DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-22-2013, 03:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
IBEWSteve is on a distinguished road
Default AMP suggestions for 2 SA 12s

I have decided to go with NetAudio's dual 12" sealed enclosure for my 2012 Crew Cab. Since I should gain the ability to fold the back seats down, I should have a few inches to play with back there (thats what she said...)

I think I am going to get the D4s and wire them down to 1ohm, so what AMP should I get? I am looking for SQ more than Db, granted, this is going to be very loud. I know they're rated at 600 rms but that does them no justice. I don't think I need to go nuts, but would 1000w per sub be solid? Please, all opinions and setups welcome. Whatever I go with, I will post some pics and vids when I am done.

I've got the Alpine system, so I will be keeping the HU and getting rid of their sub. Do I need any special wiring to connect to my HU, like a line converter or anything?

I am looking at about $1000-$1200 budget. Ive got the box lined up for around $350, the 2 subs totaling around $400 so I've got a few hundred more. I should be able to just run a 4gauge wiring kit too, yea?
Sponsored links
Old 07-23-2013, 11:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Express
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Rep:92
Graygoose will become famous soon enough

So $1200 total, and you've spent $750? Why not get two DVC 2's and get a 2 ohm amp, easier on electrical.

2011 White Ram Express, KMC Slides, Nitto 420s 22's,Extang Trifecta, GF leveling kit, KICKER sound system,CodeAlarm remote start, '13 Retroshop Headlights and Tail lights, Bedrug, MGP Caliper covers, LED reverse lights, AAC interior LED and licence plate LEDs, BT Catch Can,Weathertech mats
Old 07-23-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graygoose View Post
So $1200 total, and you've spent $750? Why not get two DVC 2's and get a 2 ohm amp, easier on electrical.
I am not familiar with what a DVC 2 is, can you explain a little more? I havent bought anything yet, just breaking it all out by price since I know $1200 is the high side of my budget. I haven't settled on the D4 or D2 for the Sundown SAs. Would there be a noticeable difference between the 1ohm setup on the D4s vs the 2 ohm setup on the D2s? Ohm level would determine a needed amp size too. Everytime I feel like I finally got all the answers, they just keep coming. I can't wait till I get it all setup- I appreciate everyone's help!
Old 07-23-2013, 12:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Express
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Rep:92
Graygoose will become famous soon enough

DVC is dual voice coil, 2 ohm versions, they will sound the same as DVC 4's, for a 1 ohm final load...just if you get two DVC 2's, you have a final impedance of 2 ohm versus 1 ohm, no change in sound, just easier on your electrical.

2011 White Ram Express, KMC Slides, Nitto 420s 22's,Extang Trifecta, GF leveling kit, KICKER sound system,CodeAlarm remote start, '13 Retroshop Headlights and Tail lights, Bedrug, MGP Caliper covers, LED reverse lights, AAC interior LED and licence plate LEDs, BT Catch Can,Weathertech mats
Old 07-24-2013, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graygoose View Post
DVC is dual voice coil, 2 ohm versions, they will sound the same as DVC 4's, for a 1 ohm final load...just if you get two DVC 2's, you have a final impedance of 2 ohm versus 1 ohm, no change in sound, just easier on your electrical.
Any suggestions for a 2ohm amp? I know the SAs are rated at 600Rms a piece, but can handle more. Should I just get a 1200 and call it a day, or should I do them justice and go 1500, 2000 etc...

Do I need any special wiring kit for this or can I just use the 4gauge? I am going to utilize the existing HU too so I didn't know if I needed a line converter or anything similar.