DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Drag Racing Discussion

Notices

Drag Racing Discussion Post your questions and info about how to best get these beasts down the 1320!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:514
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkknight3829 View Post
Oh yea haha shipping plus labor would kill you. Didnt take that into consideration. Since the mopar dealership is here I can just pick it up an do the install myself when i get around to getting myself the 4.10's.

Wow i was never introduced to this before. Am i seeing this right. 2500$? Or does the performance shop your going to already have this? That is pretty cool. I didnt know of this program.
Oh I could swap the entire axle over myself,shipping it here would be +$500 though, but that's just the Rear
There is no such thing as a Mopar Front 4.10 axle for a 1500 Ram. So I would still have to buy aftermarket, and pay someone to swap the R&P up front for my 4x4.

I'm going to bite the bullet and go with 4.56's and a True Trac... Go Big or Go Home!
No use going half assed now, I want to be a street killer too, not just at the track.
Need to make a few passes with my new headers first though, will look into the gear swap mid summer when its too hot for racing.
Then I'll be back to the track in fall to destroy the competition.

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 04-10-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:45 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Color: Gloss Black
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:141
Darkknight3829 will become famous soon enoughDarkknight3829 will become famous soon enough

haha ok cool. cant wait to see it! where you gettin your trutrac from?
AirAid Intake System, PowerAid Throttle body spacer, SuperChips Flashpaq, Edge RacingTorque Converter, Straight Through Exhaust, Mechanical fan delete, ATI Super Damper, MT Street ET Drag Radial Tires
Old 04-10-2012, 10:10 AM

BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

In order to get gears,lockers and labor all under warranty it has to come from the same local shop,supplier.

otherwise if there's a massive failure no one would claim the failure was their fault while your stranded with a broke-ass truck.

I've dealt with two local supplier/installers for many of my Jeeps,
will be shopping them against each other for the best deal.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:56 AM

Darkknight3829 will become famous soon enoughDarkknight3829 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRamHemi View Post
In order to get gears,lockers and labor all under warranty it has to come from the same local shop,supplier.

otherwise if there's a massive failure no one would claim the failure was their fault while your stranded with a broke-ass truck.

I've dealt with two local supplier/installers for many of my Jeeps,
will be shopping them against each other for the best deal.
Yea your right.

Thats why you have to always keep your original parts!!

It breaks put your 3.55 gears back on. Of course 1800$ is NOT easy to swallow. So getting it covered under warranty may be a good route. just a lot more $$$ but worth it IF and only IF it breaks.
AirAid Intake System, PowerAid Throttle body spacer, SuperChips Flashpaq, Edge RacingTorque Converter, Straight Through Exhaust, Mechanical fan delete, ATI Super Damper, MT Street ET Drag Radial Tires
Old 04-10-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkknight3829 View Post
Yea your right.

Thats why you have to always keep your original parts!!

It breaks put your 3.55 gears back on. Of course 1800$ is NOT easy to swallow. So getting it covered under warranty may be a good route. just a lot more $$$ but worth it IF and only IF it breaks.

No, you dont keep the 3.55's and reinstall them if something breaks

I meant the warranty on the new gears/locker (usually 12 -24 months) and the shops installation warranty.

Not the Dodge factory warranty, if my engine blows or my power windows stop working, that's covered by Chrysler
aftermarket part failures fall under their own warranty (lift kits, drop kits, Magnaflow CatBacks ....etc , and Yes gears/lockers too

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 04-10-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:20 AM

The rear end is from Mopar. You shouldnt have to worry about warranty. It should be indestructible!

Haha. I understand what your saying.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:46 AM

We're not talking apples to apples here,
You asked where I'm getting my TrueTrac

When I say I'm going to a "local shop" for ALL the parts/labor
I meant a specialty performance gear supplier/installer ...not a Dodge Dealer. Mopar is out of the question at this point for me.

I would be getting a non factory Detroit TrueTrac and likely Yukon Gear sets, 4.56's and master install kits, Front and Rear.

I have to have the same shop that supplies the parts to do the installation.

If there is a failure shortly after installing it all and I shear a couple teeth off the pinion, it gets into the helical gears of the TrueTrac.
There's a huge finger pointing session between the Gear supplier, Eaton (the TruTRack supplier) and the Shop that did the actual install,
if all three are sourced from different outlets.

I once blew a rear diff on a Jeep with Motive 4.56's and an ARB Air Locker.
Traced it what I thought was a weak pinion, sheared 3 teeth off. But try to prove it.....no way

Trouble was I bought the ARB from one supplier, the gears from another to save a few bucks, the install was a third shop.

All three would point to the other if I tried to get it repaired under warranty.

So I ended up getting all replacements ordered and installed from the same shop,
and they said if it breaks again within a year its ALL covered.
Same shop supplies and installs or not at all from now on, lesson learned.

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 04-10-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:53 AM

OK ok im on track with it now. I was under the impression we were talking about getting your gears from mopar and your trutrack from somewhere else. And having a shop do the work. But i follow you now. Thats pretty good you found everything at one shop. I cant wait to see how you do in the 1/4 mile. compared to your 3.55 gears.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:54 AM

I was just making a joke about mopar if you had gone with their 4.10 gears lol
Old 07-25-2013, 12:55 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:512
shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light

Any updates on the gear swap??
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s, Sundown SA8v2, Kicker ZX750.1,BT 964SP, Smoked Tails, 'Dipped 22" Boss 329 on Falken 305/40s, and some LEDs...

RIP- 06 Ram NightRunner QC