DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-20-2013, 08:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Trim Level: SRT8
Color: Black
Rep:59
12sport will become famous soon enough
Default Kicker Upgrade Speaker Discovery

So I got sick of the flat/muddy sounding "premium" Alpine system and decided to order up the Kicker speaker packages. The front one was simple enough 77KICK42 gets you the two 6x9 woofers for the front doors and the 3 2-way mids for the dash.

What I found odd was the suggested rear speaker pack that replaced the 6x9's in the rear doors with the 3-way 6x9s while doing nothing about the rear headliner tweeters..... Enter the 77KICK28AB: This gets you a set of 6x9 woofers for the rear doors (identical to the ones in the front) AND a set of 1" dome tweeters for the headliner. I DID have to do some trimming on the mounting plates for the tweeters to fit in the headliner - this was done in under a minute with tin snips.

It sounds great!

Now.. Anyone here running the MTX Thunderform quad-cab 2x10" under-seat enclosure?
Sponsored links
Old 07-16-2013, 03:46 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black and Tan
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Leveil22 is on a distinguished road

How do you like them?
Old 07-16-2013, 04:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Express
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Rep:92
Graygoose will become famous soon enough

I actually work for Kicker, and hope you like the kit. We have a powered 10" sub that fits for those as well.

2011 White Ram Express, KMC Slides, Nitto 420s 22's,Extang Trifecta, GF leveling kit, KICKER sound system,CodeAlarm remote start, '13 Retroshop Headlights and Tail lights, Bedrug, MGP Caliper covers, LED reverse lights, AAC interior LED and licence plate LEDs, BT Catch Can,Weathertech mats
Old 07-17-2013, 04:39 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram CC 4x4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Sagebrush
Rep:87
kkreit01 will become famous soon enough

I should have gone this route vs. adding my own afermarket amp/speakers. It gets real messy and expensive in a hurry. It's easy enough to integrate an amp+sub, but trying to find a full-range signal is worse than pulling teeth.

It's somewhat ironic that Kicker would be a signicant improvement over "Alpine". In the pure aftermarket world, they are about equal (or Alpine slightly better in some cases). I think the OE system should be labeled Boss, Dual, or Sparkomatic, because that's what it sounds like.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:38 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Rep:512
shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graygoose View Post
I actually work for Kicker, and hope you like the kit. We have a powered 10" sub that fits for those as well.
Well y'all have for a LOT of my money over the years. And some more here soon. Lol. You wouldn't have been in Tulsa a couple months ago were ya? I seen a truck VERY similar to yours near the drag strip between ttown and owasso! It was when they gave away a bunch of free tickets.

Speaking of which I need to take my truck some time and run it...
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s, Sundown SA8v2, Kicker ZX750.1,BT 964SP, Smoked Tails, 'Dipped 22" Boss 329 on Falken 305/40s, and some LEDs...

RIP- 06 Ram NightRunner QC
Old 07-24-2013, 12:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnu View Post
Well y'all have for a LOT of my money over the years. And some more here soon. Lol. You wouldn't have been in Tulsa a couple months ago were ya? I seen a truck VERY similar to yours near the drag strip between ttown and owasso! It was when they gave away a bunch of free tickets.

Speaking of which I need to take my truck some time and run it...
Yes i make runs over there occationally, we run in tulsa ( race car, not my truck) at tulsa raceway often.

2011 White Ram Express, KMC Slides, Nitto 420s 22's,Extang Trifecta, GF leveling kit, KICKER sound system,CodeAlarm remote start, '13 Retroshop Headlights and Tail lights, Bedrug, MGP Caliper covers, LED reverse lights, AAC interior LED and licence plate LEDs, BT Catch Can,Weathertech mats
Old 07-24-2013, 12:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkreit01 View Post
I should have gone this route vs. adding my own afermarket amp/speakers. It gets real messy and expensive in a hurry. It's easy enough to integrate an amp+sub, but trying to find a full-range signal is worse than pulling teeth.

It's somewhat ironic that Kicker would be a signicant improvement over "Alpine". In the pure aftermarket world, they are about equal (or Alpine slightly better in some cases). I think the OE system should be labeled Boss, Dual, or Sparkomatic, because that's what it sounds like.
The Alpine is an 8" sub, low powered and tuned high, while the Kicker is a 200 w 10" sub, significant increase in lowend.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:04 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Rep:512
shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light

Almost anything OEM is going to be tuned to be on the safe side, does it sound good for factory? I think so, but I'd save the money and do it myself and sound better.

I'm 99.99% sure it was you, I was checkin your truck out and my GF was like c'mon!!! Stop being a creeper!!

Anyway, nice truck bro!!
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s, Sundown SA8v2, Kicker ZX750.1,BT 964SP, Smoked Tails, 'Dipped 22" Boss 329 on Falken 305/40s, and some LEDs...

RIP- 06 Ram NightRunner QC
Old 07-24-2013, 09:47 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black and Tan
Rep:10
Leveil22 is on a distinguished road

Anyone do the kicker factory amp upgrade
Old 07-25-2013, 11:33 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnu View Post
Almost anything OEM is going to be tuned to be on the safe side, does it sound good for factory? I think so, but I'd save the money and do it myself and sound better.

I'm 99.99% sure it was you, I was checkin your truck out and my GF was like c'mon!!! Stop being a creeper!!

Anyway, nice truck bro!!
thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leveil22 View Post
Anyone do the kicker factory amp upgrade
Everyone that has, LOVES the upgrade, its really a 1 hour install....plug and play, doesnt disrupt the CANBUS at all...