DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2014 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2014 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2014 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-07-2013, 01:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Jeep Wrangler
Trim Level: Sahara
Color: Steel Blue
Rep:92
spp will become famous soon enough

No problem. I understand.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:12 PM

Vehicle: 2014 ram 1500 quad slt 4x2 b/h
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:40
Yankee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by spp View Post
No problem. I understand.
good...please believe me, i was MORE than tempted to take you up on your kind offer......the dealer assured me I was getting what i ordered...but frankly i dont know EXACTLY what system he was looking at, and im not sure i'd believe any of them (people OR systems) at this point...moreover, he told me IF somehow it wound up an OUTDOORSMAN, i would get that at the price we agreed on, and that trimline costs more...having said that, and knowing full well its just a matter of taste, i dont like the OUTDOORSMAN...i want what i ordered...BTW, as i may have mentioned, the snail mail buildsheet, which was run and dated and postmarked 6/29, had it right.....I requested another one a few days ago, specifically to be sent snail mail...lets see which gets here first, the truck, or the build sheet...(one clerk said it takes 3-4 weeks to snail mail one...) and more importantly, what it says...ALL the items (all 5 pages of em) were exactly correct including the vehicle ...thanks again for the offer...I wish there was a way....
Old 08-07-2013, 06:11 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Jeep Wrangler
Trim Level: Sahara
Color: Steel Blue
Rep:92
spp will become famous soon enough

No problem. I really hope it is an issue with VOTS as that is relatively easy to fix. If it is anything else it won't be a good thing. My gut instinct is one of the description files got crossed and that caused the issue.

In any case, your dealer should be looking at a system that is higher up the data food chain than the VOTS system. Right now VOTS is a snapshot in time. It seems someone has a fuzzy lens when taking the snapshot and I want to ensure it gets cleaned.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:55 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 3500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Maximum Steel Matallic
Rep:62
crabjoe will become famous soon enough

SPP,

If you want to look up an order, look this one up.. The last 8 of the VIN is DG547139 and the VON is 28392963.

This is from my order for a 2013 Ram 3500, which I cancelled back in May. But for some odd reason, it still comes up in VOTS as "production scheduled".. Dealer says it's cancelled, per my request...

If for some reason it does get built and shows up, I'll take it! Because it's supposedly cancelled, I just put a new order in for a '14MY (VON 29551658) .. It's equipped the same, except I added the factory spray-in bedliner... I'd rather have Line-X, but with my new position at work, I don't have time to get it done on a weekday...
Old 08-07-2013, 08:40 PM

Vehicle: 2014 1500 limited crew
Trim Level: limited
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:50
teflon74 will become famous soon enough

really yankee!?!??! They are trying to get that system up and running as a perk to those who order. It is not meant for daily tracking and really is purely a nicety they don't have to do. If you had any idea as to what goes on daily at any assembly plant you would understand why its not working (it is change over) right now. Really I think a simple ETA from the dealer should be enough. Be patient man stress kills.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:59 PM

Vehicle: 2014
Rep:10
JamesL is on a distinguished road

Teflon I would ask you really? This is a service they offered. If they could not offer it right then they should not offer it at all. It is no different that a service on your actual truck. Would you accept them saying the radio or nav different work. No you wouldnt. If you would read a few of these threads. It isnt neccessarly the Vots system that makes people mad it is the constant wrong stories times and dates that are given. I dont think it is to much to ask for a customer who is paying 30 to 50k for a truck to want a reasonable time period they could expect what they ordered.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflon74 View Post
really yankee!?!??! They are trying to get that system up and running as a perk to those who order. It is not meant for daily tracking and really is purely a nicety they don't have to do. If you had any idea as to what goes on daily at any assembly plant you would understand why its not working (it is change over) right now. Really I think a simple ETA from the dealer should be enough. Be patient man stress kills.
I can appreciate your position...I actually wish the thing had never been invented..go back to the old days..order the thing, and go to sleep for a couple months, until the dealer calls...or, occassionally call HIM "just because".....BUT INSTEAD....I was told I could track the vehicles' production BY THE DEALER...and frankly, I think he meant it exactly the way he said it...I suspect I have learned MORE about the way the thing works, or more precisely DOESNT WORK, than alot of folks who are making honest, but ill informed attempts in here to make sense of it..I see those other posts and laff...and its not funny..... I wish you had been listening to some of the so-called explanations, outright lies, and total inventions I have been told...if you had heard them, in response to simple questions, you wouldnt be posting what you did..CHRYSLER/DODGE/JEEP isnt some charitable institution....I expect accurate, TIMELY information.....but no matter...when the thing shows up, (assuming its the right vehicle) and assuming it runs waaaaaaaaaay better than the VOTS system....then all this wont matter...except to the ongoing legion of people who will post in here wanting to try to figure out "whats going on"...loooong after these threads have been buried....
mebbe by then they'll have it working...or not....yeh..."stress kills..."I couldve lived without all this......
Old 08-08-2013, 12:15 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 3500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Maximum Steel Matallic
Rep:62
crabjoe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Getting VOTS to be accurate should be fairly easy. The data is already available to dealers, so collecting the date isn't the issue. This issues is the way they set it up..

All they need to do is point the website to connect to the database that supplies the dealerconnect system or have that system push the same data to the database that VOTS uses...

Then it's just a matter of a query ... and the web code...

Shouldn't be hard for someone at Chrysler to do... You just need to get management on board to approve the change.

If and when VOTS is fixed, it would probably save them a coin by reducing the number of calls into their call center. 20 years ago, when I worked in a call center, it cost the company an average of, I think, $8 for every call that came in.... Probably costs more these days, assuming the call center is in the US.....

Last edited by crabjoe; 08-08-2013 at 12:20 AM.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:02 PM

Vehicle: 2014 1500 limited crew
Trim Level: limited
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:50
teflon74 will become famous soon enough

first of all James your going to compare a service that can tell you when your truck is being built to a mechanical service on a truck?!?!?! LMAO Yankee heres the other problem, they want to make the customer happy, sometimes they cant access the system so they feel they need to say something. By doing so they have no idea you"ve called 500 times so when the y try and be nice they give you the wrong info. It is a system that needs work no doubt, but its more of a courtesy then a need don't you think? IDK I guess im just one of those people who can wait for the dealer to call me and say come get it.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
first of all James your going to compare a service that can tell you when your truck is being built to a mechanical service on a truck?!?!?! LMAO Yankee heres the other problem, they want to make the customer happy, sometimes they cant access the system so they feel they need to say something. By doing so they have no idea you"ve called 500 times so when the y try and be nice they give you the wrong info. It is a system that needs work no doubt, but its more of a courtesy then a need don't you think? IDK I guess im just one of those people who can wait for the dealer to call me and say come get it.
No I dont...but its not worth the argument...THEY created the system...if it was accurate, i wouldnt call 500 times, and get 500 explanations...including explanations that include...your VIN/VOTS doesnt exist...we dont know why someone else "in the building" gave you shipment dates...your phone number isnt in our system...your email isnt in our system....you name it, they told me that...it got to the point where i could tell if I had an even shot at getting something useful in the first few seconds....all ...blah blah blah....its inexcuseable.....I dont need a "courtesy system" that isnt worth the powder to blow it up....I need and deserve, accurate info...no matter how often i call, or which "telephone answerer" I happen to get....