DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires

Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-15-2013, 05:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:23
DanTheMan is on a distinguished road
Default Nitto vs. Goodyear

I'm in need of a new set of tires and I've been doing a fair bit of research. I pretty much have my choices down to Nitto Terra Grapplers or Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs. The size I'm going to run is 285/70/17. I do a little bit of off-roading, but nothing too crazy. I wanted something that handled rain well, and that looked good. Which one should I go with? Has anyone had good/bad luck with either one? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
Sponsored links
Old 08-15-2013, 05:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Quad Cab diesel
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:217
dodge man has a spectacular aura aboutdodge man has a spectacular aura aboutdodge man has a spectacular aura about

I've had good luck with the Duratracs.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:23 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

I have Nitto's. They are pretty good tires and last a long time. Im not nice to the truck and about 10K miles later they still look new. We can get them if interested. Send us an email. sales@bullysperformance.com

Any questions, feel free to ask

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 08-15-2013, 10:36 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:530
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bully's Performance View Post
I have Nitto's. They are pretty good tires and last a long time. Im not nice to the truck and about 10K miles later they still look new. We can get them if interested. Send us an email. sales@bullysperformance.com

Any questions, feel free to ask
I Love my Nitto Terra Grappler's!!!

Went with 305/50R20's on stock chrome clad 20's
for my lowered 10' RCSB 4x4 with Ground Force 2/3 drop

Looks and rides like a dream,
unfortunately they are pretty much done inside 22k miles (36k kms)

They Cost me HUGE $$$ in Canada at $400 each,
and as insane as it sounds I'm still willing to replace them with the very same thing LOL!

The good news is I only put on 10k km's per year, so 3 years per set isnt so bad.

Here's my before and after pics...

stock photo: Nitto Terra Grappler

305/50R20 Next to my 28" Drag Radial from 2010 (likely September, that's when I bought the DR's)

After: June 04/13 , 3 months shy of 3 years old...and wont see another Canadian Winter like this:

Now the BIG question...Can Bully get me a Better deal?
the catch...shipped to my door in Canada ?

I see them as low as $250 in the USofA (a good $600 less than local)
So how much of that gets eaten up with shipping charges?

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP
Old 08-15-2013, 11:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport
Color: White
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:23
DanTheMan is on a distinguished road

BlackRamHemi, your truck is beautiful. I hope I could get a bit more than 22K miles out of a set of Nittos though. I got a quote on the Nittos for a little over $800 all said and done for a set. Im still torn between the two
Old 08-15-2013, 11:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Big Horn QC
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver 4 x 4
Rep:86
05cr125r will become famous soon enough

i had the Nittos on my last truck, and now Dura's on this one...i really like the Duras and they seem to be holding up well
Mods; Line X, Bilsteins set at 2.1, Magnaflow 18", Debadged , Blue LED Interior, LED license plate, Blue LED reverse, Fronts tinted 20 %, Stubby Antenna,AVS WindowVisors,Green Perormance Air Filter, Black Honeycomb Grille Insert, Mopar OEM Fender Flares
Old 08-16-2013, 12:26 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

I got almost 30K on the Nitto TG's on the recently totaled Xterra and there was still a good 30% tread life left.... at least.

An awesome tire!

I'm guessing The Black Mamba was smoking them up quite a few times to only get 22K out of them.

Grub out!
Old 08-16-2013, 09:13 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:530
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
I got almost 30K on the Nitto TG's on the recently totaled Xterra and there was still a good 30% tread life left.... at least.

An awesome tire!

I'm guessing The Black Mamba was smoking them up quite a few times to only get 22K out of them.

Not me, I hate seeing my hard earned money go up in smoke
I have dedicated drag radials for the track....all four of them.

I have to leave my truck in 4-Auto (AWD) all year round, and at the track for traction
or it will just sit and spin when I punch it since swapping in a high stall torque converter 2 years ago.

I do drive aggressively though, almost all city miles with stop and go traffic and lots of cornering.

But with that said,
in all my years I've NEVER had a tire last under 50k kms until now. Same driving style

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP
Old 08-16-2013, 09:22 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

I know what you mean about money and smoke. Me too.

I've only had ne set of tires last me over 50K in all my years of driving.

I usually scrap them no less than app. 20% life.

I'm a huge advocate of quality tires but more so of tire care/inspection. I inspect all our vehicles' tire weekly without a hitch; and address any premature wear/defects or the like promptly.

I've come to the assessment - just in the last few years - that driving habits and tire care play the main role in tire longevity.

Love your ride.... always have.

Cheers.

Grub out!
Old 08-16-2013, 04:09 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRamHemi View Post
Now the BIG question...Can Bully get me a Better deal?
the catch...shipped to my door in Canada ?

I see them as low as $250 in the USofA (a good $600 less than local)
So how much of that gets eaten up with shipping charges?
Yes we can. Andrew (fastNugly) is in CA and can get you them without all the fees. send us an email if interested. sales@bullysperformance.com

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!