DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - SIGS - Special Interest Groups > Military

Notices

Military Special Interest Group for members of all branches of the military, active duty or retired. - Click the badge to the right to request membership>>

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-02-2013, 09:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 1994 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Cheap
Color: Multi
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:15
SyntaxNero is on a distinguished road
Default A SSG's rant on the issues ahead

In light of all the proposed gun control bills that are going to be introduced as soon as the house is back in session. I have prepared the following template that can be copied and pasted in an email to your representatives.

If you are in this area of the forum then you have taken the Oath of Enlistment.
The below applies to you, too.

(Admin, please do not delete this thread, it is important to us grunts, or at least should be.)

The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of the Department of Defense, the United States Government or its third party service providers

I oppose any bill that tries to limit my Rights. Support of any Bill that infringes on my constitutionally protected rights is punishable under Title 18 U.S.C., Section 241.

From Norton Vs Shelby county: "An unconstitutional act is not a law; it confers no rights; it imposes no duties; it affords no protection; it creates no office; it is in legal contemplation as inoperative as though it had never been passed."

I am not of the mind to give up any of my freedoms afforded to me by the Constitution. Others may choose to, that is fine. But they must realize that they have that ability because there are good people with guns ready to do whatever is necessary to protect their rights whether they agree with it or not. That is true love and true patriotism. If there were not a long line of like minded people standing at the ready, I fear that many people would not have the ability to publicly profess their beliefs in the manner in which we do today. That to me is sad. As they say a freedom not exercised, is a freedom lost.

Banning guns will never solve the issue. There will never be any 'gun buyback schemes" that will work. Criminals will never give them up willfully. There is only one thing these predators understand and that is power. I believe that we should give good honest law abiding people whatever tools necessary to defend their own lives and those of their families and loved ones.

I am also of the opinion that "Gun free zones" must be abolished as they are a safe haven for predators to carry out their atrocious acts unchallenged.

Constitutionally speaking, the militia and the citizenry are synonymous.
They are one in the same, because the militia was and is made up of ALL able bodied men. As you know, the primary purpose for the 2nd amendment is to defend a member state and the citizens therein against an out of control, tyrannical federal government. Therefore the 2nd amendment is just as important now as it ever has been considering the direction our federal government is going.

As far as "assault weapons" are concerned, as long as those in power have them, so will I. As long as those who have the power and resolve to oppress me, I will be equally as armed as they are. Period.

An assault rifle has three distinct characteristics according to the United States military.
1. The firearm must be chambered to an intermediate cartridge.
2. The firearm must have a detachable box magazine.
3. The firearm must be capable of selective fire.

It must have all three to be an Assault Weapon and #3 is already an NFA item.

The United States of America is the greatest military power in the world. Our military capabilities far surpass those of any other nation on earth. The reality is: Take just two states of the union for this example we'll choose Pennsylvania & Michigan; If only the portion of Michigan & Pennsylvania's population which had hunting licenses took up arms which is roughly 1,005,000 & 1,299,372 people (total 2,304,372), you would have the LARGEST STANDING ARMY IN THE WORLD by over nearly 1 million bodies. That doesn't include non-hunters who are armed, sport & competitive shooters, recreational shooters prior military and law enforcement in those states. Add people the other states and the number grows to nearly incomprehensible size.

This was part of the original thinking behind the 2nd amendment. Our system was designed to operate behind a system of checks and balances, and being equally armed as those who have the power is one of those checks and balances.

The 2nd amendment HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HUNTING. Think about it. Back then, people hunted for their food. It was the ONLY way to survive and feed one's family. There were no grocery stores. Because hunting was a common and everyday activity, why in the world would the founders feel it necessary to guarantee the right to hunt in a bill of rights whose power is derived from God? They didn't. Therefore, the primary purpose for the 2nd amendment is as I stated above.

The moral of the story here is:

We the People have loaned out power to you, the Government and ultimately have the ability to govern the Government through the constitutionally protected democratic process.

Federal Statute in 10 U.S.C. § 502
Enlistment oath:

"I, (YOUR NAME HERE), do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

See the Order?

0. solemnly swear(to God)
1. support and defend the Constitution
2. bear true faith and allegiance to the (same) Constitution
3. orders of the President of the United States
4. orders of the officers appointed over me
5. regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice
6. So help me God

As long as 3, 4 or 5 do not contradict 0, 1, 2 and 6.

Declaration of Orders I Will NOT Obey because they contradict 0, 1, 2 and 6.

Recognizing that I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and affirming that I am a guardian of the Republic, of the principles in our Declaration of Independence, and of the rights of our people, I affirm and declare the following:

1. I will NOT obey any order to disarm the American people.

2. I will NOT obey any order to conduct warrantless searches of the American people, their homes, vehicles, papers, or effects -- such as warrantless house-to house searches for weapons or persons.

3. I will NOT obey any order to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to trial by military tribunal.

4. I will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state, or to enter with force into a state, without the express consent and invitation of that state’s legislature and governor.

5. I will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty and declares the national government to be in violation of the compact by which that state entered the Union.

6. I will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.

7. I will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.

8. I will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control” during any emergency, or under any other pretext. I will consider such use of foreign troops against our people to be an invasion and an act of war.

9. I will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies, under any emergency pretext whatsoever.

10. I will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.

USC › Title 18 › Part I › Chapter 13 › § 241
Conspiracy against rights

If two or more persons conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or because of his having so exercised the same; or

They shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, they shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

Feel free to contact me and I will be more than happy to give you a primer on the United States Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and what the term Freedom means.

Sincerely,
SSG Ryan Sexton
United States Army

The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of the Department of Defense, the United States Government or its third party service providers

Last edited by SyntaxNero; 01-02-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 02-07-2013, 11:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman SLT
Color: black/gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Connman67 is on a distinguished road

Fantastic post. Thanks for putting this up. I hope people read this and remove their heads. It seems like people don't care whats happening in this country. We as a country are not immune to being over run. It can happen to ANY country with the wrong people in power.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:36 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: True Blue
Rep:28
airforce26yrs is on a distinguished road

I agree with almost everything you have said, and will not give up my guns without a fight.

The only thing that comes into question is the following: "3. I will NOT obey any order to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to trial by military tribunal."

It is known that there are Americans (although not many) that are fighting with the enemy overseas. Would you not detain them if they were trying to kill you or members of your unit. There even may be citizens in the U.S. that are planning terrorist attacks on US soil, would you not detain them?

Good post.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:31 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

good post, if some one is proven to be a home grown terrorist, i am sure he will know what to do.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Ocean Blue
atkpilot is on a distinguished road
Default Well Said SSG

I thank you for your articulate rendition of why the so-called gun control legislation is in essense subversion of our constitution! As a retired US Army officer, we must speak out regarding whose rights we were sworn to defend!
Old 08-13-2013, 02:57 PM

Vehicle: 1994 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Cheap
Color: Multi
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:15
SyntaxNero is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforce26yrs View Post
I agree with almost everything you have said, and will not give up my guns without a fight.

The only thing that comes into question is the following: "3. I will NOT obey any order to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to trial by military tribunal."

It is known that there are Americans (although not many) that are fighting with the enemy overseas. Would you not detain them if they were trying to kill you or members of your unit. There even may be citizens in the U.S. that are planning terrorist attacks on US soil, would you not detain them?

Good post.

If anyone, to include an American citizen, is actively engaging, then under ROE you always have the right to self defense. In another country, most all the rules change.
My statement is more directed to a home front action, like the Boston bombing. We had Police, SWAT and Military personnel kicking in every single door in a 4 mile area looking for one person. Pointing their weapons at American citizens’, shooting family dogs, tazing, pepper spraying and handcuffing citizens’ who refused to open their homes to personnel that had no writ or warrant, no legal grounds to enter. This is a direct violation of everything we swore to defend against. Makes me sick. Also makes me wonder that when Sh)^ hits the fan, it’ll look more like citizens’ and some military personnel against police, Military, DHS, SWAT, Etc.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014
Trim Level: SPORT CC 4X4
Color: Black
molonlabe123 is on a distinguished road
Default Great Post

Great post fellow SSG. I felt the and remain to feel the same way about these issues as you. You should look into joining the Oathkeepers.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:54 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 RCSB
Color: Red
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:69
USAF Long will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to USAF Long

Oathkeeper here... I will not disarm or detain American citizens. Being a member of the military I will not follow unlawful/unconstitutional orders given by any officer. If it comes to it, I'd take up arms with my fellow citizens and defend our land and our rights.

If I lived in Boston you'd have seen me on the news for having a shootout with police for trying to forcibly enter my domicile without a warrant. I'd probably be killed but I wouldn't go down without a fight. Some call that wrong, I say we all must draw a line on what we stand for and be prepared to give our life for it.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:48 PM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Cherry Red
Rep:12
swisman is on a distinguished road

Good stuff brother!
Old 01-17-2014, 03:52 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Laramie
Trim Level: Longhorn Crew Cab
Color: White/Gold
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:487
Silvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of light

If you will read the newest introduced bill, you'll find that there are no mention of taking anyone weapon away from those that have legally purchased their firearms. Subjects about new firearm control laws will always create controversy.

*** US Army Retired - 11B40 - 1964/'85 ***