DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-07-2013, 05:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2004 Ram2500
Trim Level: Larime
Color: silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
harbie is on a distinguished road
Default Dash discoloration and customer service

During the test drive of my 2013 Ram, my wife and I noticed a small white spot on the grey dashboard. We were told that it was glue from tape used during shipping. When we took delivery of the truck it was gone. The next morning it was back. I immediately went to the dealer in Lancaster Ca and was told that this was an unusual occurrence and the Chrysler Corporation would take two weeks to decide what to do with it. I finally received a call from Chrysler and met with the service manager. He informed me that the solution was to paint the spot. I asked if Chrysler was going to warranty the painting repair and was told they would not. After much disagreement and a complaint to Chrysler the dash was ordered. However, even though this was an unusual occurrence, the dash was back ordered as part of 10 being replaced (this doesn't count the ones that were painted) on 2013 Rams. The dealer finally called me up and set an appointment to take the truck in. A couple days ago they called and said that as they were repairing the dash, they damaged a speaker and the repair would take an additional 4 to 7 days. They have now had the truck over two weeks. After the first several days I complained to Chrysler and received a rental car. What a hassle. While I was at the dealership, I ran into a friend of mine who had his 2012 Ram in for service because of a faulty smog part. He was charged over $300.00 for the repair and told his warranty was void because he used a K & N filter. He called K & N. They reimbursed him immediately and are going after the dealer for their money. Lessons learned: when dealing with specific deal, be prepared to go through the corporate complaint procedure and speak loudly when dealing with them. It seems that is the only way they learn. The sad part of this is that after driving my Ram my wife was all set to buy one for her real estate business, until this happened.
Sponsored links
Old 08-07-2013, 07:38 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4362
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunate, and also unfortunately most manufactures are like this, I have found that this is not just Chrysler but most Auto makers, its not always the manufacture but most of the time the dealer that does not want to complain to the manufacture on your behalf to get what you should be getting as a service. You will read of some members that had stupid little issues with there truck and horrid stories with there dealers/Chrysler and others that ran into very huge issues and had no problems getting them resolved. Its too bad but the system is not perfect and nor are most that you will deal with. I have seen the same stories on other forums on other makes. My wife has a 2009 Hyundai, stupid little things have popped up, we bring it to them they fix it, no questions, and return the car repaired. Never a problem, I even asked them to check a small vibration, they said normal, usually they would charge 20$ to check something that is not covered, they said on the house. Anyways, hope you get 200k worry free miles off the truck from now on.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:33 AM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1520
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

The dealer is the bottle neck. Some are "old school" and believe anything done to a truck will void the warranty. Their knee jerk reaction is to cry foul so they don't have to deal with it. When I had my issues with my truck being undriveable I didn't even need to ask for a rental. The dealer called me to say it was going to be a couple of days and he was sending a shuttle to pick me up to come and get the rental. I say rental but I didn't pay a dime out of pocket.

I did contact RAM to make sure they knew I was displeased about my truck being undriveable. IMO a rental when your brand new truck is at the dealer for more then a day is an automatic compensation RAM or the dealer should pop for.

Call RAM customer service. Make them open a ticket and assign you a rep. Call them every other day so THEY put pressure on the dealer. Two weeks is a long time to go without your truck. Ask them about compensation.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped Grille Inserts The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover
Old 08-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:465
Monster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of light

Agreed, this isn't Chrysler this is all on the dealer. Find a new dealer, one that is interested in you and your business.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2004 Ram2500
Trim Level: Larime
Color: silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
harbie is on a distinguished road
Default thanks

I agree that this probably is a dealer issue. They seem to not care about repeat customers.

Thanks for all the advice. We'll see how it goes