DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-07-2013, 12:44 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1534
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future
Default Random occurrence...I hope.

I stopped by the pet store to pick up dog food. I parked 25 feet from the doors, got out, and locked the doors and heard the horn and saw the lights flash. I wandered around the store for 15 minutes looking for the elusive and rare Purina Dog Chow. Couldn't find it. I finally found an employee. They brought me to an empty shelf. She did go in back and check. They were out.

I tell you this because I want to explain how long I was in the store. It was a solid 20 minutes. When I came out my truck's parking lights were on. I thought oh crap, the radio again. Then I got closer and it was running. I sat there for a few seconds thinking, knowing I parked here, why is someone else 's truck in my spot and running? I clicked unlock on my FOB. Turned the key to on and then off. The truck stopped running. I stepped back and locked it again with the FOB and waited. Nothing.

I must have double pressed the start button on the FOB by mistake. Anyone else do this? My auto start FOB in my last truck was impossible to start by accident. The button had pushed passed a threshold you could feel and held down with considerable pressure for it to start.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped HEMI Badge The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover
Sponsored links
Old 08-07-2013, 01:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 8sp longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Max Steel
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
MaxDane1 is on a distinguished road

This used to happen to me all the time with my 09, it would start at the most inconvenient times like when under the wife’s car or digging thru the garage or walking in a store. This wasn’t a random occurrence I always leaned on the keys or something would jab me in the keys like other keys cell phone etc supersensitive. The funniest/annoying part to this is I could never get the doors to unlock when it was raining/near auto opening doors even had to use the emergency key on a few occasions. The new truck has the prox key no problems so far (at least with the keys).
Old 08-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Rep:83
FeedMetal will become famous soon enough

if you auto started it doesnt it shut off after 10-15min of run time without the key?

hmmmm
Old 08-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black Gold Pearl
Rep:11
firemarshallvin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedMetal View Post
if you auto started it doesnt it shut off after 10-15min of run time without the key?

hmmmm
True, but maybe he didn't set it off until only 5min before he came out.....

Add-ons:
14" Magnaflow, BAK FiberMax Tonneau, Misc Whelen Emergency Lights and Switchpak.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Maximum Steel
Rep:39
tev9999 is on a distinguished road

I had the same thing happen at a friends house the day I bought my truck. Was sitting on their couch and saw my truck start up out front - thought someone was stealing it.

It does seem to be too easy to use the remote start. My GM car required you to press lock, then start twice on the FOB.

FWIW, it does have a low fuel override. If your gas tank light is on, it will start and then shut down a few seconds later. The EVIC shows a "low fuel override" message, so it should be impossible to burn all of your gas.