DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-13-2013, 10:13 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 power wagon 2500 loaded
Trim Level: crew cab loaded
Color: black
Engine: 2010-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 383hp 400lb/ft (2500/3500)
Rep:80
dwanton will become famous soon enough

I havent bought or used a CD for music in over 10 years I bet .

I would guess that it would be expensive to add a factory remote CD player . wonder if they make an external CD player that connects by USB or the auxilary port - heck , I dont even know if they make external CD payers anymore ?

$47000 you would think they would of ordered you one just for buying the truck .

new car manufacturers are pushing us to be more modern.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: Ram Laramie 2013
Trim Level: Long Horn
Color: western brown
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
truckme is on a distinguished road
Default No cd player

Good Job Ram!! You have got to be kidding me, 19 speakers and no CD player. Well, I must say, DUMN and you can finish the rest... I just bought my 2013 Long Horn, and listened to the Salesman tell me it had every bell and whistle nothing needed.. Huh!! I got the truck home $63,000 later and woke up in the morning, was going to go for a ride and could not figure out the CD player.. Looked in the owners manual and Wooh!! There is no CD player... Needless to say nice truck and looks good, but... I took it back for a refund.. Got to have my CD player.. Keep Trying Ram.. I will stick to my Chevy's.. Looks like they got the brains...
Old 07-28-2013, 03:45 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: SLT Lonestar Edition
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:257
HemiLonestar is a jewel in the roughHemiLonestar is a jewel in the roughHemiLonestar is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to HemiLonestar Send a message via MSN to HemiLonestar Send a message via Yahoo to HemiLonestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckme View Post
Good Job Ram!! You have got to be kidding me, 19 speakers and no CD player. Well, I must say, DUMN and you can finish the rest... I just bought my 2013 Long Horn, and listened to the Salesman tell me it had every bell and whistle nothing needed.. Huh!! I got the truck home $63,000 later and woke up in the morning, was going to go for a ride and could not figure out the CD player.. Looked in the owners manual and Wooh!! There is no CD player... Needless to say nice truck and looks good, but... I took it back for a refund.. Got to have my CD player.. Keep Trying Ram.. I will stick to my Chevy's.. Looks like they got the brains...
So you joined just to bitch about not having a cd player AND returned the truck JUST for that reason? Troll.....

I haven't used my cd player since I adapted my mp3 player to it.

"Big Red"
2003 Ram 1500 QC Hemi Lonestar Edition (Mods list in profile)
2006 Charger R/T
Sarcasm - it beats killing people
Old 07-28-2013, 03:52 PM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1189
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

Quote:
If something like that keeps you out of the brand, sorry for you. I hope you have better luck with whatever your next choice is.

CD players are going the way of the dodo. I am kinda peeved about the fact that I cant find a surround sound/home theater system anywhere that doesnt have a damn blu-ray player integrated into it. So I built one. I already had a stand alone blu-ray, so I bought a kenwood reciever, and 4 bose 301 speakers off craigslist, as well as a sub.

Having said that, a 2k speaker system is far from a 60k truck, but why would they put antiquated equipment in a new vehicle? CD's made their first debut in the mid 80's IIRC, and their debut in cars in the early 90's. I had a 1990 Lexus that had a CD player. With that in mind, that would make the technology at least 23 years old.

Lincoln's had Record players as an option in the late 60's...but in the late 80's (20 years later) we were using cassettes. Record players in cars were obsolete and not used. Times change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandchef View Post
I feel for you but I think most vehicles are going in that direction. Personally I've used my CD player once in the 1 1/2 years I've owned the truck and I could have lived without that.
Ditto, I have never used mine. I put a DVD in it once to make sure it worked. Other than that, its an Ipod or the HDD for me.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Old 07-28-2013, 04:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie 8spd Hemi
Color: Prairie Pearl
staples is on a distinguished road

Had a 6 disk in my last car which I never used. New truck doesnt have it either and I could care less. Ipod or phone for pandora
Old 07-28-2013, 06:49 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Laramie 4x4 CC
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White w/silver trim
Rep:63
TRCM will become famous soon enough

Well, no CD slot means no movies for the kids...mine uses the same CD slot of all of it
Old 07-28-2013, 10:42 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

i put an 8 track player in my first car. some of us old guys still have flip open phones and could use the cd player. don't have a clue about streaming or that "new fangle stuff"
Old 07-29-2013, 12:48 PM
Conventional Eccentric

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Rep:220
highlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Needless to say nice truck and looks good, but... I took it back for a refund.. Got to have my CD player.. Keep Trying Ram.. I will stick to my Chevy's.. Looks like they got the brains...
Right...and you returned your last computer because it didn't have a floppy disk TROLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyofOne View Post
CD players are going the way of the dodo. I am kinda peeved about the fact that I cant find a surround sound/home theater system anywhere that doesnt have a damn blu-ray player integrated into it.
I hear you! Blu-ray does look great but since the movies are mostly for my kids I'm much happier with streaming. Maybe if I wanted to spend $100k + on an in home movie theatre it would be different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRCM View Post
Well, no CD slot means no movies for the kids...mine uses the same CD slot of all of it
DVD is an available option as it has always been, but I dumped the idea of in car DVD for iPads long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntergreen View Post
i put an 8 track player in my first car. some of us old guys still have flip open phones and could use the cd player. don't have a clue about streaming or that "new fangle stuff"
There is always new stuff. Right now we can take an entire music collection with us on an iPod or thumb drive. Some systems allow you to load your music on an internal hard drive. Personally I think in a few years that will seem quaint. With more and more cloud connections I think we'll expect to just stream our music where ever we are without actually needing to "carry" it in a device.

Disclaimer: I'm getting old and my opinions will reflect that fact!
Old 07-29-2013, 01:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: sport
Color: red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
CanuckShooter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Don't buy a Chevy that has frame beaming....you won't like it too much. ;-)
And you get to buy new hubs for it all the time, get the windows fixed, etc etc etc. Best truck to nickle and dime you to death is a Chevy, I learned my lesson the hard way.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:13 PM
Misses the Champ.

Vehicle: 2012 1500 reg. cab 4x4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3248
PaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntergreen View Post
HAHA! I'm with you, hunter. I'll do you one better though. I do not or have ever owned a cell phone! I like my CD player. Use it all the time. That being said, I HAVE used my wife's cell to connect my radio to the ipod.
All that being said, I would never trade in a beautiful new Laramie truck for the lack of a CD player, as the OP did!!