DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-17-2013, 07:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1997 2500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 1996-1998 359ci (5.9L) Cummins 12-valve Diesel I6 215hp 440lb/ft(manual), 180hp 420lb/ft(auto)
Rep:17
Speedbeetle is on a distinguished road

I've been curious about them. This is probably the dumbest question, but do they actually have nicotine in them? How does that work? I've been chewing Copenhagen for three years so they probably won't do a thing for me. Every now and then a cig does sounds nice though.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3872
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Best explaination I've found on them is -

http://www.howstuffworks.com/innovat...-cigarette.htm

Grub out!
Old 07-17-2013, 07:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1997 2500
Color: Red
Engine: 1996-1998 359ci (5.9L) Cummins 12-valve Diesel I6 215hp 440lb/ft(manual), 180hp 420lb/ft(auto)
Rep:17
Speedbeetle is on a distinguished road

Interesting. They probably don't hit as hard a regular cigarettes, or do they?
Old 07-17-2013, 11:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:22
guru1ofatl is on a distinguished road

Use an Ego-T with clearomizer and have been of analogs for about 5 months now and don't miss them. You have to be ready to quit and you have to research ecigs beforehand. There are different nicotine levels available. I smoke a pack a day for 25 years and found 24mg too high and would make me dizzy with headaches. The 14mg worked perfect and allowed me to gradually drop down to 0mg.

If anyone has any questions or wants to learn from my experience let me know and I will gladly help. Best thing I have done for myself in a long time.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:19 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Sport 4x4
Trim Level: Sport 4x4 SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:26
Crobber is on a distinguished road

I ended up buying a larger e-cig from a local business intown who makes there own. The difference was like night and day.

With just the first strike you realize how great of a difference these two products are from one another.
The flavoring was eye opening. It showed me how little I was getting from the blu cigs. Then comes the smoke. It produced double. (Which at times does seem to be a bit much)
There is no prepping the cig to start it off. Just hold the button and begin.
Also my particular one has a on off feature. I never turn mine off so the led stays on and it will go to sleep mode when not in use. But with all that the battery has lasted 24 hours without needing a recharge. (Thats about 500-600 strikes, my cig has a counter)
The storage holds about 300 strikes worth. Its enough to get any regular user through the day.

I will get a photo up soon enough. I just have class in half an hour.

This unit costs 25 bucks. (Shocked me because I got to demo my friends for a day and was ready to put diwn the 60-80 I seen some go for) it doesn't hsve the adjustable voltage like some others but I think it is pre set at 3 if I recall.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:27 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Ram 1500 quadcab 2wd
Color: tan
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:65
elinmon1976 will become famous soon enough

I don't know if you can get them anymore but I liked the ones called mystic. But, it ain't the nicotine I crave....so back to Marlboros :-)

1998 Ram Reg Cab, 5.2 auto 2x4
Flowmasters to make her rumble...LOL
Old 07-26-2013, 12:07 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3872
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crobber View Post

I will get a photo up soon enough. I just have class in half an hour.
No pics yet after 9 days?

That's one long ass class!

Grub out!
Old 07-26-2013, 12:29 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Tradesman
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:26
toober is on a distinguished road

You can alter the amount of nicotine you smoke in e-cigs until you are completely down to 0mg. Most people start off with the sub-par models at gas stations and wallymart and walngreens. Those in the know go to the electronic cigarette forums online (do a quick search, you'll find it easy) and there is more info than you ever wanted to know there plus hundreds of suppliers of MUCH better e-cigs and hundreds of flavors. Most start with tobacco flavors since it is most familiar but over half the people quickly realize the other flavors are much more enjoyable (watermelon, pina colada, add a drop of menthol to any flavor). Different' brands and strengths have different throat hits. Most flavors use cooking extracts (flavors from cake section) plus pg and/or vg for filler and vapor. PG is Propylene Glycol is an ingredient in some inhalers and vg is Vegetable Glycerin found in your grocery store. The few people that have reactions to e-cigs is because of the PG. Simply order flavors made with only VG. The forums provide huge support if things don't seem to go well for you, they will get you through it. Take a slower longer drag and the better e-cigs actually have a button switch you press, but it's something you prefer over the auto-switch ones once you gain experience. Start with an Ego model, it has become a standard.