DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 3.6 Liter Pentastar V6

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 3.6 Liter Pentastar V6 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 3.6-liter V6 engine - 305 horsepower, 265 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-21-2013, 06:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Western Brown
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:33
blackrain86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsquid View Post
I want to get a hard tonneau cover. Trying to decide between the Tonno Pro Hard and the Bak Flip VP. Any opinion?
I am a soft roll-up tonneau guy. I like the ability to just roll it up and use the whole bed without taking the cover off. The flips don't allow me to see out the back window when all are flipped up. That is just me though.

BTW I just got my V6 Outdoorsman a few days ago. Love it!
Old 04-21-2013, 07:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: Looking at 2013 Ram 1500
Rep:10
xmanofsteel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrain86 View Post
I am a soft roll-up tonneau guy. I like the ability to just roll it up and use the whole bed without taking the cover off. The flips don't allow me to see out the back window when all are flipped up. That is just me though.

BTW I just got my V6 Outdoorsman a few days ago. Love it!
If you don't have the rambox, the extang encore looks pretty good for a flip cover and it doesn't cover the back window and comes off in seconds without removing any clamps or anything. It's actually the one I wanted, but they don't make it for the rambox
Old 06-16-2013, 02:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 V6 8 Speed
Trim Level: SLT LoneStar PKG
Color: Maximum Steel
Rep:15
DodgeBoy4Life is on a distinguished road
Default My New V6 8 Speed Lone Star Package

I just picked mine up after the bedliner install. The Lone Star Package came with a lot of extras. It drives smooth and is similar to my Charger Rallye Plus that I traded in as far as performance. I am debating on whether to dual it out though or just delete the resonator. I just installed a high flow drop in air filter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013 ram 1500 lone star edition.jpg (120.5 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by DodgeBoy4Life; 06-16-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4X4 Crewcab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Cherry Red Pearl
Rep:43
LabattZ is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Picked my new 2013 Pentastar Bighorn Crew 4x4 up on Sat.

My review would pretty much echo wedoo2's review.

I came from an Audi A4 w/ the 2.8L v6 & quattro. This Pentastar has puh-lenty of power. She's only got 110mi on it so I'm trying to break 'er in gently, but hopping on the i5 onramp is fun and easy.

Not sure I'll be towing much for a little while, but i do feel confident that what I will be towing won't be taxing this driveline much. And with the 3.55, that confidence is even stronger.

I preferred the premium bench over the buckets and the console - the 6th seat will come in handy later on and no console really opens up the interior.

I'm 6'3", north of 270lb and I can comfortably sit behind my own seat. That's what sold me on the crewcab. 305hp & 23mpg is what sold me on the v6. The 8spd is just damn cool and smooth. Rotary shifter will definitely take a little getting used to. The gap in the engine bay isn't something I show off ..

I'm still in the Honeymoon stage with my truck, but I don't see myself falling out of love with it any time soon.

As for tonneau, I'm considering the Roll-X. I want to be able to access the majority of my bed when I need to, but I need the convenience of a rollup and the security of a hardtop. The encore looks nice, but I don't like the idea of not being able to look out my back window with it up.

I have a sliver of a window in my office... fortunately I'm able to park my truck where i can stare at 'er through that sliver. <3 My Ram
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ram front.jpg (122.8 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg ram side.jpg (120.7 KB, 29 views)
Old 07-31-2013, 12:19 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 ram 1500
Trim Level: BIG HORN
Color: SILVER
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
grohs775 is on a distinguished road

I would get the 6er If I wasn't towing and had a flat commute..... Hemi with the 8 speed and 3.92's is what I ordered nd I get 9-10 litre per 100 km@110 km per hour....... The difference is only a few mpg's
Old 08-03-2013, 11:23 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deepwater Blue
Rep:127
Swaggerville Ram will become famous soon enoughSwaggerville Ram will become famous soon enough

9 or 10 L/100km. There is no way you average that with a hemi, especially driving 110. 8 speed or not it is just not happening. Mine with 3.92 will do 11 or 12L/100km @ 100km/h on a long stretch. At 110 it's more like 13 or 13.5. All around mixed driving average is more like 15.

"I don't care to hear what your ideas are, mine are better"
Old 08-05-2013, 06:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Color: White
Sbkireta is on a distinguished road

So I guess this is as good a place as any for my first post. I've been reading up a lot all over here learning up on my truck. It's been a few years since I've had a pickup so a lot of things have changed. I just got a CC V6 SLT with the Big Horn package, premium display, luxury group, anti-spin axel, spray in liner, rear camera and even the trailer brake control (though with the 3.21 not sure how much use it'll get) for 27,250. This truck has been great and so happy I picked it up. I had a Grand Cherokee before this and it's definitely a step up. The drive to work is pretty flat so my fuel costs have definitely come down some. The bench seat is super comfortable and might as well be buckets plus the wife and kid love it for trips with all the space. I'm sure I'll get some use out of the bench seat too when the family comes to visit. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who went for the V6. I don't haul horses or hay around for a living so I couldn't justify getting the V8. I have thought about checking out how much it would be to switch the 3.21 for a 3.55 but not sure if it would be worth it. Next up though will be a bed cover, running boards, and then maybe some mud guards. Even without all that though she's still the best looking thing in the parking lot. Glad to be a part of the RAM community.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:21 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Well I know it's not the ram but we just purchased a 2013 wrangler with the pentastar and 5 speed auto (I think it's the 545rfe/65rfe but might be wrong). We don't even have 100 miles on it I don't think but it's got plenty of power, comparable acceleration to my 2010 ram 4.7L with 3.55's(jeep has 3.21's). I don't know about WOT but regular driving the power is comparable. Trying not to romp on it with such low miles. MPG according to the computer is around 17 around town. We are very pleased with it after 2 days LOL.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:06 PM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM Big Horn 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:58
Spike will become famous soon enough

My wife's Avenger has the 3.6L, it hauls balls, is smooth as silk, and gets 30+ mpg.

I had it in a 4 door Wrangler with a lift and 33's, 3.73 gears, K&N and full cat back. I was dissapointed in the highway performance and the low end torque. I could barely hold 80mph and got 15mpg when I did. Granted, it was rated a few HP less than the trucks but was probalby about there with the mods.

So, with a leveling kit and aggressive tires, I wonder how well the V6 will do a highway speeds of 80mph...
Old 08-12-2013, 05:05 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

hm^ that's strange. We just took our wrangler up to my brother's house yesterday and got 20mpg avg. It was mostly 60mph-80mph highway. I tried to vary speed a lot as we only have under 300 miles on it. It has the stock wheels/tires(steel 16" wheels and 29" bicycle tires) and 3.21's though. I have found that it is very strong for a little v6. It's actually probably faster than my truck. According to google the wrangler with the 3.6L does 0-60 in something like 6.7 seconds. My truck is right at 7 seconds. That pisses me off LOL.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.