DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-24-2013, 12:12 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mids View Post
Sadly, what Pep Boys is selling as the Mini JCASE, is littlefuse LJCA020.XP, which is a LP JCASE. The LP JCASE data sheet on littlefuse, shows them as appearing being dimensionally larger, than the measured fuse above. 12x10x16 vs. 10x6x14.

LP JCASE data sheet.
http://www.littelfuse.com/products/f...E_58vFuses.pdf

CarQiest will not show parts at my location. Can someone with a location which shows inventory, please tell me the part number, for the 20A CarQuest is selling?

Sure, there's 16 in stock at my local CQ

4408 WILLIAMSBURG RD
RICHMOND, VA 23231
(804) 222-1059

Hope this helped.

Grub out!
Old 07-24-2013, 12:13 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

JCAS20BP is the PN.

Grub out!
Old 07-24-2013, 12:18 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Just a few quick places I found that may work for you?

http://www.amazon.com/Gino-Pacific-A.../dp/B00A0ICQVI

http://theelectricaldepot.com/index....roducts_id=170

http://www.nationalbusparts.com/FUSE...ILE-P6595.aspx
Old 07-24-2013, 12:18 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: Ram
Rep:7
ExpensiveToys is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you contact your local ford dealership by chance? Ford calls them Maxi fuses, or cartridge fuses. The eco boosts tend to blow those fuses which means usually the ford dealers stock them. Ask if they had have a blue 20 amp low profile cartridge fuse in stock. (I think that one in the photo is a low profile or LP J-case fuse) If they say no, try taking the fuse into the parts desk. I bet they have them.

Oh, almost forgot to mention. That under the bussman brand (what autozone carries) they are known as FMX fuses. So if you ask them for Jcase they won't find it in their inventory. Bussman part number should be BP-FMX-20LP-R. Technically these are fusible links so some auto parts store's won't show them it they look up fuses but will if they look up fusible links.

Last edited by ExpensiveToys; 07-24-2013 at 12:33 AM.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:40 AM

Vehicle: 2013 ram 1500
Rep:73
mids will become famous soon enough

I used the cals, just as an easy way of showing dimensions. There are many fuses out there, which appear similar, yet are larger dimensionally. Today alone, I have come across 3 different fuses at local parts stores, that looked to be a similar size on the shelf, however, when observed side by side, were found to be of a significantly larger dimension.

Am I missing something here? Do the dimensionally larger fuses that I keep coming across, somehow fit? Are the multiple dealer parts departments
I contacted by phone or visited, all giving me the run around, about the fuse being back ordered with no ETA available? I am honestly at a loss.

If this fuse is a regular item around you, I sure wish I was located where you are. We burned up half of a 32gal tank of gas driving around today, just trying to find these fuses, with no luck.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:05 AM

For FMX/JCASE fuses there is a low profile and regular size version. Connection is the same but different is height. Have had to replace them before and have been a locally stocked item at the local autozone. The regular size (longer ones) tend to be more common as were used in vehicles from around 1998 to 2008, while the lower profile ones (shorter) are in new vehicles.

There a autozone near by? try looking up part number BP-FMX-20LP-R on their website and see if they have it in stock.

That should be the right fuse. I believe the carquest part is LJCAS20
Old 07-24-2013, 01:13 AM

Hmm, I may have come up with why I am seeing the size difference, and having such a problem locating these fuses. These might in fact be MCASE fuses.

The MCASE fuse, appears to be externally much closer dimensionally in size. I am going to have to mic this fuse out a little more with the calipers to confirm.

http://www.littelfuse.com/products/f...CASE_Fuses.pdf

You can see the size differences on page 2 of the pdf.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:33 AM

Confirmed, she is an MCASE.

http://www.littelfuse.com/products/f...95/695020.aspx

This fuse seems to be extremely hard to find. I will be hoping, that MoparOnlineParts.com can come through for me.

Last edited by mids; 07-24-2013 at 02:49 AM.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mids View Post
Confirmed, she is an MCASE.

http://www.littelfuse.com/products/f...95/695020.aspx

This fuse seems to be extremely hard to find. I will be hoping, that MoparOnlineParts.com can come through for me.
Its not an MCASE, called and talked to my friend at parts desk this morning he checked on the fuses. There is quite a bit of variation in width of the fuses as they can be within a range, as only hard thing is the spec is the width and separation of the terminals. He has some with the dimples on the sides and some with flat sides under same part number. Best of luck getting part from moparonlineparts.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:34 PM

Could RAM just not be calling it an MCASE? The measurements I took, and the datasheet dimebsions for the Littlefuse MCASE, are just too close not to match up, while all of the various Littlefuse JCASE versions, are a good amount larger in at least one dimension.