DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-07-2013, 05:44 PM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1475
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

As always, thanks for sharing Arth.
I believe you're right, 35% will be difficult to detect.. especially since the HP I spoke with said a suspicion of illegal tint is a secondary stop (I assume this means they have to pull me over for something else and then look at the tint..?).
As for the 18% your current Ram has.. even if I could by law have any tint %, I would still not go that dark. I prefer to be able to see out at night and the factory % in the rear is just about as dark as I'd care to go.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 ram 2500
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: flame red
Rep:471
Kcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of light

I think you'll be fine with 35% tint. Your only problem would be if you get pulled over by a cop that decides to test. I've never had a cop even mention mine done at 20%. Not sure how strict your cops are there though

6" BDS lift kit, BMF R.E.P.R, 37" toyo MT, recon cab lights, color matched interior trim, tinted tails, custom headlights, cjc off-road light bar, backrack, afe stage 2 CAI
sponsored by BULLY'S PERFORMANCE
Old 08-07-2013, 09:38 PM
RAM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Rep:309
Rich859 is a jewel in the roughRich859 is a jewel in the roughRich859 is a jewel in the roughRich859 is a jewel in the rough

For some extra pics, heres my truck with tint. 20%front and 1% rear

Too many mods to list. Full list can be found on my profile.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:09 AM
Ram Ham

KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

Seems it will be a hunt to find a shop who will install 35% on my front windows. The first one I contacted up north said they would not go to 35% due to state requirements. The hunt continues...

I had to take my rig back in after they replaced my seat bottoms last week. Apparently, some bright brain decided to try to force a plastic cover that covers the seat frame under the driver's seat back into place. I was vacuuming a few days later, bumped the cover and it did an Olympic somersault into the foot well, ricocheting off of the pedals. It's been fixed/replaced under warranty since they knew it was caused by them.

I am still wanting to have my roof rattle inspected and hopefully figured out, but after my most recent repair I am hesitant since I would hate to get her back and either have the problem worse than before or a totally different problem altogether.

I finally got around to ordering a few miscellaneous items I've been wanting. The first is to arrive via UPS tomorrow so I'll post pics of the more relevant pieces. I'm also narrowing in on my KC lights. I feel I will have those purchased and installed in the next month.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:37 PM
Ram Ham

And some minor mods that I've been wanting to get..
Night shots will come later today of the last one (can't wait to see it myself, lol!)

Old 08-20-2013, 07:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:2008
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

Looks good! Afraid to my say the ownership of this truck for me is coming to a close. I will enjoy watching you build up your truck though!

Chrome... in moderation.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:34 PM
Ram Ham

Thanks Arth! And I did stumble across a thread where I read about you considering a 2004 Cummins. I didn't know the decision had been made though. Sorry to see this one go, but I can understand your reasoning. Kind of hard to turn a blind eye to the idea of slashing your loan while simultaneously getting yourself back into a 2500. Shall I be keeping my eyes open for any Arth sponsored chrome featured fire sales in the coming weeks?
Old 08-20-2013, 08:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:2008
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA1OTE View Post
Thanks Arth! And I did stumble across a thread where I read about you considering a 2004 Cummins. I didn't know the decision had been made though. Sorry to see this one go, but I can understand your reasoning. Kind of hard to turn a blind eye to the idea of slashing your loan while simultaneously getting yourself back into a 2500. Shall I be keeping my eyes open for any Arth sponsored chrome featured fire sales in the coming weeks?
Selling a few things already.. not sure it is anything you'd be interested in since I have a rough idea of how you are building up your truck. If I have something that is going that I think you may like I will let you know.

Edit: I just thought.. maybe the 13 tails would interest you.

Chrome... in moderation.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:47 PM
Ram Ham

Oh goodness. The 13 tails. Wow. They do look nice on your (old) truck but I'm not sure how they'd look on my gray. They just pop on yours.. I blame the orange sunburst color. LOL But I'm not as confident as others when it comes to wiring and if I remember correctly, you had to work to make the 13s fit a 12, right?

EDIT: Ah, hell.. how much you asking for them (since I didn't see them listed on your FS thread)?
Old 08-22-2013, 04:57 AM
Ram Ham

Night shots of the new chrome cover for the 2rd brake light..