DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > 4.7L (287 cu in) PowerTech V8 Specific Topics

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 4.7l v8 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:160
Astartes has a spectacular aura aboutAstartes has a spectacular aura about

I did notice there was some water leaking out from behind the battery near the top of the engine bay towards the very back near the window.... I think its water... IT smelled odorless. I'd try to move the truck but it wont even shift to neutral, it literally does nothing
Greater love has no one than this, that a man lay down his life for his brothers. -John 15:13

My Mods
Old 08-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Help cure Paulzheimer's

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Cloaking
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1761
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

I got this one off ebay.

It's for an 05.

I forget when they started referring to it as a TIPM, but it's the main bux under the hood, should be left side near the battery.

DISCLAIMER
If you are offended easily don't click on my screen name
Old 08-04-2013, 11:49 AM

thanks warlock, i love you man, not gay... brotherly love LOL... look at this.... filled with water. Do all these little fuses need replaced or just dried? they're pretty soaked.

Greater love has no one than this, that a man lay down his life for his brothers. -John 15:13

My Mods
Old 08-04-2013, 11:54 AM
Help cure Paulzheimer's

Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future

I can't find one for a '10 but this is what I can find

It should come out by removing the pos (+) on the battery. I think it hasone retaining bolt and a slide clip/lock/groove on the bottom that holds it in place. Then the main harness unplugs.

DISCLAIMER
Old 08-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Help cure Paulzheimer's

If you have a test light you can test 'em by grounding the light, and test the little metal prong on the top of the fuse. if both sides don't make it light then it's a blown fuse.

I'd dry them out take a picture of their placement first, and steal the girl's hair dryer. (duh, you posted a picture...drool)

No problem..Ya big thilly

The black relays SHOULD be sealed but ya never know. The mini fuses are probably okay. The pinkish/yellow ones have a clear top that you should be able to see the lead connector. Visually inspect them for a break through the clear top.

I'd mainly be worried about water inside of it.

The grey plastic locking clip on the left of the photo (wire harness) might have to be released to remove the box and get all the water out. If you look at it you'll see the "C: groove in the catch and slide the clip that way to release it.

Just because we're the class clown doesn't mean we weren't listening

Oh yeah...that yellow gizmo is the fuse puller. One side for the mini fuses, the other for the 20/30 amp pink/yellow.

Read the diagram on the inside cover and see if there's a main. The turn signal could be water in the box, but check which fuse/relay controls it.

I'm going to open chat in the background in case you need anything else.

DISCLAIMER

Last edited by Warlock III; 08-04-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:53 PM
Help cure Paulzheimer's

http://www.gobookee.net/get_book.php...lORk9STUFUSU9O

FYI: any member's that's a 608 page owners manual for a 2010

DISCLAIMER

Last edited by Warlock III; 08-04-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:53 PM

My Mods
Old 08-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Help cure Paulzheimer's

Yeah the red clip in the middle is a lock on the small one and you have to lift the grey locks on the outer two.

The letter coding on the plugs would probably help, iffin i knowed how to read the squiggly lines.

DISCLAIMER

Last edited by Warlock III; 08-04-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:2008
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

Never ending problems with this truck eh? Almost makes me wanna swing over there and see what the heck is going on with this thing!

Chrome... in moderation.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:14 PM
Help cure Paulzheimer's

were in chat it was quicker

DISCLAIMER