DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum > Oil Change
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Oil Change Ready to change the oil in your Dodge Ram? Engine -Trans - Differential - Transfer Case

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-18-2013, 04:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram
Color: pearl grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Devibear is on a distinguished road

I bought my 2009 used (35000km's/18500miles) the first thing I did was drop oil and put in full synthetic oil and a fram filter. ( I have always only used Fram in every vehicle I have ever owned). I change oil every 10000k/6000 miles and still runs awesome. Starts real nice especially when its -60 degees celcius in winter.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Ram SLT 5.7
Trim Level: slt
Color: grey
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
gottobecdn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
I dont know about your area. but i can tell you up here in Ontario, Canada we can not do our own oil changes or we void our warranty.
I just did my first Oil change.. light came on at 4500 but i pushed it to 5000k due to xmas season and all the running around.. I paid 59.00 cnd at a 10 min oil change place.. and will go tot he dealer right after xmas when i have more time.. want to talk to them about going full synthetic and how that works on warranty. Our biggest issues up here in Canada is they look for any reason to void the warranty on our trucks and Jeeps.
Just did a oil change myself and was looking here to see how to reset the light which I found, thx guys..... FYI The Quaker state 5/20 and a Fram filter bought here in the Niagara area was $55.98 CAD = $46.00 USD, I'd be better off letting someone else change it or better yet I should plan my trips to the in laws cottage in PA around my oil changes lol. Scored a full set of Cooper Zeons last time I was there for $800 installed, would have cost me close to $1400 here. My name says gottobecdn but sometimes I wish it was gottobeamerican