DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 RAM Laramie LongHorn Mega
Trim Level: LaramieLongHorn Mega
Color: bright white
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 370hp 800lb/ft (6-Speed Automatic)
Rep:10
semlohde is on a distinguished road

I don't know the lemon laws. I've always thought the auto had to come in 3 times for the same problem. I know I am tired of it though. I've thought an attorney - like I can fight someone with 507 million a quarter profit!! That would be costly and more time consuming. And of course signed that form for what - litigation - if a problem. That can draw out forever also with the same "we're searching for a transmission". 2 weeks isn't horrible, its the we're searching that burns me up. Monday morning have a truck at the transmission plant. Load the next 68RFE produced and if it has problems everyone who signed the QC form is fired on the spot. Drive the tranny to my dealer and install it Tuesday. I'm thinking today of a YOUTUBE advertisement for RAM. That could back fire also ( as I have no idea how) and who would see it or even care. Call FOXNEWS - for what. I feel totally helpless and with my last communication going over a case manager to the VP, or expediting I'd like to think, the unlimited power train warranty was taken away - or lets say he didn't see that anywhere. He did call the dealer though and was told I bought the 5/100000 so maybe he saw his offer of 7/100000 max care wasn't that much more. Everyone is very nice and smiles and polite and making moderate offers but I've had enough we're searching. If they brought in a new one off another lot I wouldn't trust it. I'm tired of hearing myself whine also, thanks for your thoughts. It's a nice Sunday here in Memphis, ya'll load your truck and just ride with the family.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:40 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

wouldn't hurt to check your laws. mught also be a time limit on how long they can have your truck. should be no charge for an initial consult with a lawyer. shit happens, but this is over the top. no trans on a truck on their lot they can pull and put in your truck?
Old 08-04-2013, 12:58 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Maximum Steel
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:39
tev9999 is on a distinguished road

Looks like MS law allows lemon laws to be enacted if the vehicle is out of service for 15 days.

http://www.carlemon.com/lemon/MS_law.html

You can probably contact the state attorney general before looking at hiring a lawyer.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:13 PM

Vehicle: 2014 RAM Laramie LongHorn Mega
Trim Level: LaramieLongHorn Mega
Color: bright white
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 370hp 800lb/ft (6-Speed Automatic)
Rep:10
semlohde is on a distinguished road

THANKS for the law link... It also says, "The fifteen-day period may be extended by any period of time during which repair services are not available to the consumer because of conditions beyond the control of the manufacturer or its agent." So they could just say they don't have a transmission yet. I believe they will fix it, and I'm offered good concessions. Just how many times will I have to bring it in over and over? Here I go again - just get the tranny to the dealer and put it in!!! Hey, just 23 more days till the 27th ;-(
Old 08-04-2013, 05:59 PM

Vehicle: 2014 4x4 Regular Cab w/8ft bed
Trim Level: Tradesman 4x4
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:974
Gantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by semlohde View Post
THANKS for the law link... It also says, "The fifteen-day period may be extended by any period of time during which repair services are not available to the consumer because of conditions beyond the control of the manufacturer or its agent." So they could just say they don't have a transmission yet. I believe they will fix it, and I'm offered good concessions. Just how many times will I have to bring it in over and over? Here I go again - just get the tranny to the dealer and put it in!!! Hey, just 23 more days till the 27th ;-(
Well good luck brother and hope your dealership gets your Ram running right soon. The hurry up and wait ordeal is a killer for any patient man.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 1500
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3248
PaulMys has disabled reputation

This is starting to get ME pissed off! Get this man a tranny for his BRAND NEW truck and get it here YESTERDAY!! I work in the boating industry, and have seen entire engine/ outdrive assemblies OVER-NIGHTED because of new part failures. WTF is Chrysler doing here?
Old 08-04-2013, 07:26 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Express 3.6/8 speed auto
Trim Level: Express
Color: WHITE
Rep:902
oldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to behold

Two pieces 4' X 8' plywood side by side. Paint entire plywood NEON GREEN. Paint on the plywood with NEON DAYGLO ORANGE, "My new RAM truck should be sitting here. Please call (Dealers Name + phone#) and ask them why its not sitting here".
Place in front yard. Take picture, send to RAM CEO. Wait.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:19
constableal is on a distinguished road

call the local investigative reporter/consumer affairs television station in your area and explain your situation. A little negative TV attention will get your situation resolved..............quickly.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:42 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

i would have expected more from chrysler and your dealer. have an attorney call the dealer just to get the facts. might get things moving.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 1500
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3248
PaulMys has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhp View Post
Two pieces 4' X 8' plywood side by side. Paint entire plywood NEON GREEN. Paint on the plywood with NEON DAYGLO ORANGE, "My new RAM truck should be sitting here. Please call (Dealers Name + phone#) and ask them why its not sitting here".
Place in front yard. Take picture, send to RAM CEO. Wait.
Good idea. And charge the plywood & paint to Chrysler Corporate.